There are 7,890 Dollar Tree stores in the United States, and many of us shop at our local store thanks to its low prices on a wide variety of products. This includes products from national and regional brands.
It’s easy to save money at Dollar Tree. You’ll find products across multiple departments at Dollar Tree, including housewares, glassware, dinnerware, cleaning supplies, candy, snacks, food, health and beauty, toys, gifts, gift bags and wrap, party supplies, stationery, craft supplies, teaching supplies, books, seasonal décor, and much more.
But, if you enjoy using digital payment wallets, the question you’ll be asking is, “Does Dollar Tree take Apple pay?”
Mobile payments are used by more than 2 billion people globally, and Apple Pay is the most popular mobile payment service in the United States. Although it is incredibly popular, not all retailers accept Apple Pay.
In today’s post, I’ll cover whether or not Dollar Tree takes Apple Pay and how you can set it up and use it in-store.
What will I learn?
Does Dollar Tree Take Apple Pay?
Dollar Tree accepts Apple Pay at most of its stores. The company confirmed this on Twitter in 2020, stating, “Most registers are now equipped with contactless payment through Tap to Pay with Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.”
KashKick: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
Panel Payday: Earn up to $75 per survey. They also pay up to $50/hr for mystery shopping. Join Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours by PayPal! Join Branded Surveys
iPsos iSay:: If you have to only sign up for one paid survey site, go with Ipsos (high paying survyes)! Join iPsos Now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $5 instantly!
You can’t use Apple Pay online at DollarTree.com though. This means if you want to pay for purchases using Apple Pay, you can only do so in-store.
How to set up Apple Pay
Setting up Apple Pay is pretty simple. Just add your credit card or debit card to the Wallet app on your iPhone. When you have your cards added, you can even get all of your card’s rewards and benefits as well, so you don’t have to worry about missing out on any points or miles.
You can use Apple Pay on multiple iOS devices, like:
- Apple Watch
In order to use Apple Pay, you will need:
- A compatible device that has the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or watchOS.
- A supported card from a participating card issuer.
- An Apple ID signed into iCloud.
So, if you want to use Apple Pay at your local Dollar Tree store, then you will need to add a card to Apple Pay.
Here’s how you can do this on your device:
Here’s how you can add a card for Apple Pay on your iPhone:
- Open the Wallet app.
- Tap the “Add” button.
- Tap “Debit Card” or “Credit Card.”
- Tap “Continue.” Next, you’ll need to follow the steps on the screen to add a new card. Then, then select your bank or card issuer from the list or find them using the search bar, if prompted.
- Next, you will need to verify your information with your bank or card issuer. They might ask you to provide additional information or to download an app before approving your card for use with Apple Pay.
- If you have a paired Apple Watch, you also get the option to add the card to your watch.
Here’s how you can add a card for Apple Pay on your Apple Watch:
- On your Apple Watch, open the Wallet app.
- Scroll down and tap “Add Card.”
- Tap “Debit Card” or “Credit Card” to add a new card.
- Tap “Continue.” Next, you’ll need to follow the steps on screen to enter your card information and add your card.
- You may have to verify your information with your bank or card issuer using the Apple Watch app on your paired iPhone. They might ask you to provide additional information, or to download an app before approving your card for use with Apple Pay.
You can also add a card for Apple Pay with the Apple Watch app on your iPhone:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your paired iPhone.
- Then, you’ll need to tap “Wallet & Apple Pay” in the My Watch tab.
- Next, tap “Add Card.”
- Tap “Debit Card” or “Credit Card” to add a new card.
- Tap “Continue,” and then follow the steps on the screen to add your card.
- You may need to verify your information with the bank or card issuer. They might ask you to provide additional information or to download an app before approving your card for use with Apple Pay.
Here’s how you can add a card to your Apple Pay on your iPad:
- Open Wallet settings on your iPad. Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap “Add Card,” and follow the steps on the screen to add a card.
- You may need to verify your information with your bank or card issuer. They might ask for more information.
When you have added your card, you’ll be able to use Apple Pay at your local Dollar Tree store.
How to Use Apple Pay at Dollar Tree
Using Apple Pay is such a quick and convenient way to pay for things. You don’t have to worry about remembering to take your cards to the store with you or about writing checks. All you need is your Apple device and you’re good-to-go! After you have picked up everything you need in-store, and you’re at the checkout, you’ll be able to use Apple Pay to pay for your purchase.
Here’s how you can use Apple Pay at Dollar Tree:
- Open the Apple Wallet app on your device.
- Then, double press the side button.
- After you’ve done that, you will need to verify your identity using your face ID, touch ID, or password.
- Place the device on the contactless payment symbol.
- When you see the checkmark and the word “Done,” then the payment is complete.
It’s really easy!
What Form of Payment Does Dollar Tree Take?
Dollar Tree accepts a variety of payment methods in-store, such as most major credit and debit cards, like MasterCard, American Express, Visa, and Discover, as well as EBT (SNAP). You can also use Apple Pay to pay in-store.
You’re unable to use Apple Pay online though.
Here are the payment methods that Dollar Tree takes online:
- American Express
- PayPal credit
So, if you’re looking to use a digital payment service, then it’s good to know that PayPal is a payment option that you can use on DollarTree.com.
What Stores Accept Apple Pay?
Fortunately, there are a lot of stores that do take it as a payment method, which is super convenient, right?
Here are some more retailers that take Apple Pay:
- Acme Markets
- Best Buy
- Family Dollar
- Food Maxx
- Save Mart
- Shop N Save
- Trader Joe’s
- White Castle
- Whole Foods Market
You can use Apple Pay in stores that have the contactless payment symbol or the Apple Pay symbol.
There’s a really easy way to find retailers near you, like dollar stores and grocery stores, that accept Apple Pay. Just search for “Apple Pay” in Maps. This enables you to see nearby stores that take Apple Pay.
- Open up Maps on your iPhone.
- Next, enter the type of store you’re interested in, like “dollar store nearby,” “grocery store nearby” or “supermarket nearby,” into the search bar.
- A list of stores will appear. Select the store you want.
- Tap “Useful to Know.” This will give you details on whether Apple Pay is accepted at that particular store or not.
Dollar Tree accepts Apple Pay at most of its stores. It’s a good idea to call your local store to check that it does accept Apple Pay at that particular location. While many Dollar Tree stores take Apple Pay, you cannot use it to pay for purchases online at Dollar Tree. You can use PayPal on DollarTree.com though.
Hopefully, this post helps you out if you’ve wanted to know, “Does Dollar Tree take Apple Pay?”