How much did you sell your last used phone for?
You think you sold it for the best or at least a good price?
But that’s OK, we’re going to show you how to get the most cash for your used and even broken phones next time.
You see, we spend a lot of money on our smartphones and phone services as a whole.
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get $5 Instantly!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
Smart App: Earn $15 a month just for installing their free app, plus loyalty bonus every three months! Join Smart App Now
Daily Goodie Box: Want free stuff? DGB will send you a box of free goodies (Free Shipping - No Credit Card). Get your box now!
Branded Surveys: This survey panel pays you $1 just for signing up today & they pay via PayPal within 48 hours! Join Branded Surveys
According to data compiled by ABI Research and The Wall Street Journal, the average price of an iPhone is around $687 and Android around $254.
That’s a lot of money to just ignore when it’s time to upgrade to a new version.
Thankfully, there are many online and offline stores that will buy your used cell phones and other used electronics.
But here is the problem…
How do you find out which one gives you top dollar for your phone?
That’s how you find the best places for selling your used phone.
Don’t have time to spend hours on the internet trying to find whether your should sell it online on phone buy back sites, on Craigslist, or maybe even your local pawnshop?
We did the work for you.
Below, we’ve put together a list of the best websites, stores and apps where you can trade your old phone for cold hard cash.
And who doesn’t want more of that?
So whether you’re looking to sell your old phone to get money to put towards a new model or have a phone that you just don’t use anymore, check out the places below!
Best Sites to Sell Your Phones Directly to
First, we’re going to start with websites that buy phones directly.
Some of these websites actually accept broken phones – really!
That’s even better since you make money from something you’d otherwise throw out, essentially getting cash for your trash!
But I think the best thing about using these sites is that they make it super easy to get cash for your old phone.
The whole thing can be done in 4 steps:
- You describe your phone (NAM, model, color, etc.)
- Accept the offers given by the site.
- Receive a prepaid shipping label and ship your phone to the company.
- Get paid once they receive it.
Here are a few of the best sites that buy phones directly from you:
1. BuyBack Boss
- Official website: https://buybackboss.com
BuybackBoss.com is a great place to not only sell your phone but also other devices. You can even sell your laptop and used books on the site.
They offer personalized customer service and will even text you to check-in and make sure the shipping process is going smoothly.
On top of this, they offer a Price Match Guarantee. They will match the price of any online buyback competitor, guaranteed. Their A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau and 9.6 rating on Trust Pilot makes these guys our top pick.
To get a quote follow these steps:
- Go to BuybackBoss.com
- Answer a few simple questions to identify your device.
- Accept the quote.
- Once accepted, they provide a pre-paid shipping label to cover your shipping 100%.
Payment options are PayPal or Check. You can choose how you want to get paid.
You get paid within 2 business days of the company receiving your device.
- Official website: https://www.gazelle.com
Gazelle does really make it easy to sell your old phone fast.
- Visit the website.
- Find your device.
- And get an offer. If the offer suits you, then you can accept it.
- Once you’ve accepted an offer, ship your phone to Gazelle. This is free to do for items that are worth more than a dollar.
Gazelle pays via PayPal or check.
Alternatively, you can opt to receive your cash on an Amazon Gift Card.
3. It’s Worth More
- Official website: https://www.itsworthmore.com
Another platform you might want to check out is It’s Worth More.
With this platform, you can sell your phone for cash.
- Visit the website.
- Find your phone type.
- And then get an instant quote.
The website buys a variety of phones, including both Apple and Android devices.
Once you’ve got a quote, you can ship your item to the company. This is free to do.
The website pays via PayPal or check.
- Official website: http://www.buybackworld.com/
Do you have an iPhone you’re looking to sell?
If so, check out BuyBackWorld. It’s a website where you can sell your phone.
- Visit the website.
- Search for the device you want to sell.
- And then receive an instant quote.
The website accepts a huge range of tech items. In fact, it features more than 30,000 products.
But, if for some reason you can’t find the particular phone you’re interested in selling, then you can submit a custom quote to the website.
- Official website: https://www.maxback.com/
MaxBack is another site that buys all kinds of phones no matter the brand.
Some of the phones they accept include:
It’s a really easy to navigate website that makes the process of trading your phone for cash simple.
You can even sell your laptop, tablet and smart watch here.
To sell your phone to the company just:
- Visit the website and the select the type of phone you want to sell. Choose from options like “Sell Apple iPhones”, “Sell Samsung Phones” or “Sell Cell Phones”.
