“How can a housewife make money at home?”
Ever wondered about that?
Being a housewife doesn’t mean you’re stuck with earning little or no money.
There are tons of great ways for stay at home moms to make money
Maybe you want some extra cash to put towards a family vacation.
Maybe you’re looking for a little extra spending money.
KashKick: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
Panel Payday: Earn up to $75 per survey. They also pay up to $50/hr for mystery shopping. Join Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours by PayPal! Join Branded Surveys
First Opinion: Wanna get paid for every single survey (+ high paying online focus groups) with cash or direct deposit? This is for you! Join Now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $5 instantly!
Or, perhaps you need some extra money to cover the bills.
Whatever the reason is, we could all use some extra money.
And, nowadays, thanks to the multitude of opportunities available online, and on our smartphones, we don’t even need to leave the house to make money.
Whether you’re a housewife, stay-at-home mom or dad, want part-time or full-time work, there are plenty of ways that you can contribute to your household’s income.
And the best part about these opportunities is that you can do ’em from anywhere, whether you live in the U.S., Canada or halfway around the world in India.
Below, we list some super simple jobs for housewives to make some extra money.
What will I learn?
Best Ways for Housewives to Make Money Sitting at Home
Here are some awesome extra income ideas to start with…
1. Use Reward Websites
This is such an easy one, but it’s often overlooked.
After all, it’s hard to believe that a website would pay you for something as easy as watching videos or shopping online – but believe us, they do!
With rewards websites, in return for completing easy tasks you’ll earn either:
- Points that you can redeem for gift cards or money.
Now, each rewards website will offer different tasks, but for most of these sites, the types of tasks on offer include:
- Completing offers – this is usually things like signing up for a free trial of a product or service.
- Playing games – this can include app games, or desktop games.
- Browsing the internet.
- Watching videos.
- Taking surveys.
What all of these sites have in common is that they offer a wide variety of different tasks. This means that there are plenty of ways to earn.
Here are a few rewards websites to check out:
- Gift Hunter Club
- Loot Palace
- Coins Rewarder
2. Take Surveys
Another really easy way for homemakers to make extra money is by taking surveys.
Most of these surveys are simple and can be done from your smartphone or computer.
These survey companies work with brands that want consumer feedback.
In return for offering your valuable opinion, you’ll receive money.
Some survey sites offer points that you can redeem for cash.
Google Opinion Rewards
- Desktop version: https://surveys.google.com/google-opinion-reward
- Download Google Opinion Rewards for Android devices here.
Surveys on the Go
- Desktop version: surveysonthego.com
- Download Surveys on the Go for iOS devices here.
- Download Surveys on the Go for Android devices here.
- Desktop version: ncponline.com
- Download NCP Online for iOS devices here.
- Download NCP Online for Android devices here.
- Desktop version: https://social.i-say.com/
- Download Ipsos i-Say for iOS devices here.
- Download Ipsos i-Say for Android devices here.
- Desktop version: https://www.ipoll.com
- Download iPoll for iOS devices here.
- Download iPoll for Android devices here.
- Desktop version: https://www.surveymini.com
- Download SurveyMini for iOS devices here.
- Download SurveyMini for Android devices here.
- Desktop version: https://us.toluna.com
- Download Toluna for iOS devices here.
- Download Toluna for Android devices here.
- Desktop version: univoxcommunity.com
- Download Univox Community for iOS devices here.
- Download Univox Community Android devices here.
- Desktop version: https://www.mysurvey.com
- Download MySurvey for Android devices here.
- Desktop version: https://mobilexpression.com
- Download MobileXpression for iOS devices here.
- Download MobileXpression for Android devices here.
- Desktop version: https://www.pineconeresearch.com
- Download Pinecone Research for iOS devices here.
- Desktop version: https://today.yougov.com
- Download YouGov for iOS devices here.
- Download YouGov for Android devices here.
- Desktop version: surveycow.co
- Download SurveyCow for Android devices here.
- Desktop version: https://www.qmee.com
- Download Qmee for Android devices here.
- Download Qmee for iOS devices here.
- Download the Qmee Chrome Extension here.
For even more survey websites, make sure that you check out our article on paid survey websites.
4. Keep your Receipts
Next time you go shopping, don’t forget to hang onto your receipt.
While most of us simply throw our receipts in the trash, doing so means that you could miss out on free money.
There are apps that pay you to upload your receipts from the grocery store and other establishments.
