Interested in saving money and budgeting?
Who wouldn’t be, right?
Well, in this post, we’ve listed all the best free budgeting apps that save you money for Android and Apple devices.
There are a lot of reasons why you should start budgeting.
Some of the main reason include:
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get $5 Instantly!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
Smart App: Earn $15 a month just for installing their free app, plus loyalty bonus every three months! Join Smart App Now
Rakuten: Join Rakuten & Get cashback anytime you shop online! Then get paid by Check or PayPal. Join to Get $10 Free!
Pinecone Research: Get paid to test & review emerging concepts for products and services (high paying surveys) Join Pinecone Research Now!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
- It can stop you from overspending.
- It ca prevent you from dipping into savings.
- It helps you save money in the short and long term.
And these are just a few reasons why you should budget and stick to it no matter how often you get paid. There are many other reasons including the fact that budgeting actually reduces financial stress.
Some people may find making a budget and sticking to it stressful, but with the apps we list below, you’ll find it easy to get started.
Free Budgeting Apps for iOS & Android
Here are some free apps you can use to save money. Apps listed in this section work for both Android and Apple devices. Most of them are entirely free, but there are some that offer premium services which will cost money.
With that said, here are the top free budgeting apps for couples, families, singles, seniors, millennials and everyone in between.
1. Mint: Budget, Bills, Finance
This app lets you get the complete picture of your finances. They bring together all the information from your account balances, spending, credit score, net worth, and more. With this app you can:
- Track your bills and due dates
- Keep track of all your finances across all banks
- Create budgets
- Get a free credit score
- Get bill reminders so you don’t have to worry about late fees
- Sync your Mint account across multiple devices
On the Apple App Store, this app has 438 thousand ratings with averages out to 4.7 stars out of 5. On Google Play, the app has over 131 thousand ratings which averages to a little over 4 stars out of 5.
2. Money Manager Expense & Budget
This app is a:
- Finance planner
- Income reviewer
- Expense tracker
- Personal asset manager
The app has 176 thousand ratings on Google Play, which averages out to 4.5 stars out of 5. On the Apple App Store, the app has 348 ratings that averages to 4.7 out of 5.
3. Mobills Budget
Take control of your finances with this app. This budget planning app allows you to make a custom budget, track your spending, set financial goals, and set bill payment reminders. Using this app will let you stay out of debt and save money.
On the Apple App Store, there are 1.2 thousand ratings that average out to 4.7 stars out of 5. On Google Play, the app as 178 thousand ratings that averages to 4.5 stars out of 5.
4. Clarity Money – Manage Your Budget
This 100% free app uses data science and machine learning to create the perfect budget for you. Clarity Money helps you:
- Cancel unwanted monthly subscriptions
- Plan your budget and manage expenses
- Track spending
- Get started saving with automated recurring deposits
On the Apple App Store, this app is rated 4.7 by 41.9 thousand ratings. On Google Play, there are over 3 thousand ratings which averages to 4 stars out of 5.
This very popular app has many amazing features, including:
- Simple to understand interface
- Create simple lists of income and expenses
- One-tap adding and editing to budgets
- Recurring budget plans that can be used over and over again
- Choice of currency symbols to be used in more than just the US
- Passcode lock and login to keep your info safe
- Universal app that can be used across multiple devices
On the Apple App Store, the app is rated 4.8 stars out of 5 from 3.5 thousand ratings. On Google Play, there are 2 thousand ratings which average out to almost 5 stars out of 5.
6. Spendee – Budget and Expense Tracker & Planner
This is the perfect app, whether you are a single college student or budgeting for a family. It allows you to save money and prepare for the future. It gives you charts of expenses and income. All you need to do is sync the account with your bank account.
The 2 thousand ratings on the Apple App Store averages to 4.5 stars out of 5. On Google Play, the average rating of its 25 thousand reviews is 4 stars out of 5.
7. Goodbudget: Budget & Finance
Goodbudget is a money manager and expense tracker that’s great for home budget planning.
It has real-time tracking, so you can always stay on top of where your money is going. You can sync it across any device, including on the web. You can share your budget with other people so that everyone in the household can be on the same page.
On the Apple App Store, the app is rated 4.7 stars out of 5 from 9.9 thousand reviews. On Google Play, there are 18 thousand reviews that rate a little over 4 stars out of 5.
8. Spending Tracker
This is a user-friendly app that many people find useful for budgeting. Download it for free, enter your income and your expenses, and start saving money. On the Apple App Store this app as 4.7 stars out of 5 thanks to 4.5 thousand review. On the Google Play store, there are 41 thousand reviews which average out to 4.5 stars out of 5.
9. You Need A Budget App (YNAB)
YNAB, which stands for “you need a budget”, will help you break out of the cycle of living from paycheck to paycheck. On average, users save $600 in the first two months. This can equal to over than $6,000 a year.
Unfortunately, you can only use it for free for 30 days. After that, it costs $7 a month.
On the Apple App Store, the app has a rating of 4.8 stars out of 5. This is from 10.4 thousand reviews. On Google Play, the app is rated 4 stars out 5 from 4 thousand reviews.