- Then, you’ll be presented with a list of different models. Select yours, choose the carrier you’re with or select “unlocked”.
- Then you’ll get a list of phones. Choose yours and then you’ll be taken to a page with a list of offers.
- Select the condition your phone is in and then select the offer you’re interested in.
Three days after the company receives your phone, it will pay you.
Payments are made via PayPal or by check.
- Official website: http://www.decluttr.com/sell-my-cell-phone/
Decluttr is another place you might want to use.
Why, you ask?
Well, with it, you can sell your phone fast.
You don’t even have to list it!
All you need to do is:
- Visit Decluttr and get an offer for your phone.
- If you like the offer, then accept it.
- Ship your item to Decluttr – it’s free to do!
Once Decluttr receives your item, they inspect it. They do this to ensure that the description you gave during the valuation process matches the item.
If your item is approved, Decluttr pays you via direct deposit or check.
Check out our full Decluttr review for more information.
- Official website: https://www.itemcycle.com
Looking for a website that makes selling your phone easy?
Itemcycle is a great place to start.
Itemcycle only accepts Apple devices. So if you have a Samsung phone or any other non-Apple phone, then skip this site and go for one of the other ones on this list.
Here’s how selling your phone to the company works:
- Find your phone on the website and answer a couple of questions.
- You’ll get an instant offer from the website.
- Ship your phone to Itemcycle. It’s free to do, and the company provides you with shipping label.
- Once Itemcyle receives your device, it verifies your order and sends payment via PayPal or check.
- Official website: https://sellbroke.com/
“Where can I sell my broken phone for cash?”
If that question describes your situation, you’re in luck!
SellBroke will buy your phone even it’s broken.
The company accepts all sorts of phones from iPhones to Samsung devices.
And, if your phone has a damaged screen or is damaged or broken in any other way, then SellBroke might still buy it from you.
It’s great to get cash for something you no longer need, isn’t it?
Here’s how selling on SellBroke works:
- Just find your phone on the website, and select it.
- Then state what condition your phone is in.
- You’ll get a quote and if it’s okay with you, then you can accept it.
- SellBroke sends you a prepaid UPS shipping label – so you don’t have to pay to send your phone to the company.
Once the company has received your phone, it will review it to determine its condition.
If its condition matches the one you chose when you generated your quote, then the company will accept it.
Then, you receive payment via check or PayPal.
- Official website: https://gizmogul.com/
Whether your phone is working or damaged, you can sell it to GizMogul within minutes.
- Find your device on the website.
- Send the device to GizMogul. Shipping is free!
- And get paid. You can receive payment by PayPal or check.
10. Gadget Salvation
- Official website: https://www.gadgetsalvation.com/
Through Gadget Salvation, you can not only sell your cell phone but also other electronics for cash.
Here’s how it works:
- Visit the website and search for the type of phone you want to sell.
- Provide a few details about your phone and fill out the checkout form.
- Ship your phone to Gadget Salvation. This is free to do, as it sends you a prepaid shipping label.
Once Gadget Salvation receives your device and has inspected it, it will issue you payment.
You are paid via, PayPal, Venmo, Chase QuickPay or check.
It’s great that the website gives you so many payment options. It means you can choose the one that best suits you.
- Official website: https://www.yourenew.com/
Another platform you should check out is YouRenew.
Just use the search bar on the homepage to generate a quote.
Shipping is free for “orders with value”, according to YouRenew.
You get paid via check.
It’s great that you’re getting paid, but being paid by check is a little annoying. It takes so long to get the money compared to PayPal.
So if you’re not in a hurry, then this could be a good option for you.
But if you’re looking to sell your phone for cash fast, then opt for another platform.
12. The Whiz Cells
- Official website: https://www.thewhizcells.com
The Whiz Cells is a really easy to use website.
To sell your phone on there, simply:
- Find your phone on the website. You can select the “sell your iPhone” option on the homepage. Or visit this page to see a list of all cell phone brands the website buys.
- Answer a few questions about your device.
- Then you’ll get a cash offer.
- If you accept it, The Whiz Cells will email you a free shipping label. Ship your phone to the company.
- Once the company receives your phone it will evaluate it. If it matches the description you gave earlier, then you get paid.
What’s great about Whiz Cells is that it offers three different payment options:
Usually, you get payment with 72 hours after the company has received your phone.
- Official website: https://rephones.com/
Another good smartphone buyback company is RePhones.
The company specializes in Samsung Galaxy devices and iPhones.
It’s a great place to sell your phone.
Well, in just three easy steps, you can cash in and get paid fast.
