In this Shopkick app review, we’ll show you how to save money on the products you already buy as well as get rewarded for doing something as simple as walking into a store!
If you are someone who does the majority of the shopping in your household, you probably have noticed that most products have suffered from increased prices over the past few years.
Wouldn’t it be nice to get some of that money you spend back?
Who wouldn’t want to earn cashback for everything they buy, right?
How about earning back $1,200 just for going out shopping?
Join InboxDollars for free. InboxDollars pays you to watch videos, search, shop, take surveys, and more. They have paid out $57 Million so far!
One woman earned that just by using the app for two years, according to Penny Hoarder. While that may sound too good to be true, it’s actually quite easy and legitimate to do.
What is Shopkick?
Shopkick is a shopping app that basically rewards you for doing various tasks while shopping that you already normally do.
You can earn kicks for shopping, scanning items, or simply just walking into a store.
After you earn enough kicks, you can redeem them for gift cards or PayPal cash credit.
They are partnered with numerous popular companies.
Here are some of the Shopkick stores you can visit to earn kicks:
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Best Buy
- TJ Maxx
Shopkick has been featured on Forbes, Time Magazine, The New York Times, and any other media outlets. If you would like to see a more in-depth view of the company, you can check out the Shopkick Crunchbase.
The company has apps available for both iOS and Android devices (links below).
How Do I Join?
Joining is simple if you follow these steps:
- Step 1: Download the app (iOS – Android) for whichever device you want it in.
- Step 2: Create your account and verify your email address and phone number.
- Step 3: Complete a task that will earn you some kicks.
- Step 4: Save up your kicks, redeem them for rewards, and enjoy!
It really is as simple as that!
How to Use Shopkick
The app, like most other reward and cashback apps, has a very simple system. You earn points, also known as kicks, for completing various tasks.
There are many ways to earn kicks on the app, and some of them don’t even require you to spend money.
Some of these methods are known as hidden kicks, which means that they simply are low effort and don’t cost you money. A hidden kick would be something simple, like walking into a store.
Here are the eight ways to earn rewards:
- Walk into stores: You can earn kicks at the entrance when you walk into partnered stores.
- Scan barcodes of products: Certain products in stores will get you rewards if you scan the barcode.
- Purchase with linked cards: If you link your debit or credit card to the app, you’ll automatically get points for shopping at partnered stores when you use that card.
- Purchase and scan your receipt: After a purchase, scan your receipt to earn points on various products they award points for.
- Visit online stores: You can earn points by simply clicking on a site that’s partnered with Shopkick.
- View online products: Check for special online offers available on the app and earn points just by tapping them. No purchase necessary!
- Make online purchases: You’ll earn points for every dollar you spend on partnered sites when you visit them through Shopkick.
- Watch videos: Earn kicks when you watch videos in the app.
Another way you can earn points is through the referral program. Earning referral money is a great way to make more money not only with this app but any other app or site that offers referral bonuses.
The company allows you to earn up to 25,000 kicks from invites, which is the equivalent to inviting 100 friends.
Join Opinion Outpost. It is a fun panel with a lot of interesting surveys. And it rewards you well!
When your friends use your friend code, they will earn 250 extra kicks after completing one task.
When you open the Shopkick app, look for the Invite tab. Every user has their own unique invite link and invite code. Share them with your friends by tapping on the “Invite friends” button.
Getting your rewards
After earning your points, you can then cash out for a gift card or for PayPal credit. Most Shopkickers get their first gift card in a week after using the program.
Popular gift cards you can find on the site are:
- American Eagle
- Feeding America
- Old Navy
Most rewards follow this breakdown:
- $2 = 500 kicks
- $5 = 1250 kicks
- $10 = 2500 kicks
- $15 = 3750 kicks
- $25 = 6250 kicks
Always check to make sure, however, because some gift cards may require more or fewer kicks, depending on what they are.
The delivery method for each reward is located in the reward’s description when you redeem. Some rewards become available instantly through the app. Others may need to be emailed to you. Very few will be mailed physically to you. When selecting a reward to redeem, it will tell you with the method of delivery it will take.
To find your rewards, tap on your kicks total at the top of the main feed. This will take you to the Kicks Center. From there you can tap into “My Rewards” to see everything you’ve redeemed and can use.
Getting the PayPal crash credit is a little bit more difficult.
Follow these steps to redeem your kicks into cash:
- Step 1: Go to the Kicks Center and under the Reward Options, click PayPal reward. Then tap Redeem Kicks.
- Step 2: Verify your phone number if you haven’t already done so. If you have done that, then you will simply be asked to verify the email address associated with your PayPal account.
- Step 3: Before your kicks are spent, you will be prompted one more time to confirm that you want to use your kicks to get a PayPal cash credit.
- Step 4: Check for a confirmation email that the PayPal cash credit was put into your PayPal account. This may take a few business days to complete.
Enjoy your cash credit reward!
Better Business Bureau Rating
According to the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Shopkick as an A+ rating. This is the highest rating a business can get with BBB. This rating was determined by how long it has been in business, how many complaints were made against the company, how those complaints were handled, and how the company handles legal issues.
On the site, there are seventeen customer reviews which average out to be three stars out a five. The company has had 69 complaints lodged against it. Shopkick has responded to nearly every single one of these complaints.
Shopkick Customer Reviews
Before joining a new program, it is important to see what other people have experienced with it. Here’s what a few users have had to say about Shopkick.
“I make about $10 per month. I have kids that are old enough to get the scans while I’m grocery shopping so that helps. I usually cash out every $10 and buy a true target gift card with it. I stick them all in an envelope and pull them out to use for Christmas shopping. I won’t go out of my way to get kicks but if I’m somewhere they offer them, we will usually grab them,” said one Reddit reviewer.
“I love Shopkick and have been using it since 2013. I earned 128,598 lifetime kicks or roughly $514, almost none of that being from purchases, just walk-ins as scans,” said another Reddit reviewer.
“Shopkick is a pretty steady app, but a ‘kinda’ mid-slow earner. I’ve had it for about 3 years, and even though each year the points on scanning decrease a little it’s still a dependable shopping app. This is what I try to do to maximize points: Some grocery stores are placed by strip malls, so if I’m going to more than one, I’ll stop in briefly at stores on the way that might have high walk-in points. Malls, in general, are great places to pick up points. I know some morning exercise walkers that do ‘mall laps’ and grab points after their work out with walk-in kicks,” said one Reddit reviewer.
On the Apple App Store, there are over forty thousand ratings about the app, which average to be 4.7 stars out of five.
On Google Play, the app has over two hundred thousand reviews, which averages to a little over 4 stars out of five.
In the end, there’s really no harm in using this app. Even if you just want to do the bare minimum, you can still make a decent amount of money back just by visiting shops. If you have a large family you shop for, this app could be extremely useful.
Hopefully, this Shopkick app review has been helpful for you. Are there any money saving apps you like to use when shopping? Have you used Shopkick yourself?
Let us and our readers know about your experiences in the comments below.