Usually, you just have to take a photo of your receipt, upload the picture to the app and get paid.
With others, you might have to purchase certain products and upload a photo of your receipt to get a rebate.
Here are a few to check out:
Walmart Savings Catcher
- Download Walmart Savings Catcher for iOS devices here
- Download Walmart Savings Catcher for Android devices here
- Download Jingit for Android devices here
- Download Paribus for your device here.
5. Sign up for Websites
Did you know that there are websites that pay you just to sign up?
And, we’re not talking about websites that you have to pay for here.
No, these sites are totally free to join.
But, they give you cash for signing up.
This isn’t going to make you a lot of cash, but it’s so easy!
You don’t have to do anything other than entering basic information, like your email address and name.
So, take a look at these sites.
- InboxDollars – $5 bonus.
- Ebates – $10 bonus.
- Swagbucks – $3 bonus.
- FusionCash – $5 bonus.
- Cash4Offers – $5 bonus.
- PointClub – $5 bonus.
- Univox Community – $5 bonus.
- CashCrate – $1 bonus.
- TreasureTrooper – $1 bonus.
- BeFrugal – $10 Bonus
If you sign up for all of them, which, again, is free to do, then you’ll make $50!
6. Play Games
If you love trivia games, word searches and games in general, then you’ll be glad to know that there are apps available that will pay you to play games.
Here are a few to check out:
- Download SwagIQ for iOS devices here.
- Download SwagIQ for Android devices here.
- And, check out our SwagIQ review to learn more.
Perk Scratch & Win
- Download Perk Scratch & Win for Android devices here.
- Download Perk Scratch & Win for iOS devices here.
Perk Pop Quiz
- Download Quiz Rewards for Android devices here.
Perk Word Search
7. Grow your Money with Micro-Investments
If you’re looking to make extra cash, then a great way to do this is through investing.
But, the problem is that most of us don’t even know where to start – making the process of building a portfolio a daunting one.
It doesn’t have to be though – thanks to micro-investment apps, you can automate the investment process.
Micro-investment apps automatically invest your cash into a portfolio of stocks and bonds.
Many of them do this by rounding up your purchases to the nearest dollar amount and then investing the spare change.
Others allow you to determine how much you want to invest.
And, unlike traditional investments, with micro-investments, you don’t have to invest much – hence the name.
You can get started with as little as $1.
Here are a few apps to check out:
8. Allow Apps to Collect your Data
Want to get paid to literally do nothing?
Well, with paid data collection apps you can.
You allow these apps to run in the background, or manually share your data with them, and in return, you’ll get paid.
You can earn over $200 a year doing this.
And, your data is securely stored, so you don’t have to worry.
- Download SmartPhoneMate for Android devices here.
- Read our Shoptracker review to learn more about the app and to get the download links.
- Visit SavvyConnect to see all the devices you can install their app on.
- Download Embee Meter for Android devices here.
- Download AppOptix for Android devices here.
9. Turn your Phone’s Lock Screen into a Billboard
Did you know that you could make money from your phone’s lock screen?
And, it’s super easy too.
These apps pay you just to display ads and other content on your phone’s lock screen.
You can use your phone as you normally would, and you don’t even have to interact with the content if you don’t want to.
And, you’ll get paid.
It’s that simple – display content, and then get paid.
You can unlock your phone as usual.
Here are a few apps to check out:
Please note that all of the apps above are only available for Android devices.
So, if you have an iPhone, then you won’t be able to use them. Take a look at one of our other money-making methods instead.
10. Pick up some Extra Groceries
There’s a company called Shipt that pays people to pick up and deliver groceries.
You get paid $25 an hour to basically grocery shop.
And, since you probably already visit the grocery store, this is a convenient way to make extra cash.
We have a full review of Shipt, which you should read if you’re interested in earning money with the company.
11. Search the Internet
Want to get paid to browse the internet?
Well, you can!
I use Bing to search the internet instead and have earned three gift cards now.
This is because Microsoft rewards you when you use its search engine. It does this through a program called Microsoft Rewards.
When you first start out, you’re at Level one, and can earn 30 points a day for searches – each search is worth 3 points.
If you earn 500 points in a month, then you reach level two and you can earn up to 90 points per day.
You can also search on your mobile.
Then, you can redeem your points for gift cards to a variety of places, like:
- Microsoft store.
- Xbox Store.
- Sweepstakes entries – there are a range of tech prizes on offer.
