Want free Disney Movie Rewards points?
You’ve come to the right place.
What will I learn?
How Disney Movie Rewards works?
The Disney Movie Rewards program is basically a customer loyalty program which rewards you for doing certain Disney related things.
All you have to do is collect Magic Codes and enter them into your DMR account to collect points.
You’ll find codes inside eligible Disney DVDs, Blu-Ray and music.
KashKick: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
Panel Payday: Earn up to $75 per survey. They also pay up to $50/hr for mystery shopping. Join Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours by PayPal! Join Branded Surveys
First Opinion: Wanna get paid for every single survey (+ high paying online focus groups) with cash or direct deposit? This is for you! Join Now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $5 instantly!
You can even earn them by submitting eligible theater stubs online or by linking your Fandango movie account to your rewards account.
The best part is that you can cash in your points at any time.
What can you redeem your points for?
There are actually a whole bunch of prizes that you can redeem your points for.
- Coupons and discounts
- Gift cards
- Printables and activities
- Blu-ray & DVD
- Disney Experiences
- Theater tickets
- Toys and games
You can also score free points online!
Unfortunately, you can not use these points for Disney Movie Club (review here) purchases.
How to pad your account with free points
There are several legit ways to nab free points toward the Disney rewards you’re dying for.
There are also several not-so-legit ways.
Here’s a quick rundown:
1. Take Disney Movie Rewards surveys
As a DMR member, you may have an opportunity to participate in member surveys from time to time.
- Just log into your rewards account at disneymovierewards.go.com.
- Click “My DMR” and then “Surveys” to see what’s available.
- Select a survey.
- Take a few minutes to answer several, mostly yes or no questions.
- Click submit.
These work the same as other legit online survey panels, only they pay in rewards points rather than cash.
If you’re like me and enjoy a simple survey or two from time to time, these are definitely going to be worth your while.
Currently, there are two available:
Each is worth 10 points.
Both are a great way to jumpstart your points balance or add extra points toward the rewards you love.
2. Play the Disney Movie Rewards Challenge
These are not for the faint of heart (or for casual Disney fans). But they’re still fun and really, there’s no consequence for doing badly. You only stand to benefit.
New games are posted on the first and third Mondays of every month.
The top three highest scorers earn 50 free rewards points, but you can get 5 points just for playing.
You can play the same game multiple times, but you can only earn the rewards for each game once.
Here’s how to get started:
- Log into your DMR account.
- Click on “Earn Points” and then “Disney Trivia.”
- Round 1: In the first round, you’ll answer a handful of multiple choice questions about anything and everything Disney (movies, cartoons, music, behind the scenes, etc.). Answer quickly – more points are rewarded for speed.
- Round 2: A second, bonus round involves a couple of questions with multiple answers scrolling below. More than one answer may be correct. Click any and all correct answers to raise or lower your final score.
Play both games in a month to earn at least 10 points.
If you’re good, you could win up to 100 points!
3. Follow DMR on social media
Like most companies, Disney also offers perks to its social media followers.
You can follow DMR on:
for possible opportunities to earn free points.
Around holidays and special events, the company may offer exclusive opportunities to fans and followers.
Make sure you not only follow the DMR page, but also set it so you’ll never miss a post.
- Log into your account and search “Disney Movie Rewards.”
- Click on the page (the official, verified page will have a blue check next to its name) and make sure you’ve “liked” the page (under the page’s cover photo).
- Go a step further by hovering over “Following,” which is the default setting for pages you like, and change the page to “See First” in your newsfeed. This will guarantee you always see DMR posts at the top of your feed.
- If you want notifications, select “on” under notifications in the same tab. New posts from the Disney Movie Rewards page will show up in your notifications with the rest of your friends and family’s most important updates.
You can set notifications for DMR tweets as well.
- Log into your Twitter account.
- Search “Disney Movie Rewards” and click on the verified, official account, marked with a blue checkmark.
- Under the cover photo, to the right of the page, click “Follow.”
- To set notifications on your mobile device, click on the three vertical dots next to “Follow” and select “Turn on mobile notifications.”
4. Sign up for the Disney Movie Rewards newsletter
DMR sends newsletters to members on a monthly basis and at occasional other points throughout the year.
There’s no need to sign up. You already opted in for newsletters when you registered for your rewards account, as long as you didn’t purposely uncheck the box that allows DMR to send you free offers or updates.
To find new codes, do this:
- Login to your email and look for the newsletter email.
- Scroll down and look for the mystery point icon, which looks like a star with a question mark on it.
- If you see one, click on it before the expiration date and follow the directions.
Each mystery point opportunity can be worth up to 10 free points – but that depends on you.
Mystery points are unique – while some members may score 10, you may only score 3 from the same email.
Don’t forget to log in to your DMR account and check “My Messages” under “My DMR” for newsletters and messages you may have missed in your inbox.