- Find your phone model on the website.
- Enter the condition of your phone and then you’ll get an offer.
- If you want to accept the offer, then create a buyback order. This is valid for 30 days from the date of the order.
- Send in your phone. This is free to do. You can either receive a printable prepaid shipping label via email or ask for a shipping kit to be sent to your mailbox. This takes around two to three days to arrive.
- RePhones will then inspect your phone. If it matches the description you gave, then you get paid.
What’s great about RePhones is that it sends payment pretty quickly.
If you choose to get paid via PayPal, then you get payment within 24 to 48 hours after your phone is approved.
You can also choose to get paid by check. But this takes a little longer. The check is issued quickly – 24 to 48 hours after your phone is approved – but it takes three to four days to arrive in the mail.
14. Fair Trade Cellular
- Official website: http://www.fairtradecellular.com/index.html
Another great buyback company that offers free shipping and quick payments is Fair Trade Cellular.
It’s really easy to sell your phone to the company. At the moment, the company only buys phones through uSell.
We discuss uSell more below.
So make sure you check out that section for more information.
15. Cellular Returns
- Official website: http://cellularreturns.com/
Another good website that buys used cell phones is Cellular Returns.
To sell your phone to Cellular Returns just:
- Visit the website and get a quote.
- If you like the quote, then ship your device to the company. It’s free to do. Cellular Returns gives you a pre-paid shipping label.
- Get paid.
The company pays via PayPal or check.
16. Buy Back Cell
- Official website: http://buybackcell.com/
If you’re wondering “where can I sell my phone for a good price?”, then checkout Buy Back Cell.
With this website, you can sell your cell phone quickly and easily. And get a great price for it too!
Simply visit the website to get a quote.
It’s free to ship your device to the company.
And, you get paid via PayPal or check.
17. We Buy Mobile
- Official website: http://www.webuymobile.com/
We Buy Mobile another good buyback company.
Selling your phone to the company is easy.
- Visit the website and find your device here.
- Rate the condition of your phone from four different choices.
- Ship your phone to the company. It pays for shipping.
- After We Buy Mobile gets your phone it will inspect it to see if it is how you described it.
- The company issues payment within 24 hours of receiving your phone.
We Buy Mobile pays quickly, which is great.
And, you can choose to receive payment through PayPal or check.
Where Can I Sell My Phone for a Good Price?
If you’re wondering, “where can I sell my phone for the most cash?” then you should definitely check out the websites above.
They make the process of getting cash for your phone super simple!
And quick and profitable too!
But, there’s one problem…
You want to get the best price for your phone. But searching through sites yourself to find the best offer can be tedious.
This is where the sites below are useful.
Below, we’ve listed a couple of great price comparison tools that can help you to get the most cash for your phone.
- Official website: https://www.sellcell.com/
Selling your phone to one of the sites above is an easy way to make some cash.
But here’s the kicker:
You don’t always know if you’re getting the best price.
You might sell it to one website only to realize that another website offers $40 more for the same phone.
This is so frustrating!
But searching for offers from a bunch of different sites can be time-consuming.
That’s why SellCell is such a useful tool.
It’s a price comparison website.
Using it, you can get offers from dozens of different websites, within seconds.
You can then compare them to see which one offers the best price.
Here’s how it works:
- Visit the website and on the homepage, enter your phone model, like iPhone 6 for example.
- Hit search and then view the offers available.
- SellCell will give you offers from a plethora of different trade-in places.
- When you see an offer you like, click on the “Sell Now” button. This can be found on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Then, you’ll be redirected to the website where you can sell your phone.
According to SellCell, more than 2 million phones, worth more than $250 million have been sold through the site since 2008.
- Official website: https://www.usell.com/
uSell is another website, like SellCell that compares offers on cell phones.
So if you want to make sure that you get the best price, then it’s definitely worth visiting.
It’s a reputable company that’s been featured by well-known media outlets, like NBC, Forbes, and CBS.
With this website, you can view offers from a multitude of companies that buy cell phones.
- Visit the homepage and click on “Sell iPhone” or “Sell Any Phone”, as applicable.
- Select your phone brand, model, and carrier, if required.
- Choose the particular cell phone that you plan to sell.
- Get an offer
- Ship your phone. It’s free to do.
- Get paid by PayPal or check.
20. Sell My Cell Phones
- Official website: https://www.sellmycellphones.com/
Sell My Cell Phones is one of the oldest and most reputable cell phone selling price comparison websites out there.