Also, there are sometimes gift cards available to stores and restaurants as well.
Generally, 5,000 points gets you $5. This isn’t a quick way to earn, but it’s so simple and is something that you can consistently build up each day.
12. Make Money Back with Upromise
Upromise is a great service that parents should definitely check out. It’s a program that helps parents and college students to save money and pay down debts.
The program, which you can join for free, gives you cashback on a plethora of things, such as:
- Online shopping: 5% cashback.
- Dining: 2.5% cashback.
- Travel: 5% cashback.
- Grocery and drug store purchases: You can get eCoupons on the Upromise website that gives you cashback at a variety of stores.
You then get to decide what you want to do with your cashback.
- Save the cash: Upromise allows you to have your cashback transferred to a savings account.
- Pay student loans: You can have your cashback earnings automatically transferred to pay your student loans.
- Request a Check: If you simply want the cash to spend, then you can just request a check.
Read our Upromise review to learn more about the program.
13. Become a Mystery Shopper
Give businesses valuable feedback, and make your time at the grocery store profitable by becoming a mystery shopper.
There’s an app called Mobee, which pays you to be a mystery shopper.
With this app, you pick up “missions” in your area. A mission involves visiting an establishment and providing feedback on the app.
Basically, you offer your opinion on grocery stores, restaurants, and other retailers and businesses in your area.
In return for providing feedback, you earn points.
You can redeem these points for gift cards, such as:
- MasterCard prepaid gift card.
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Best Buy.
Where to get it:
But, Mobee isn’t the only platform of its kind out there.
There are tons of other companies that will pay you to be a mystery shopper.
We have a list that includes 200 mystery shopping opportunities, so check that out here.
And, also be aware that there are, unfortunately, a lot of mystery shopping scams out there – you can read more about how to avoid these scams here.
14. Sell your Photos
Have a smartphone?
Then, you could make money selling photos!
There are websites out there that will pay you for photographs – and in addition to photographs taken by SLR and digital cameras, they also accept photos taken with cellphones.
Just take a photo, upload it, and you’ll get paid when someone buys it. And, you can even earn money multiple times from the same photograph.
Here are a few places to check out:
15. Wrap your car
Did you know that you could make money when you’re running errands or picking up the kids from school?
All you have to do is wrap your car with ads and drive it around as you would normally.
A company called Wrapify will pay you $400 to $600 per month just to display ads on your car.
Wrapify will put the ads on your car for you, free of charge, and you can decide on the extent that you want your car wrapped.
We go into more detail about Wrapify in our post on getting paid to advertise on your car. You can read this post here.
16. Rent out your Car
If your car often just sits in the driveway, then you might want to consider renting it out.
There are a few companies that you can use to rent out your car.
You could earn $6,000 a year doing this!
Here are a few to consider:
17. Sell Clothes
Whether it’s a coat that doesn’t fit anymore or a pair of jeans that you decided you didn’t like as much you did when you got them home from the store, most of us have clothes we no longer wear.
In fact, we only wear around 20% of our closets according to statistics.
So, rather than just leaving your clothes to clutter up your closet, why not sell them instead?
There are apps and websites out there that make the process of selling your unwanted clothes, bags and shoes so easy.
Here a few places to sell through:
- Desktop version: https://poshmark.com/
- Download Poshmark for iOS devices here.
- Download Poshmark for Android devices here.
- Desktop version: https://www.thredup.com/
- Download thredUP for iOS devices here.
- Download thredUP for Android devices here.
- Desktop version: https://www.tradesy.com/
- Get the Tradesy app here.
Sell clothing, accessories and beauty items on Vinted. Payments are made within the app, which is handy, as it means that you don’t have the hassle of dealing with payment. It’s free to sell items on the app as well.
- Desktop version: https://www.vinted.com
- Download Vinted for iOS devices here.
- Download Vinted for Android devices here.
18. Sell Books
Another thing that we all have taking up too much space in our homes is books. Even if you, like me, love a good book, there are titles that once you’ve read them, you most likely won’t read again.
So, consider selling them.
There are so many places online where you can sell used books.
Cash4Books is a good place to sell through. The website buys them directly from you, so you don’t have to put them up for sale and wait for a customer to purchase them.
This makes the whole process of selling used books a whole lot quicker.
Where to get it:
- Desktop version: cash4books.net
- Download Cash4Books for iOS devices here.
- Download Cash4Books for Android devices here.
