How much do you pay every time you rent a movie (online, on demand, Netflix…)?
We already shared a few ways you can get discounted and cheap movie tickets.
But how about paying $0 for a movie rental?
With Redbox promo codes and coupons!
Join InboxDollars for free. InboxDollars pays you to watch videos, search, shop, take surveys, and more. They have paid out $57 Million so far!
What is a Redbox Code?
If you’re a movie lover I’m sure you’ve heard of RedBox and their movie rental kiosks.
You may have even seen those red boxes in front of your local stores like Walgreens or inside fast food restaurants like McDonald’s.
Redbox offers DVDs, Blu-rays, and video game rentals through 42,000 automated retail kiosks at more than 34,000 locations.
In order to promote its rental kiosks, Redbox offers a wide range of discount codes. Using these codes you can discount or even free rentals.
Today’ we’re going to show you a few ways you can get Redbox promo codes that actually work.
But we’re also going to give you a bunch of current free Redbox codes that you can use instantly to get free movies.
How Free Redbox Codes Work
Using these promo codes is incredibly easy.
Here is how:
- First, find a local Redbox kiosk.
- Visit the kiosk and enter the coupon code from the main screen or just before you checkout.
- After you’ve entered the code, you’ll get a free one-day rental.
If you decide to keep the rental for more than a day, you’ll be charged one dollar per day.
8 Simple ways to get Redbox promo codes
Getting Redbox codes is relatively simple – you just need to know where to look.
Here are some of the most effective ways for getting codes for free rentals.
1. Install the Redbox app
They have a free app that you can download for both Android and Apple devices.
Once you install the app, you start to receive exclusive deals, promos and discount codes that you can use to either get free rentals or take a certain percentage off.
The app does a few things besides giving you special discount codes.
It also enables you to order and pick up movies right away, watch movie trailers and more.
You can get the app through these links:
Join SmartPanel & SavvyConnect and share your experince on how you use the internet. They pay you $5 for installing their free app & $5 a month just for keeping it, plus loyalty bonus! .
2. Get a free Redbox code when you reserve online
Did you know you can get a free Redbox promo codes for online reservations?
You just need to be willing to pay for your first rental.
Here is how to get your online reservation promo code:
- First, create a free account by visiting redbox.com/register
- Then, reserve your first movie rental online.
- Once you reserve your rental, visit the nearest kiosk and pick up your movie.
- When you return the rental, the company will apply a free credit to your account, which you can use to get your next rental for free.
3. Check for specific promo codes for local Redbox locations
Simply keeping an eye out next time you’re at a local grocery store, convenience store or restaurant could garner you some free Codes.
Often, the venue where the kiosk is located will offer codes for free rentals.
So, next time you’re at a place with a Redbox kiosk, look out for codes on signs, receipts, and flyers.
4. Use code sharing sites
Did you know that one of the easiest ways to find codes is to look on code sharing websites?
You can use one code per credit/debit card – remember you still need to use your credit card in case you decide to keep the movie for more than one night.
Of course, if you have more than one code, then you can use the same code multiple times.
5. Register for Play Pass
If you use the little red kiosk frequently, then joining the Play Pass program can be highly beneficial.
Through this reward program, you’ll be given a free rental on your birthday, and on your Play Pass anniversary.
But, that’s not all…
With the Play Pass program, you also earn points for every item you rent. When you reach 100 points, you’ll receive a credit for a free Blu-ray or DVD rental.
It’s easy to sign up to the program and the benefits are definitely worth it, especially if you plan on renting a lot of movies.
6. Become a Redbox Text Club member
If you don’t mind getting a few text messages from Redbox, then sign up for the Redbox Text Club.
Members of this club get one free movie rental every month, as well as news about special offers and member-only freebies.
7. Follow on Facebook
By simply becoming a fan of Redbox on Facebook, you can get access to a wide range of free codes, as well as other deals and discounts.