It has a pretty impressive 9.1 rating on Trust Pilot.
It’s really easy to use. You can compare prices on offer for your phone on platforms, like GizMogul and Decluttr.
Here’s how to use it:
- Enter the name of your cell phone into the search box on the homepage.
- Select your phone to view the latest prices on offer.
- Select your phone’s condition.
- Click “Sell Now” on the offer you’re interested in.
Places that Buy Phones for Cash Near Me
Wondering, “where can I sell my phone in store?” or “who buys used cell phones near me?“?
The internet is a great resource for making cash from your stuff.
And of course your old phone!
But if you’re looking to sell your phone, then the Internet is certainly not your only option.
There are plenty of places offline as well.
- Official website: https://www.ecoatm.com/
If you’re wondering about selling your phone at a kiosk, EcoATM is your buyer in kiosk!
It has EcoATM kiosks all over the country. And you need to visit one of these kiosks and trade your phone there.
Here’s how it works:
- Find a sell your phone kiosk. EcoATM has them in a variety of locations. Visit this page to find one near you.
- When you visit a kiosk, just place your phone into it. The kiosk examines your phone, and searches for the best price on offer.
- The kiosk will then show offers. If the offer it gives you is okay with you, then you can accept it. And you get paid instantly in cash.
So, if you’re wondering “where can I sell my phone for cash today?” then EcoATM is probably your best option.
You can get cash for your phone instantly.
Places Where You Can Set Your Own Price
Now, selling your phone to a website directly, like those we mentioned above is great. It’s fast and it’s simple. But, you don’t get to set your own price.
This is where the websites below come in handy.
Below, we’ve compiled a group of websites that allow you to list your phone for sale.
You choose the price you want to sell your phone for, create your listing and then wait for your phone to sell.
- Official website: https://glyde.com
One of the best places to sell your phone is on Glyde.
It’s a highly reputable platform that’s been featured by well-known media outlets, like The New York Times or CNN.
Aside from phones, you can also sell:
- Video games.
What’s great about Glyde is that you can also sell your broken phone too!
With Glyde, you find the item you want to sell on the site and then list it.
It’s free to list an item on there.
If someone buys your item, Glyde provides you with a free shipping kit that includes a pre-paid shipping label.
So you don’t have to worry about shipping fees.
Three days after your phone is delivered to the buyer, your payment is deposited into your account.
- Official website: https://www.ebid.net
Another platform you might want to take a look at is eBid.
It’s sort of like eBay.
You list your phone on the platform and potential customers can view it.
What’s great about eBid is that it’s totally free to list your phone on there.
But, there is a commission rate of up to 3% charged for some sales.
- Official website: https://www.ebay.com
eBay, the original buy and sell platform.
You have to pay a small fee to list an item on eBay. Plus, you also have to pay a commission when your phone sells. This is usually around 10%.
Sure the fees on eBay can be high compared to other platforms, but it’s a super popular website.
So it gets a lot of visitors.
This means that you get your phone out there in front of tons of potential buyers.
- Official website: https://offerup.com/
Are you wondering, “where can I sell my phone near me?”
If so, you might want to check out OfferUp.
It’s an app that allows you to sell a wide range of items, including cell phones.
What’s great about the app is that it’s focused on local sales.
That’s why it’s a good option if you want to sell your phone nearby.
With this app, you don’t have to worry about shipping fees, which is always a plus!
It’s super easy to list an item on there.
- Download the app. You can get it for iOS devices here and for Android devices here.
- Take a photo of your phone.
- Upload the photo, along with an asking price and title.
What’s great about OfferUp is that it doesn’t charge any fees for listing your phone on there.
None at all!
So you can set your own price and you don’t have to worry about the app taking a cut of your profits.
The platform is super simple to navigate. It looks more like a social media platform, like Instagram, than it does like eBay.
For tips on how best to use the app, check out our detailed OfferUp review.
- Official website: http://www.ioffer.com/
iOffer is a website where you can list a plethora of items, including cell phones, for sale.
What’s great about iOffer is that it’s free to list your phone on there.
But it does charge a fee for sales.
You can find out more about fees on iOffer here.
- Official website: https://us.letgo.com/en
LetGo is another platform you should check out if you want to sell your phone locally.
Focused on local sales, LetGo is another platform allowing you to sell a plethora of items to people in your area. So you don’t have to worry about shipping fees.
With it, you can list your cell phone for sale.
You can set the price you want. And creating a listing is quick and easy.
What’s great about LetGo is that it doesn’t charge any fees!
