Trying to find a job?
In the age of smartphone sand gig economy, making money without a job is much easier, but some of us still like the security of a 9 to 5.
You may not have thought to use your phone while searching for new employment, but the job apps we’ve listed below will help you get hired much faster than through an old newspaper would.
Keep reading if you want to find out what the best job apps are for both iOS and Android.
Job growth in 2019 has averaged 165,000 per month, compared to 223,000 per month in 2018, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Job opportunities are decreasing, which means that people seeking employment need to expand the ways in which they search for jobs.
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get $5 Instantly!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
Smart App: Earn $15 a month just for installing their free app, plus loyalty bonus every three months! Join Smart App Now
Daily Goodie Box: Want free stuff? DGB will send you a box of free goodies (Free Shipping - No Credit Card). Get your box now!
Branded Surveys: This survey panel pays you $1 just for signing up today & they pay via PayPal within 48 hours! Join Branded Surveys
That’s why using apps can be extremely helpful. With the apps we’ve listed before, you can apply for jobs on the go wherever you are, get alerts for new jobs and gigs in your area as soon as they are uploaded, and much more.
Best Job Apps for iOS and Android
The little bit of effort it takes to download these apps can put you miles above others looking for employment, as you’ll be ready to apply much faster than them.
Check out the apps below to get started and get hired!
LinkedIn is a social network for job seekers, professionals, and businesses. Unlike Facebook, you’ll find business contacts, connect with job recruiters, and build an online resume that businesses in your area can easily see.
Some features of the app are:
- Easy job searches that can be done on the go and can cater to whatever needs you specify
- Job alerts that will let you know when a job that fits your specific needs is available or if a company you like is hiring
- Ability to easily apply to millions of jobs with your resume all within the app
- News alerts catered to whatever industries you are interested in
- Send messages to job recruiters and get alerted when your contacts reply
- A “Find Nearby” ability and QR code scanner that lets you connect with people right from the moment you meet them
If you’ve been searching for jobs online, then you’ve probably heard of Glassdoor. It’s one of the most popular job search sites. However, you might not know that they have an excellent app you can use to help you get hired faster.
Features of the app include:
- Job searching tools that can be as broad or specific as you want
- Ability to see company salaries, benefits, and more for the job you are interested in
- Employee reviews to help you know what working at a company is like
- The Know Your Worth tool that helps you figure out what salary you deserve
- Research averages for base salaries, bonuses, and more in your field
- Instant notifications when a job that would work for you is available
- Ability to save jobs or apply directly from your phone
- Read reviews from applicants about the interview experience
Monster lets you search through millions of jobs with just a simple swipe.
With this app you can:
- Upload your resume
- Apply search filters so you can find the perfect job
- Instant job application process
Find jobs with the popular company Indeed, which on average has over 16 million job offers available to its users.
You can find jobs near you using your GPS, apply with one click or personalize a letter to a potential employer, and much more.
Hirewire is a location-based app that allows job seekers from the service industry to connect with employers and schedule in-person interviews on-demand.
On this app you can:
- create a profile within minutes and see who is hiring near you
- View employer profiles and chat with them
- Schedule interviews, create video intros, and more
This app has thousands of jobs in fields like administration, office services, commercial, light industrial, and more. Once you get a job, you can see your work schedule, talk to Express, log work hours, and submit timesheets all within the app.
Features of the app are:
- Results customized to your skills and requirements
- One-touch job application
- Map of jobs in your area
- Watch list for jobs you are interested in
- Notifications of positions and job details
This is a free job finding, career-building app that can help you find jobs, apply easily, and get career advice from experts.
You also get to take an employee personality quiz that will be provided to employers you apply too. This can help expedite the interviewing process and make you stand out from other applicants.
This is the first-ever app to use augmented reality for job searching. That’s right, all you need to do is hold up your phone and you can actually see all the posting around you.
Other features of the app are:
- Find out what skills you need for a better job within your career
- See the local and national salary ranges for your job
- Discover new titles that could be a promotion from your current position
- Use the map view or augmented reality to see jobs postings in your proximity
This app has hundreds of job boards to make your search easier. You can search through them in seconds for whatever type of job you like, request jobs to be emailed to you every day, apply from your phone instantly, and much more.
Best of all? This app will notify you when your resume has been viewed.
10. Good&Co: Culture Fit Jobs
This app is all about its career quiz. The idea behind it is that you’ll have more success in a career if you fit in with the culture of the business. Therefore, you can take their career assessment and quizzes that will help you find the perfect job.
Features of the app include:
- Job results based on personality fit
- Hidden strength reveals through analysis of personality quizzes
- Cultural fit AI to pick the best jobs for you
- An Instant job application process
11. Simply Hired
Available on: iOS
This app is all about keeping these simple. You want a job, they have opportunities: it doesn’t need to be any harder than that.
The key features for this app are:
- Access to a massive list of full-time, part-time, and hourly jobs
- Filter by date and relevance so you can find the newest job offers out there
- See open positions for popular professions like Sales, HR, Nursing, and more
- Sign up for job alerts to get new offers sent to your email
Whether you are looking for a new career or just trying to make some extra money on the side, this app can help you out.
Not only does this app offer jobs, but it also provides an income tracker to help you keep watch over your finances. The app lets you filter extra income opportunities that meet your financial needs, your availability and your skillset.
This is a job app meant for freelancers who need to fill up their work schedule. You can get access to thousands of people in need of freelancers who can write, make music, edit videos, draw, and more.
Features of the app include:
- Notifications to keep you on track with your jobs
- Access to a growing network of business needing new talent
- Exposure to many businesses who can become regular clients of yours
- Ability to receive more orders than if you marketed offline or on other sites
This app gives you the ability to find jobs that match your skills and qualifications. You can accept a job with a simple swipe, then you’ll be able to get started. This is good for people who are looking for temp work or want to make extra money on the side of their normal job.
15. Job Search by Workpop
This simple and unique app is all about getting you a job as soon as possible.
You can find jobs in:
- Food and beverage industry
- Professional services
- Customer service
16. WayUp Jobs
Available on: iOS
This final app is very good for college students and recent graduates looking for jobs. All the jobs and internships here are specifically for young people who need to get a start in life.
Features of this app are:
- Get notified when employers invite you to apply
- Search for any job or internship by whatever specifics you set
- Get details about benefits, perks, and company culture
- Apply with one click
How to Find Work at Home Jobs
If you like the idea of working from home and all the comforts and benefits that comes with it, you may wanna look for companies that hire people to work from home. There are plenty of them, including big companies like Amazon, Apple and Google.
We have a few posts with lists of such companies and links to the application pages that you may find interesting.
- 150 Best Legitimate Work from Home Jobs Hiring Now: Read it now!
- 90 Legit Work at Home Jobs for Moms: Read it now!
- 40 Best International Work from Home Jobs: Read it now!
- 95 Legit Online Jobs for Housewives: Read it now!
After reading this article, you should have a ton of resources at your fingertips to find a job wherever you are. These free job apps can help you get a career much faster than other methods. And you can look for your dream job from anywhere and at anytime.
Are there are any apps you like to use to look for jobs? Have you used any of these job search apps before? Let us and our readers know about your experiences in the comments below.