10. PocketGuard: Personal Finance, Money & Budget
Pay bills, manage multiple accounts and stay on top of your spending habits with this app. On the Apple App Store, the app is rated 4.7 stars out of 5 stars. There are 2.6 thousand ratings. On Google Play, there are 800 reviews that average to a little over 4 stars out of 5.
11. Honeydue: Budget, Bills & Money for Couples
Honeydue is the best personal finance app for couples. Track your bills, bank balance, and spending together. Learn how to handle your spending habits together. On the Apple App Store, it’s rated 4.5 stars from 3.9 thousand ratings. On Google Play, the app only has 400 reviews but averages to almost 5 stars.
12. Money Lover: Money Manager, Budget Expense Tracker
This is an app designed millennial young professions for young professionals. Key features of the app are:
- Track expenses and incomes by categories (food, fuel, etc.).
- Set a limit on how much to spend in a category; get alerted when close to limit
- Set a savings goal
- Financial reports give you an overview of your spending, income by date or group
- Connect with bank accounts and get automatic bank feed
- Get reminded when payments are due
From the 609 ratings on the Apple App Store, this app averages to 4.5 stars out of 5. It’s much more popular on Google Play, with 141 thousand reviews that average out to almost 5 stars.
13. Monefy – Money Manager
With one click, you can balance your budget, add people to your family budget, add your newest purchases to your record, and more. It’s that easy with Monefy. On the Apple App Store, this app is rated 4.8 stars from a few hundred reviews. On Google Play, the app has 133 thousand reviews. These average out to almost 5 stars out of 5.
14. Fast Budget – Expense & Money Manager
Control your personal and family finances with this app. You can check your daily expenses, boost your savings, and look at visual reports of your spending. This app has over 73 thousand reviews combined from both Google Play and Apple. Over both platforms, it has nearly 5 stars out of 5.
15. Gimi – pocket money manager
Gimi is a pocket money app and chores manager. It was created for families to teach kids about money and personal financial management. It’s a good way to teach them in a fun and safe place where there is a little risk of messing up. On the Apple App Store, the app has 58 ratings which average out to be 3.9 stars out of 5. On Google Play, the app has 2 thousand ratings which average to a little under 4 stars out of 5.
16. Wally Next
Wally brings your financial life together so you can get smarter about your finances, plan easier, be more organized, and stay in sync with the people that matter.Wally has over 700 reviews on the Apple App Store and is rated 4.1 stars out of 5. This app isn’t recommended by Google Play users however, as it only has over 100 reviews and is rated 2 stars.
17. MoneyControl Spending Tracker
If an app isn’t user-friendly, it’s not going help you budget. That’s why this app is good for people who need a simple app to help them handle their finances. Everything is kept simple so you can focus on saving money and curbing your spending. There are over 40 reviews on the Apple App Store that average to be 4.5 stars or of 5. On Google Play, the app has almost 5 stars from over 4 thousand reviews.
18. Mvelopes Budget App
While this app is free to use for only 30 days, it’s still worth mentioning because it is a pretty high-quality app. You can keep track of all your transactions, budget your household and personal financial needs, and receive feedback on where you’ve spent your money. The app has over 2 thousand reviews of the Apple App Store, which has earned a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. On Google Play, it has 3 thousand reviews and nearly 5 stars out 5.
Free Budgeting Apps for Android
Here is a list of the best budgeting apps available on Google Play Store for Android devices.
19. Money Manager: Expense Tracker, Free Budgeting App
- Download: Money Manager for Android
This app aims to help you track finances efficiently. It’s designed to be simple, easy to use, and straightforward. Key features are:
- Income and expense tracker
- Visualized reports about your income and expenses
- Organize bills by week, month, or year, as well as by categories
- Set reminders to record your translations and pay bills
- No ads or feature restrictions
There are over 66 thousand ratings that average out to about 5 stars out of 5.
20. Monthly Budget Planner & Daily Expense Tracker
- Download: MBPDET for Android
This is a powerful app that is user-friendly, no matter who you are. Here are some of the features of the app:
- Built-in speech recognition
- Autocomplete function based on your previous entries
- Built-in calculator
- Built-in budget maker template
- Budget forecast based on previous transactions
On Google Play, the app has over 12 thousand that averages out to be about 5 stars out of 5.
21. EveryDollar: Budget Tool and Expense Tracker
- Download: EveryDollar for Android
With this app, you can create a custom monthly budget and start saving money. This app uses the zero-based budget approach, recommended by financial expert Dave Ramsey. On Google Play, the app has a little over 3 thousand ratings which average to 4 stars out of 5.
22. Wallet – Finance Tracker and Budget Planner
- Download: Wallet for Android
On this app you can save money, plan your budget, and track your spending. When you use the app, you get reports about your finances that will help you stay on track. On the Google Play store, the app has over 100 thousand ratings that averages out to almost 5 stars out of 5.
23. Income vs Expenses – budget & finance manager
- Download: Income vs Expenses for Android
This simple to use app allows you to compare your expenses to your income. It’s fast and easy to use, only taking a few minutes a day to balance your budget. The app has over 9 thousand reviews on Google Play, which is rated 4.7 stars out of 5.