A quick note
This is the last of the “official” ways to collect free DMR points.
Please be aware that the program’s fine print says reward codes are strictly non-transferable.
Proceed to steps 5-7 with caution, as some may result in the breaking of your member terms and conditions.
5. Take advantage of free codes on Reddit
There are a lot of places online that claim to have free Disney Movie Rewards codes available.
The majority we’ve found are inactive, but if you’re lucky, you might find one or two that work for you.
The best place I found is Reddit.
There are multiple subreddits on Reddit for DMR members.
One of the best ones is:
Most posts are about buying/selling/trading codes. From time to time, though, users will put free codes up for grabs.
You don’t have to have a Reddit account to grab rewards codes that are posted directly to the forums.
However, some members will post that they have codes, then ask people to message them privately to retrieve them.
- To message members privately for codes or participate in threads and conversations, you must sign up or be logged into Reddit.
- Once you’re logged in, you can subscribe to any subreddit on the topic and comment on any thread you like.
- To privately message a member, hover over/click their username.
By the way, Reddit is an awesome place for not only finding these codes, but for all sorts of money saving/making stuff. Redditors share tons of great ways to make money, save money, get freebies and more. I’d highly recommend you either sign up for a free account or just bookmark the site and check it often.
You can also subscribe to specific subreddits so you can see new posts. There are subreddits for almost anything you can think of – saving money, making money, freebies, rewards, etc.
6. Search on coupon sites
Coupon sites like RetailMeNot.com and couponchief.com aggregate Magic Codes into a single, convenient location.
These sites are cool because they take a lot of the work out of finding codes online.
- Just go to the coupon site of your choice.
- Type “Disney Movie Rewards” into the search bar and hit enter.
- To try the codes, click to copy or copy/paste them, one at a time, into the DMR site.
When you try codes, you will typically either see the points load to your account, or you will see a reason why the code doesn’t work.
RetailMeNot codes can be sorted across the top of the page by popularity, newest and ending soon.
You don’t have to be logged in to access the codes, but you do if you want to favorite and follow the DMR topic.
Once signed up, you can even contribute codes yourself.
To add DMR as a favorite, click “Add Favorite” below the Disney Movie Rewards icon in the top left corner of the page.
CouponChief works very similarly to RetailMeNot, but it actually notes whether there are any active codes on the site currently. This is such is a time saver versus the trial and error method of copy/pasting the codes into the DMR site individually.
At the time of writing this post, there were no active codes on either site. Still, check back often for updates.
7. Scour the blogosphere for free Magic Codes
Various bloggers have covered this topic over the years and have claimed to have free Magic Codes you can enter into your DMR account for points.
Just do a quick Google search for “Disney Movie Rewards blog.”
During our research for this post, most of the blogs containing Magic Codes for free points were older, and most of the codes invalid. That doesn’t mean new posts won’t surface, or that future codes won’t work.
Here are some examples:
8. Set up Google Alerts for free codes
If you want to be alerted when new codes surface online, sign up for a Google Alert.
If you have a Google account already, you can log in and start entering keywords and phrases like “Free Disney Movie Rewards Codes” and “Free Disney Movie Rewards Points.”
Whenever Google crawls new content with these key phrases, you will receive an alert in your email to check them out.
If you don’t have a Google account, you’ll need to create one to get started.
- Step 1: To create a Google account, visit https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?hl=en.
- Step 2: There, you have the option to enter a username, which will create an account and a new Gmail address for you. If you already have an email address you prefer to use, click “I prefer to use my current email address” and continue the sign-up process. Tip: Use whatever email address you prefer to have your alerts sent to.
- Step 3: Once your account is activated, you can begin setting up Google Alerts. You have the choice to receive alerts in digest form, or as they happen. Because some of the codes are timely, “as they happen” might be your best option.
- Step 4: Begin receiving alerts in your inbox.
- Step 5: Follow links to free rewards codes!
9. Ask family and friends
Last but certainly not least, ask family and friends for legit codes they have but aren’t using.
If your family and friends are buying Disney movies and music but choose not to collect the benefits that come with a DMR membership, they might consider passing them on to someone who will – you!
Current Magic codes
DMR Magic Codes can take the shape of a character name or keyword from a recent Disney franchise.
They can also appear to be a bunch of random letters and numbers.
Codes can be limited by user location.
They can also expire.
Here are a few examples codes current at the time of writing this post:
Disney Movie Rewards code generators
Almost every single one of the so called “code generators” you will find online are scams.
If it were that easy to get free rewards, DMR probably would have caught on and changed their system by now.
So don’t waste your time with them.
The same holds true for any generator like that including Amazon gift card generators.
Are you a Disney Movie Rewards member with a tip for finding free points?
Do you have any codes that have worked for you recently that you’d be willing to share?
Share them with us in the comments below.
Share your thoughts