This is so beneficial. It means that you keep 100% of the profits!
It also has an app:
If you want to know more about this app, then check out our LetGo review.
Places You Can Trade Your Phone for Store Credit
Above, we’ve listed a ton of resources where you can sell your cell phone for cash.
But, the companies and websites above aren’t your only options.
There are several well-known retailers that you could sell your phone to that we didn’t include above.
We didn’t include them above simply because they don’t offer cash for your phone.
Instead, these retailers offer store credit that can be used in their respective stores.
So if you shop at one of these retailers often, then it’s certainly worth trading your phone for store credit with them.
Here are a few retailers that will give you store credit when you sell your phone to them:
- Official website: https://www.gamestop.com/
GameStop, as its name suggests, buys video games and consoles.
But that’s not all.
It also buys other tech items, including phones.
The company has several brick and mortar locations where you can trade your items for cash.
To find out more about the trading program and to find a store near you, check out our post on GameStop Trade In program.
GameStop doesn’t pay cash. Like Amazon, it offers store credit.
29. Amazon Trade-In
- Official website: https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Trade-In/b?ie=UTF8&node=9187220011
If you have an old phone you no longer want, then check out Amazon Trade-In.
It’s best for gently used items.
You can often get a pretty good price for old tech items on there.
The only problem is, you get paid in Amazon credit, rather than your typical cash. But, since Amazon is such a popular retailer and you can get pretty much anything on there, this is still a great deal.
Of course if you’re looking for cold hard cash, then you’ll want to skip this one and sell your phone elsewhere.
30. Walmart Trade-In
- Official website: https://walmart.cexchange.com/
Walmart Trade-In, also known as Walmart Gadgets to Gift Card is a program that allows you to trade your old tech items, like your cell phone.
Trading your phone is easy:
- Search for your device on the website.
- Answer a few questions about your phone.
- Get an offer and accept it, if it’s good enough for you.
- Ship your items to Walmart. Walmart provides you with a shipping label, so it doesn’t cost you a cent to send your items to the company.
Once Walmart receives your item, it will be evaluated. Then you get paid.
Walmart doesn’t pay cash. Instead, it offers store credit.
31. Target Trade-In
- Official website: https://targettrade-in.com/
How would you like some extra cash to spend next time you’re at Target?
With the Target Trade-in program, you can sell your phone for store credit at Target.
Just get a quote from the Target website, and then ship your phone to the company.
As Target provides you with a pre-paid shipping label, it doesn’t cost you anything to ship to them.
Again, like Amazon and Walmart, Target doesn’t pay cash for your phone. But, if you shop at Target often, then the store credit is pretty handy.
Selling Your Old Phone on Craigslist
- Official website: https://www.craigslist.org
Making money with Craigslist is one of the most under rated opportunities.
And when it comes to selling used stuff, including smartphones, Craigslist delivers again.
You don’t have to worry about shipping fees when you sell through Craigslist since deals are locally focused.
And, the best part…
It’s free to list stuff on Craigslist.
So if you want a hassle-free sale that doesn’t involve shipping your phone, then consider selling through Craigslist.
Just be very careful. There are a lot of scammer targeting Craigslist users. Make sure you do your research and always remember, if somebody is offering you way too much for your old phone, be very skeptic. After all, if it’s too good to be true, it probably isn’t true!
How Much is Your Phone Worth?
Well, it really depends on a couple of factors, like the:
- Type of phone you have.
- The condition of your device.
- The company you choose to sell your phone to.
Here are a few examples of what buyback websites and companies offer:
- iPhone 6 64GB (AT&T) in Good condition: $240.00 at Buy Back Sell.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920P 32GB (Sprint) in Good condition: $60 at Gazelle.
- Lumia 950 XL (Unlocked), used (with defects) with visible physical damage: $60 at Buy Back Sell.
- iPhone 5S 32GB T-Mobile, with no noticeable flaws (looks brand new): $71 at We Buy Mobile.
- iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB (Unlocked) in good condition and fully functional with power cable/adapter: $341 at ItsWorthMore.
Of course, when you put your phone up for sale on a website that allows you to list stuff, like eBay, OfferUp or Glyde, then you can set your own prices.
With all this websites, apps and stores that will pay you cash, you’d be crazy to let your old phone gather dust in a drawer somewhere.
You could earn yourself anywhere from $50 to hundreds of dollars for your phone.
It’s great to get cash for something you no longer need!
You can put it towards a new phone, spend the money on something else or even put it into your savings.
So if you have a phone you no longer want, consider selling it!