- Download: EasyBudget for Android
If you are looking for an easy-to-use, no-frills budgeting app, then this one is great for you. It’s got 3 thousand reviews on Google Play and averages out to almost 5 stars out of 5.
25. Personal Capital -Budgeting, Investing, Finance App
- Download: Personal Capital for Android
This is an award-winning personal financial software that helps you track and manage your finances. The app consults financial planners to help you prepare a good budget. On Google Play, the app has over 9 thousand reviews, which averages to be almost 5 stars out of 5.
26. Prism Pay Bills, Money Tracker, Personal Finance
- Download: Prism for Android
Prism helps you never miss a bill payment again. You get reminders, see your income, all your account balances, monthly expenses, and more. The app has over 19 thousand ratings that is almost 5 stars out of 5.
27. Truebill Budget Planner, Bill Tracker, and Reminder
- Download: Truebill for Android
Truebill is a personal finance tracker, budget planner, and bill reminder app. The budget planner and bill reminder keep track so you don’t have to. This app has a little over 4 stars from one thousand ratings.
28. Bluecoins Finance: Budget, Money & Expense Manager
- Download: Bluecoins Finance for Android
Bluecoins is an app for expense tracking and budgeting. It’s a simple app but still powerful and easy to navigate. Even better, this app also works with Google Pay and PayPal! There are 12 thousand ratings that average to be almost 5 stars.
29. 1Money – expense tracker, money manager, budget
- Download: 1Mony for Android
This app aims to show you exactly where your money is going. You can track your spending on the go. There are 24 thousand reviews of the app, rewarding it with almost 5 stars out of 5.
30. NerdWallet: Credit Score, Budgeting & Finance
- Download: NerdWallet for Android
Maximize credit card rewards, extra cash back, track your credit score, and make a budget with this app. There are over 3 thousand reviews on Google Play that averages out to almost 5 stars out of 5.
31. Bills Reminder, Payments & Expense Manager App
- Download: Bills Reminder for Android
This app is all about keeping on track with your bills. You’ll never get a late fee again if you use this app. It’s a 5 star out of 5 on Google Play, which was averaged from over 9 thousand reviews.
Free Budgeting Apps for iPhone
These are the absolute best free apps for budgeting available in the Apple App Store for iPhone, iPad and other iOS devices.
32. Budgeting Buddy
- Download: Budgeting Buddy for iOS
This app lets you maintain monthly and daily budgets. It’s free and has lots of features. They also have a premium version, but the free version is still very useful. On the free app you can:
- Check your monthly budget
- See all transactions from whatever date you choose
- Set currency
- Add daily expenses
Out of 552 reviews on the Apple App Store, this app has a rating of 4.7 stars out of 5.
33. Daily Budget Original
- Download: Daily Budget Original for iOS
If you are worried about connecting an app to a bank, you don’t have to worry about this one. The data just stays on your advice and doesn’t need to connect to your bank account. Features of the app are:
- Daily budget calculation
- Saving plans
- Basic categories for expenses
- Backed up data
The app is rated 4.7 stars out of 5 from 3 thousand reviews on the Apple App Store.
34. MoneyStats – Budget Planner
- Download: MoneyStats for iOS
With this app, you have full control of your finances. You can create financial overviews, track your money, and manage your expenses. Features of this app are:
- manage your money and your bank accounts
- categorize expenditures
- discover new ways to save money
- manage your finances on different devices
- automatically group your transactions
- create recurring inputs and outputs
- import from external data sources such as CSV
On the Apple App Store, there are 55 reviews that average out to 4.5 stars out of 5.
35. Budget Wiz
- Download: Budget Wiz for iOS
Keep your money managed and unspent with this app. Keep track of your income, expenses, and more, as well as get visual reports of your finances. The app syncs with iCloud so you can use it across multiple devices. It’s rated 4.1 stars out of 5 from over 30 ratings.
36. Expense Manager, Money Tracker
- Download: EMMT for iOS
Money management is always complicated. It doesn’t have to be with this app. It’s a very simple to use app that lets you know what you are spending your money on. Your financial wellness depends very much on how well organized you are with your spendings but it also helps if you are keeping an eye close to your incomes and family budget. On the Apple App Store, the app has over one hundred reviews that are rated 4.6 stars out of 5.
37. Pocket Expense 6
- Download: Pocket Expense 6 for iOS
This app brings all your financial accounts together so you can keep track of them all in one place. You can categorize your transactions, track your bills, set budgets, and achieve saving goals with Pocket Expense. There are over 1 thousand ratings on the Apple App Store that average out to 4.4 stars out of 5.
38. Expense Keep – Monthly Spending Tracker
- Download: Expense Keep for iOS
Expense Keep is the simplest and quickest way to track your expenses. It will save you money and improve your financial health. The app is rated 4.3 stars out of 5 from over 1 thousand reviews.
Hopefully, after checking out these free budgeting apps, you’ll have found the perfect one for your needs.
Are there any budgeting apps that you use? Have you used any of these apps before? Let us and our readers know about your experiences in the comments below.