Crave Chipotle and want to pay with Apple Pay but not sure if Chipotle accepts Apple Pay?
If you love and crave Mexican food (I sure do), few restaurants, especially fast food restaurants come as close as providing authentic burritos, bowls, tacos, quesadillas, and other Mexican food as Chipotle Mexican Grill. With more than 3,000 locations in the US, there is a Chipotle restaurant in just about any place in America.
But can you use your Apple Pay at any of them?
You’ll be happy to know Chipotle takes Apple Pay, but there is some fine print you want to know.
For those unfamiliar with Apple Pay, it’s a digital wallet and payment system from Apple. With Apple Pay, you can pay for purchases online and in-store, using an iOS device, such as an iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
When using Apple Pay, you don’t have to share your credit card or debit card information with the retailer. This makes for a secure and private payment method. Digital wallets like Apple Pay and Google Pay have become pretty popular and many places including restaurants and even gas stations take Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Panel Payday: Earn up to $75 per survey. They also pay up to $50/hr for mystery shopping. Join Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
Opinion OutPost: Want fun & high paying surveys? This is the survey site for it! Join Opinion Outpost!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours by PayPal! Join Branded Surveys
Toluna: Earn PayPal, Amazon & Tango e-vouchers for taking surveys (& product testing!). Join & get 500 bonus!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $5 instantly!
What will I learn?
Does Chipotle take Apple Pay?
Short answer: Chipotle takes Apple Pay in-store and through the app. Chipotle began accepting Apple Pay in its restaurants in 2020 and through its mobile app a few years before that.
For more information on how to set up Apple Pay and how to use it at Chipotle, make sure you read the rest of the post.
How to Set Up Apple Pay
Apple Pay is pretty easy to set up.
Just add your credit card or debit card to the Wallet app on your iPhone. You’ll still be able to get all of your card’s rewards and benefits. So, you won’t miss out on any points or miles.
You can use Apple Pay on multiple devices.
You can only use Apple Pay on iOS devices such as:
- Apple Watch
If you don’t have an iOS device, you won’t be able to pay with Apple Pay. However, you can still use your phone to pay at Chipotle by using Google Pay instead.
To use Apple Pay, you will need:
- A compatible device with the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or watchOS.
- A supported card from a participating card issuer
- An Apple ID signed into iCloud.
To use Apple Pay at Chipotle, or any other retailer that accepts Apple Pay, you will need to add a card to Apple Pay.
Here’s how you can do this on multiple devices.
Here’s how you can add a card for Apple Pay on your iPhone:
- Open the Wallet app.
- Tap the “Add” button.
- Tap “Debit Card” or “Credit Card.”
- Tap “Continue.” Then follow the steps on the screen to add a new card. If prompted, then select your bank or card issuer from the list or find them using the search bar.
- Verify your information with your bank or card issuer. They might ask you to provide additional information or to download an app before approving your card for use with Apple Pay.
- If you have a paired Apple Watch, you also get the option to add the card to your watch.
Here’s how you can add a card for Apple Pay on your Apple Watch:
- On your Apple Watch open the Wallet app.
- Scroll down and tap “Add Card.”
- Tap “Debit Card” or “Credit Card” to add a new card.
- Tap “Continue.” Then follow the steps on the screen to enter your card information and add your card.
- You may have to verify your information with your bank or card issuer using the Apple Watch app on your paired iPhone. They might ask you to provide additional information or to download an app before approving your card for use with Apple Pay.
You can also add a card for Apple Pay with the Apple Watch app on your iPhone:
- On your paired iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
- Then, in the My Watch tab, tap “Wallet & Apple Pay.”
- Tap “Add Card.”
- Tap “Debit Card” or “Credit Card” to add a new card.
- Tap “Continue,” and then follow the steps on the screen to add your card.
- You may need to verify your information with the bank or card issuer. They might ask you to provide additional information or to download an app before approving your card for use with Apple Pay.
Here’s how you can add a card to your Apple Pay on your iPad:
- On your iPad, open Wallet settings. Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap “Add Card,” and follow the steps on the screen to add a card.
- You may need to verify your information with your bank or card issuer. They might ask for more information.
After you have added your card, you will be able to use Apple Pay at Chipotle.
How to Use Apple Pay at Chipotle
Chipotle accepts Apple Pay in-store and in the app.
Below, I’ll cover how you can use Apple Pay in-store and in the Chipotle app.
How to use Apple Pay In-Store
Here’s how you can use Apple Pay in-store:
- On your device, open the Apple Wallet app.
- Double press the side button.
- Verify your identity using your face ID, Touch ID, or password.
- Place the device on the contactless payment symbol.
- When you see the checkmark and the word “Done,” then the payment is complete.
How to use Apple Pay in the Chipotle App
Here’s how you can use Apple Pay in the Chipotle app:
- Open the Chipotle app and sign in if you have an account. If you sign up for an account, you can earn and redeem Chipotle offers with your orders.
- Select “Pickup or Delivery” from the top of the screen.
- Choose the food you want to order and add it to your cart.
- Go to the Shopping Cart and review your items. Then, click “Continue to Payment.”
- Choose your pickup or delivery time, enter your information, and then choose “Buy with Apple Pay” as your payment method. Apple Pay and Android Pay should be listed as payment options.
Then, simply enjoy your Mexican food!
What Other Forms of Payment Does Chipotle Accept?
Chipotle offers alternative payment options including:
- Digital wallets like Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Credit cards from brands like American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.
- Debit cards
- Prepaid cards
- Chipotle gift cards
While not every restaurant accepts Apple Pay currently, more and more places are starting to offer Apple Pay as a payment option.
Thankfully, Chipotle has been ahead of the pack in this regard. So just to wrap things up and answer the question of “Does Chipotle take Apple Pay?”, yes, Chipotle Mexican Grill takes Apple Pay. You can use it to pay for food in any of their stores or online via the official Chipotle app.