Do you love getting great deals online?
We all love getting a great discount that saves us cash when we shop online.
That’s why Dealspotr is such a good platform.
Not only can you find money-saving codes on there, but you can also get paid for sharing them too!
If you have a following on a platform, like Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube as well, then you could become one of the site’s influencers, work with brands and get paid as an influencer.
Join InboxDollars for free. InboxDollars pays you to watch videos, search, shop, take surveys, and more. They have paid out $57 Million so far!
In our Dealspotr review, we cover the site in-depth, including how it works for shoppers, deal editors and influencers.
If you want to save on your next online purchase, or want to get paid to share deals you’ve found online, read on!
What is Dealspotr?
Dealspotr is a deals website with social elements.
What sets it apart from other coupon websites is that you can actually get paid for sharing the deals you find.
Any user can add a deal to the site
You can also edit deals – it’s sort of like Wikipedia, but for coupons, in that just like anyone can edit an article on Wikipedia, anyone can edit a deal on Dealspotr.
Through the Dealspotr Marketplace, people with a social media following, bloggers and YouTubers can work with brands as well and earn money.
How Dealspotr Works
Okay, so now you know what Dealspotr is, we’re going to cover how it works.
Now, it’s important to note that Dealspotr differs to other platforms in that you actually earn points for sharing deals, and you can become one of the site’s influencers and get paid to promote brands.
That’s why, below, we’re going to cover how Dealspotr works for:
- Shoppers who are looking for discounts
- People who want to earn for sharing coupons and deals.
- People with social media, blog and YouTube followers who want to work with brands.
Registration is free. You can sign up by going to https://dealspotr.com/.
Dealspotr for shoppers: Using coupons & deals
Dealspotr features a huge range of coupons for a plethora of stores, from Amazon to Sephora.
What’s interesting about the platform is that makes a big effort to verify that the deals actually work. Everyone likes coupons and promo codes that actually work.
Since it is a community-driven website, its members make tens of thousands of edits a day, so Dealspotr’s database has 10 million verified coupons.
Deals are checked and verified by the site’s members. When a user uploads a new deal, they have to provide a screenshot of the valid discount on the retailer’s website, to verify that it works.
When it first launched, Dealspotr aimed to make finding coupon codes, discounts and other deals that work easier to find – hence the verification.
The website claims to have four times the amount of working coupon codes than other deals websites like RetailMeNot, and Honey.
The site was found to have 4x the coupons in a study, which Dealspotr links to on its website.
However, it’s important to note that the study was conducted by ZipfWorks, which actually owns Dealspotr, so take from that what you will.
In its study, which you can read here, Dealspotr claims that just 24% of its codes are expired, whereas the percentage of expired codes on all other leading coupon sites and extensions is 60%.
In my experience with the site, all of the coupon codes I tried actually seemed to work. I was surprised because with many other coupon platforms you often have to try a few different codes before you find one that actually works.
Stores and brands available on Dealspotr
Dealspotr has coupons available for tons of different brands and stores. In fact, there are too many to mention here!
But, here are a few examples of some of the most popular stores featured on the site:
- Best Buy
- CVS Pharmacy
- Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Burger King
Finding and using coupons
On the website, you can find coupons in a few different ways:
1. Browse your feed
When you login to your Dealspotr account, you’ll see your feed, and this features deals.
For example, I had a coupon on my feed for 57% off a butane stove at Target. So, this is a quick and easy way to find coupons. If you’re looking for a coupon for something specific though, then this isn’t the best way to find it.
2. Check the Promo Codes Section
You can find promo codes, coupons and deals in this section. Handily enough, you can filter the coupons by things like top stores, popular stores, and categories, such as fashion, health & beauty, food & drink and department stores.
This is a good way to find deals for a particular store. You can also narrow your results by filters, like hot deals, exclusive deals and latest deals.
3. Browse the exclusives section
In this section, you’ll find promo codes, coupons, and deals that are exclusive to Dealspotr. As with the promo codes page, you can filter deals in the exclusive section.
If you’re looking for savings that you won’t find elsewhere, then you should definitely check the exclusives page.
