There are more than 8,000 Family Dollar stores in all states aside from Hawaii and Alaska.
You can get some great bargains and save money at Family Dollar, so, many of us shop there. But, does Family Dollar take Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a mobile payment service by Apple Inc. It enables users to make payments in person, in iOS apps, and on the web. It’s supported on the iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and Mac. So, it’s a digital wallet and payment system that allows you to pay for your purchases online and in-store (including many gas stations), using an iOS device.
Apple Pay replaces physical cards and cash with an easier, safer, and more secure and private payment method, as you don’t have to share your credit card or debit card information with the retailer when you’re using it.
If you like using Apple Pay, then you’ll want to know what stores actually take it as a payment method. Some retailers like Chipotle and Target accept Apple Pay, and others like Dollar General and and Walmart don’t accept Apple Pay as a payment method.
In today’s post, I’ll cover whether or not Family Dollar accepts Apple Pay, and how to use it in-store!
KashKick: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours by PayPal! Join Branded Surveys
First Opinion: Get paid up to $10 per survey and $300 per virtual focus groups! Join Now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $10 instantly!
What will I learn?
Does Family Dollar take Apple Pay?
All Family Dollar stores take Apple Pay. You can use your iOS device, such as your iPhone or Apple Watch, to pay for your purchases at Family Dollar.
The company has confirmed this on Twitter and on Facebook, saying in a post on Twitter, “All of our registers are equipped with Tap to Pay with Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay, and Google Pay for a touch-free shopping experience.”
Make sure you read the rest of the post to learn more about using Apple Pay at Family Dollar stores.
How to set up Apple Pay
It’s really simple to set up Apple Pay and then you can use it to pay for stuff.
Simply add your credit or debit card to the Wallet app on your iPhone. You can even get all of your card’s rewards and benefits too! This means that you won’t miss out on any points or miles.
You can use Apple Pay on multiple devices.
You can only use Apple Pay on iOS devices such as:
- Apple Watch
In order to use Apple Pay, you will need:
- A compatible device that has the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or watchOS.
- A supported card from a participating card issuer
- An Apple ID signed into iCloud.
So, to use Apple Pay at Family Dollar, you will need to add a card to Apple Pay.
Here’s how you can do this on your device.
Here’s how you can add a card for Apple Pay on your iPhone:
- Open the Wallet app.
- Tap the “Add” button.
- Tap “Debit Card” or “Credit Card.”
- Tap “Continue.” Then follow the steps on the screen to add a new card. If prompted, then select your bank or card issuer from the list or find them using the search bar.
- Next, you will need to verify your information with your bank or card issuer. They might ask you to provide additional information or to download an app before approving your card for use with Apple Pay.
- If you have a paired Apple Watch, you also get the option to add the card to your watch.
Here’s how you can add a card for Apple Pay on your Apple Watch:
- Open the Wallet app on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll down and tap “Add Card.”
- Tap “Debit Card” or “Credit Card” to add a new card.
- Tap “Continue.” Then follow the steps on the screen to enter your card information and add your card.
- You may have to verify your information with your bank or card issuer using the Apple Watch app on your paired iPhone. They might ask you to provide additional information or to download an app before approving your card for use with Apple Pay.
You can also add a card for Apple Pay with the Apple Watch app on your iPhone:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your paired iPhone.
- Next, tap “Wallet & Apple Pay” in the My Watch tab.
- Tap “Add Card.”
- Tap “Debit Card” or “Credit Card” to add a new card.
- Tap “Continue,” and then follow the steps on the screen to add your card.
- You may need to verify your information with the bank or card issuer. They might ask you to provide additional information or to download an app before approving your card for use with Apple Pay.
Here’s how you can add a card to your Apple Pay on your iPad:
- Open Wallet setting on your iPad. Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap “Add Card,” and follow the steps on the screen to add a card.
- You may need to verify your information with your bank or card issuer. They might ask for more information.
Once you have added your card, you’ll be able to use Apple Pay at your local Family Dollar store!
How to Use Apple Pay at Family Dollar
If you’ve used Apple Pay before, then you will know that it’s a super convenient way to pay for your purchases. You don’t have to worry about remembering your cards or worry about writing checks. You just need your Apple device, and you can pay for your purchases at Family Dollar quickly and easily!
Once you’ve picked up everything you need from your local Family Dollar store, and you are at the checkout, you will be able to use your Apple Pay to pay for your purchase. You can use Apple Pay at any retailer that accepts contactless payment.
So, here’s how you can use Apple Pay at Family Dollar:
- On your device, open the Apple Wallet app.
- Then, double press the side button.
- Once you’ve done that, you will need to verify your identity using your face ID, Touch ID, or password.
- Place the device on the contactless payment symbol.
- When you see the checkmark and the word “Done,” then the payment is complete.
What Payment Methods Does Family Dollar Accept?
Besides Apple Pay, Family Dollar accepts a variety of different contactless payment methods. All of its registers are equipped with Tap to Pay with Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
You can also pay with cash, debit cards, and all of the major credit cards.
Family Dollar is a convenient place to shop for a lot of us. They also have a lot of great deals on everyday necessities. And the fact that Family Dollar does take Apple Pay makes it even better for those of us who like both brands!PDA