The company frequently gives out free codes for a night’s rental on its Facebook page. So make sure that you like their Facebook page, and keep an eye on your news feed for codes.
8. Sign up for Redbox email newsletter
Did you know that you could get a free DVD rental simply by signing up for their email newsletter?
It’s true. If you sign up to the Redbox newsletter and confirm your email address after you sign up, you’ll receive a code.
You can then redeem this code for a free, 1-day DVD rental.
If you don’t mind getting a few emails, then it’s a super simple way to get a free movie.
21 (Current) Free Redbox promo codes that work
All of the above methods are great ways to get codes for RedBox.
But, to make things even easier, we’ve listed a few codes below that you can use to get free rentals right away.
- H99976F2: This code will give you a FREE 1-day DVD rental – just make sure that you use it online or through the app.
- FREEBIE: If you text the word FREEBIE to 727272 you’ll receive a coupon.
- PUSH: Again, if you text the word PUSH to 727272, you will get your hands on a free one-night rental.
- APPNOW: Another deal you can get by texting 727272 is a free rental when you reserve via the Redbox App. All you need to do is text the word APPNOW.
- MOVIENIGHT: Text in the keyword MOVIENIGHT and you’ll get access to a rent one, get one free offer. So, if you rent one movie, you’ll get a second one for free. You can get a code by texting this once per week.
- MOVIE TIME: If you text in the keyword MOVIE TIME, then you can get a free movie rental once per week.
- REDBOX: If you’re a new customer, then text the word to 727272 and you’ll receive a free rental.
- DVDATWAG: If your local kiosk is located in a Walgreens, then try the code DVDATWAG. This will give you a free rental. This is an older code, so it might not work for everyone, but it’s definitely worth a try.
- REDBOXHEB: Using the promo code REDBOXHEB, you can get a free rental at some HEB Kiosk locations.
- DVDATMAC: Use the code DVDATMAC at McDonald’s Redbox locations for a free rental. This might not work at all locations, but it’s definitely worth trying.
- DVDKROG: Use the promo code DVDKROG to get a free rental at some Kroger stores. Alternatively, try the code DVDATKROGER.
- DVDATWEG: Use this code at Wegman’s grocery stores to get a free movie. Keep in mind that not all locations will accept the code, but you can at least try the code.
- MOVIE: By simply texting the word MOVIE to 727272, you’ll get free movie rental.
- DRIVEIN: Use the code DRIVEIN at Sonic Redbox locations to get a free rental. This code might not work at all locations, but give it a go anyway. Alternatively, try the code DVDATSONI.
- DVDNIGHT: Use the code DVDNIGHT to get a free DVD rental.
- RENTONME: Another code you can use to get a free DVD rental is RENTONME.
- BREAKROOM: To get a free rental, use the code BREAKROOM. This code doesn’t always work, but occasionally it does, so give it a try.
- WALGREENS: Using the code WALGREENS, you can get a free rental at Walgreen’s Redbox locations. You can also try the code BREAKDOWN.
- DVDONME: DVDONME is a code that new customers can use at certain locations to get a free rental.
- GAMEKIDS: If you text the code GAMEKIDS to 727272 you get a free 1-day video game rental.
- EMAIL: If you text the word email to 727272 and then respond to the message you get with your email address, then you can get a free DVD rental. The code for the rental will be sent to your email address. You have two weeks to use the code after you receive it.
With these codes and the methods we shared that you can use to get even more, you can get more than 1 or 2 free movies or game rentals from Redbox.
Free is always good!
But do remember to return your rental by 9pm the following day.
If you do not return the movie in time, then you’ll be charged $1 per day for each day that you keep it.
To use these Redbox codes, all you need to do is visit one of those red kiosks, select the rental you want, push the Add Promo Code button, enter the code, swipe your card then collect your free rental.
Keep in mind that even when you get a free rental, Redbox still takes $1 for the rental, but once you return it, they refund your money.