4. Check the stores section
If you’re looking for coupon codes for a particular store, then take a look at this section. You can filter stores by Most Popular, Latest Deals or Name (A-Z).
You can also click the letters at the top of the page – so you could click on “S” and you’d get stores like Sephora and Starbucks. And, of course, you can filter deals by category here as well.
5. Search for products and stores
This is probably the easiest way to find promo codes, coupons and deals if you’re looking for something specific. Just enter the name of the product, store, or brand you want to get a discount for and you’ll see the relevant deals.
Types of codes available
What I love about Dealspotr is that it has different types of coupon codes available.
These are codes that are posted alongside a screenshot that proves it works. If you want to get a code that’s pretty much guaranteed to work, then go for the verified ones!
Sometimes, brands offer single-use promo codes to their customers, which as their name suggests, can only be used once. Members can share unused single-use codes on Dealspotr.
These are codes that you won’t find on other coupon sites. Some brands, like Uber, Grubhub (Grubhub driver review) or Postmates, give personal referral codes out, and on Dealspotr, members can share their referral codes, and the site displays them on each brand’s page.
This is another interesting feature of Dealspotr. Sometimes, you might find that Yankee, for example, doesn’t have the best deals, and you can actually find better deals at other retailers that sell Yankee candles.
So Dealspotr tracks all of the retailers that sell Yankee candles, and if it finds a retailer with a code that gives you 10% off a Yankee candle, for example, then it will show that code to you on its Yankee page.
This makes it so much easier to find great deals for the brands and items that you want.
These are sales and promotions on offer at stores that, generally, already offer the best prices for the products you want to buy, like:
You’ll find savings opportunities at the above stores in the Expert Picks section.
Dealspotr’s researchers find and update answers to questions about thousands of stores and brands, such as whether Apple offers a discount to military veterans, whether Kohl’s allows you to stack coupons or whether Walmart offers free shipping all the time.
By the way, if you shop online a lot, don’t miss our big list of online shopping hacks that will save you more money than you ever thought possible.
Dealspotr works directly with brands, who share codes with the site’s members that you won’t find on any other coupon website. That’s why it’s really worth checking Dealspotr for deals before you buy!
How much can you save?
How much you’ll save using Dealspotr depends on a lot of factors, such as the store you shop at and the item you plan to buy.
It’s common to see discount codes that get you 30% or more off!
Deals that get you a percentage off aren’t the only types of savings opportunities available on the platform either.
You can also get a dollar amount off for some deals as well.
At the time of writing, here are some examples of the deals that I found at Dealspotr:
- Save $10 Off on Orders Over $30 at Bath & Body Works
- 60% Off Canvas Prints at Canvas Press
- Free Dr. Jart+ Trial Size With $25 Purchase at Sephora (Site-Wide)
- Save 30% Off Your Purchase at Gap
- 50% Off Books at CVS
- Get up to 25% Off Pharmacy & Drugs at Walmart (Free 2-Day Shipping on Orders $35+)
- $10 Off Orders Over $50 at Walgreens (Site-Wide)
Dealspotr for Deal Editors: Sharing coupons & deals
As you can see, Dealspotr is a great place to find coupons that’ll save you money when you buy stuff online.
That’s not the only benefit to the platform though.
A huge benefit is that you can actually get paid for sharing deals.
This definitely sets Dealspotr apart from other similar platforms.
You can earn points for sharing and editing coupons, promo codes and other deals.
In this section, we’re going to cover everything you need to know about earning points by helping other shoppers to save money.
How to post a deal on Dealspotr
Anyone can become Deal Editor and post a deal on Dealspotr. For posting deals, you’ll get points.
Here’s how to post a deal:
On the dashboard of your Dealspotr account, there’s a green button on the left side of the page, which says, “Add a New Deal.”
You’ll then be able to add a new deal to the website.
Now, Dealspotr is pretty strict about what types of deals it accepts.
If you don’t adhere to the site’s guidelines, then your deal will be rejected.
Here are a few things that you can also do to ensure that your deal is accepted.