Also, check out our Cash4Books review to learn more about this website.
Another excellent website to check out is BookScouter.
It’s a tool that can save you a lot of time.
Using this website, you can search for and view prices offered by 42 buyback book vendors for the book you want to sell.
So, you don’t have to visit a bunch of different websites to compare prices.
Essentially, BookScouter (review here) is a price comparison tool for buyback vendors.
So, if you’re looking to sell, then you should definitely use it.
And, finally, if you’re looking to get rid of unwanted textbooks, check out our list of the 25 Best Places to Sell College Textbooks.
19. Sell Everything Else
Whether it’s an old coffee table that you no longer want or DVDs you no longer watch, you, like most of us, probably have stuff lying around the house that you don’t need.
Well, rather than tossing it in the trash, sell it instead.
Nowadays, selling your stuff is super simple.
20. Make money from a Hobby on Etsy
Another easy and really fun way to make cash from home is to turn a hobby into a money-making venture.
Do you love to crochet?
Or maybe you love painting?
Whatever it is, if you love arts and crafts, then you could make money with your hobby through Etsy.
On Etsy, you can set up your own store and sell handmade items.
Learn more about selling on Etsy here.
21. Get a Cashback Credit Card
Making your wallet work for you is such a simple way to increase your income – and one of the best ways to do this is with a cashback credit card.
With these cards, you can earn a percentage of your spending back when you make purchases at the grocery store, restaurant, and gas station or anywhere else your credit card is accepted.
Here are a few credit cards to consider, and what they offer:
- Discover It Card – 5% cashback.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card – 1.5% cashback.
- Citi Double Cash Card – 2% cashback.
- American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card – 6% cashback.
- Bank of America Cash Rewards Credit Card – 2% cashback.
22. Test out Websites
You know when you go on a website, and the page doesn’t load in properly, or a link you click on is broken?
It’s annoying, isn’t it?
Well, you can help to fix faulty websites by becoming a website tester and getting paid for it.
Since companies and brands want their customers to have good experiences on their sites, they want to fix any issues that a user might encounter.
This is where website testers come in.
A website tester uses a website as though they were a regular customer, but have to provide feedback on things like:
- How easy the site is to navigate.
- Whether there are any broken links.
- Whether there are any errors with the website.
This is a quick and easy job, so it’s definitely one to consider if you’re looking to make more money from home.
Here are a few places that pay you to test websites:
23. Get Paid to Shop Online
Next time you shop online, do it through a cashback website like Ebates.
Ebates features partner stores, like Walmart.com and Amazon.com for example. When you click on the store, you are taken to the website, and you shop there like normal. But, because you used Ebates’ links to get to the store, you get cash back!
Here are a few more cashback websites:
24. Watch TV
Watching TV is something we all do anyway – so why not make a little money from it.
There are apps that will pay to watch TV and videos, ranging from app trailers to sitcoms.
Here are a few to take a look at:
- Download Rewardable TV for Android devices here.
25. Complete Micro Tasks
Whether it’s captioning photographs or data entry, you can get paid to do a range of small tasks, also known as microtasks, online.
They don’t pay that much, but they’re pretty simple to do.
There are a few sites to consider:
- Desktop version: https://www.clickworker.com.
- Download Clickworker for iOS devices here.
Zeerk Micro Jobs and Freelance Services
- Desktop version: https://zeerk.com
- Download Zeerk Micro Jobs and Freelance Services for Android devices here.
- Download Zeerk Micro Jobs and Freelance Services for iOS devices here.
- Download Spare5 for iOS devices here.
Amazon Mechanica Turk
- Desktop version: https://www.mturk.com/
As you can see, there are so many ideas for stay at home moms and housewives to make money without paying anything, leaving the house or taking special online courses.
It doesn’t matter what your background, education, or skill level, if you have an internet connection, then you can make money from home.
Give one of these money making methods a try, and feel free to share any tips or ideas you may have about making extra money as a housewife, or househusband, in the comments section below.
the real cie
Excellent set of resources. I am a disabled worker. As a nurse, I made $40,000 a year. Once my health setbacks became so severe that I could no longer work long hours doing physically demanding work, I ended up making literal poverty level wages and have to make less than $1100 a month in order to keep Medicaid. The system is sick, but, until we can make effective changes for the better, we have to live with it.
I use a lot of these apps. Quick Thoughts is a personal favorite.
Thanks for including GrabPoints in your article!