1. Add a unique deal
You can’t add a deal if another user has already added it. If you do try to add the same deal as another user, then your deal will be rejected and your Accuracy Score will go down – we discuss your accuracy score below.
2. Be careful when adding new brands to Dealspotr
Search Dealspotr’s database before adding a new brand. Don’t add a brand that’s already featured on the website.
And, when you do add a new brand, make sure the information you enter is accurate – your Accuracy Score decreases if it’s not.
3. Make the title clear and concise
You’ll have to make sure that you include a clear and concise title, which tells the reader how much the discount is, and what items it can be applied towards.
Here’s an example the site gives of a good and bad title:
- Good: “10% Off Sale Items at Brand Attic””
- Bad: “Hurry! Save 10% at Brand Attic!!”
4. Don’t add extra text
In the code field, make sure you only enter the coupon code, and avoid adding any extra text. Adding extra text causes the deal to not function properly for shoppers, and this will result in your deal being rejected.
5. Include a tip on your deal
Include a tip on how to use a code, and other helpful information. Here are the examples the site gives for good and bad tips:
- Good: “Enter the promo code during the checkout process to receive this discount. There may be some exclusions that apply to this deal.”
- Bad: “This is a great deal! Just use the code at checkout and get your discount. Don’t miss out!”
Your tip should be to the point, and shouldn’t include any promotional language.
6. Add an accurate expiration date
This is important. If you aren’t sure when the coupon expires, then just choose the default option of two weeks.
7. Disclose the following:
- Personal reference codes.
- If your deal applies to a particular brand.
- If your deal is single-use.
If you don’t disclose these things, then your Accuracy Score may be affected.
8. And, avoid the following:
- Adding affiliate links: These are not allowed on Dealspotr. Adding them negatively affects your Accuracy Score.
- Linking to other coupon websites.
- Adding codes that are exclusive to other coupon websites. These types of codes usually have a site’s name in them, such as “RETAILMENOT5” or “GROUPON1,” for example.
9. Test and verify your deal
This is important. Make sure you include a screenshot to prove that the deal works. It should show the store’s brand, the code, and the description of the discount
Following these tips will help to increase your chances of having the deal accepted.
And, when your deal is accepted, you’ll earn points!
Make sure that you read the instructions before posting a deal.
On Dealspotr, you’ll earn points for a variety of tasks, including:
- Adding deals
- Validating and editing deals
- Referring new members
What points are worth
When you reach 10,000 points, you can withdraw them for a $10 Amazon gift card.
Just for joining, I got 1,000 points.
Once you reach 10,000 points, your gift card will be sent to you via email, within 7 days. Dealspotr claims that during busy periods, you may need to allow more time for the gift card to arrive.
Now, how many points you’ll earn for posting and validating deals on Dealspotr, is determined by your Accuracy Score.
Dealspotr Accuracy Score
Every user has an Accuracy Score, and as you can guess from the name, this score reflects how accurate you are with posting and editing deals.
Your Accuracy Score directly affects how many points you’ll earn.
It also affects how many edits you can make a day.
When you first join the site, you’ll have an Accuracy Score of 0.
At this level, you can only make 3 edits, which includes deal posts and deal validations. So, for example, as a new user, if you shared one new deal, and validated two deals, then that would be your limit for the day.
The site monitors your activity, and if you provide accurate information in your deal posts and validations, then your Accuracy Score will increase.
As the score goes up, the number of points you earn for each action will increase.
So you get more points!
You’ll be able to make more edits a day, and again, earn more points too!
Basically, your Accuracy Score is the most important factor when it comes to posting and validating deals since it determines both how much you can earn and how many deals you can share.
Also, until your Accuracy Score reaches 7, you won’t be able to receive a gift card.
How to earn more points on Dealspotr
Above, we mentioned tips for getting deals accepted, which can help to improve your accuracy score.
But, here are a few more tips to earning points and gift cards.
- Post deals for a wide variety of stores, particularly stores that don’t have many deals yet.
- Post deals that are marked as “Shopper Requested,” as these earn more points.
- Keep your validations accurate, or you’ll lose points.
- Fill in both the store and manufacturer for your deal, if it’s applicable, and you’ll earn more.
- Post site-wide deals, as these earn more points, especially site-wide promo codes. However, be careful if you do check the site-wide option for a deal – make sure that you’re 100% positive that your deal does apply across the store’s/brand’s site. A lot of sites exclude the sale section from their discounts. If you incorrectly mark a deal as site-wide, it negatively affects your accuracy score.
- Keep in mind that deals that have numerous validations within the past 24 hours award fewer points when you validate them again.
- Finally, just make sure your deals are original, detailed, accurate and of course helpful. Don’t forget to include all of the fine print too, like exclusions, expiration dates, product manufacturers/brands, and helpful images, like screenshots of the codes being used successfully, or product images.
Dealspotr for Influencers
Anyone can use Dealspotr to get great deals and earn points for sharing them as well.
But, that’s not all you can do with the website.
If you have a social media following, then you could become one of the website’s influencers.
Through the Dealspotr Influencer Marketplace, influencers can work with brands and earn money!
Being an Influencer: Working with brands on Dealspotr
The marketplace was launched in late 2017, and if you’re a blogger or YouTuber, or someone with a following on a social media platform, like Instagram or Twitter, then it’s a great place to find brand collaborations.
Brands publish campaigns, and you can apply for the ones that you are interested in. Also, brands can browse influencers, and invite the ones that they’re interested in working with. Brands can view your profile, social links and stats.
You can join as an influencer here.
You will need to complete a profile and connect your social accounts. Once, you’ve don’t that, you’ll be able to start applying for campaigns straight away.
In order to become one of the site’s Influencers, you must own and operate a website and social channels that meet its minimum criteria for traffic and user engagement.
Benefits of Dealspotr for influencers
Here’s how you’ll benefit from being an influencer on Dealspotr.
- Get paid collaboration opportunities with brands in Dealspotr’s network.
- Get increased points on Dealspotr.
- Receive free products.
- Get greater visibility and exposure across Dealspotr.
- Receive exclusive discount codes to share with your followers. When you promote any brand on Dealspotr, you receive an exclusive ambassador discount code that unlocks a discount for your followers that they won’t get on other websites.
- Get access to a premier affiliate program.
- Get access to special partnership programs, like brand collaborations and promotional events.
- It’s 100% free to use.
- Get up-front payments for promoting brands. Payments are instant, with no wait period.
- Get a free listing in the Dealspotr influencer directory, in the categories of your choice. Since Dealspotr is visited by more than 1 million users per month, you get a lot of visibility in the directory.
- Network directly with emerging brands, and other influencers.
- Follow brands, and you’ll see their latest deals and receive notifications when new promotional opportunities arise.
- Get a constant stream of new promotional opportunities – so if you’re looking to work with brands consistently, then this is a good platform to check out.
Dealspotr influencer earnings
While posting and editing deals earns you points that you can redeem for gift cards, collaborating with brands gives you more opportunities to earn.
Influencers can unlock PayPal payments, meaning that gift cards aren’t the only payment option on the platform.
When you start working on a campaign, the site holds funds from the brand you’re working with in escrow until you have finalized your promotion and the brand has approved it.
Once the brand approves it, the funds are released into your account, and you can withdraw them via PayPal.
How much you’ll earn will depend, mainly, on two things:
- The brand you work with
- Your influencer score
1. The brand you work with
Brands can fund a campaign with as much or as little as they’d like to get started with. But, on its website, the company does say that $100 is a good place to start for smaller or mid-size influencers, and $500 to $1,000 is a good place to start with larger influencers.
You can register as an influencer for free, and you don’t have to pay any monthly fees or subscriptions to use the platform. The company does, however, take a 20% service fee when the brand pays you for a completed promotion.
This means that you only have to a pay a fee when you make money from the website.
2. Your influencer score
Influencer score is a measure of an influencer’s promotional reach. When you join as an Influencer, you connect your social accounts and website to the site’s APIs. Then, Dealspotr’s scoring system analyzes your historical engagement stats, prioritizing activity levels and social interactions, and then produces your Influence Score.
The fee that you earn for promoting a brand is determined by your Influencer Score.
The site doesn’t allow Influencers to post their own rates.
Other Features of Dealspotr
This is a great platform for finding deals online, getting free gift cards for sharing the deals you find, and, if you have a following, for making money too.
But, that’s not all the site has to offer…
Here are a few other useful features and things that you can do on the platform.
The site has a lot of features that make it similar to social media platforms. And, one of those features is Interests.
The platform says, “Interests are micro-communities of people looking for specific types of deals.”
Basically, Interests are topics that you can follow, such as “Electronics & Tech”, “Movies & Video,” “Restaurants”, and “Fast Food.”
Within each interest, you can find associated deals. So, in the interest section “Fast Food,” you’ll find deals for places like Pizza Hut, McDonald’s and Burger King.
Personal deal feed
When you login to your Dealspotr account, you’ll see deals from the brands and interests that you’re subscribed to. And, if you’re subscribed to other users you’ll see the deals that they repost.
Also, you can choose to get email notifications for any item from your feed and toggle those on and off from your feed. It’s a handy tool that allows you to see the deals that you’re interested in.
When you subscribe, you can also choose whether you want to see all the deals available for a brand or interest, or just the Hot/On Fire deals.
Reposting is basically like retweeting. If you see a deal on the site, you can click on the “Repost” button, and e share it with your subscribers on your feed.
Essentially, it’s a good way to share great deals with your friends, family and followers.
You can repost any deal, not just the ones that you’ve added to Dealspotr.
Is Dealspotr legitimate and worthwhile?
The site was founded in 2015, making it a much newer coupon website, compared to well-established platforms like RetailMeNot, which was founded in 2006, and Coupons.com, which was founded in 1998.
Although it may have only been around for a comparatively short time, Dealspotr has become very popular, with many great, positive reviews online.
As with any website, service, item, product, brand, company, etc., you’ll find a few negative reviews of Dealspotr online.
But, the site is legit.
Whether or not it’s worthwhile is really up to you.
Let’s take a look at a few of the site’s main pros and cons:
Let’s start with the pros:
- It’s really easy to navigate: There aren’t too many tabs on the site, so it’s easy to find what you want. You can browse stores, and follow brands as well. Plus, you can search for what you want.
- Magic codes make finding codes for specific brands simple: The Magic Codes are handy because you can find deals for the brands you want across multiple retailers.
- Amazon gift cards are available: Amazon is a popular retailer, selling a versatile range of items. So it’s a good gift card option.
- You can earn some money: If you’re already hunting down deals online anyway, you can easily make money (or free gift cards in this case) from sharing the deals you find with other users.
- Lots of working codes: The verified codes, as their name suggests, are verified as working codes by other users. So, you’ll find lots of codes that actually work on Dealspotr.
- Exclusive codes available: You’ll find lots of codes on Dealspotr that you won’t find on other websites.
Now, let’s take a look at the cons:
- Mainly the US and national deals: Most of the deals on the site are US only, so if you live elsewhere, you won’t get the savings. Most deals are for national retailers and brands too, meaning that Dealspotr is not the place to visit if you’re looking for local deals.
- There are strict guidelines on posting deals: You can only add unique deals, so it’s not uncommon to find that another user has already posted the deal that you wanted to post. If you do add the same deal as another user, then it will be rejected, and then decrease your accuracy score. It’s not always easy to add deals to the site, as it can be hard to find deals that haven’t been posted yet.
- It won’t earn you lots of money: You’re not going to make a big side income by sharing deals. However, that’s not really what these types of websites are for. It’s good for making a bit of beer money though.
Overall, Dealspotr is a good platform for finding great deals online and for sharing deals and earning some free gift cards in return.
If you’re a blogger, YouTuber, or have a following on a website like Instagram or Twitter and are interested in working with brands, Dealspotr can be a good place to start.
Completely free to use, if you’re looking to make money or save money, then you should definitely bookmark Dealspotr (and my review of it as a reference point!).