Want to expand your Disney movie collection on the cheap?
Check out our Disney Movie Club review for all the reasons this program is a can’t miss for Disney collectors and superfans.
Join today, just in time for the Feb. 27 release of “Coco.”
Disney’s newest Pixar release swept the Annie Awards this month and is a favorite at the Oscars.
From recent hits to the classics, now you can have it all.
What will I learn?
How Disney Movie Club works
Disney Movie Club is a paid membership program that makes building a Disney movie collection easy and affordable. (Not to be confused with Disney Movie Rewards.)
Panel Payday: Earn up to $75 per survey. They also pay up to $50/hr for mystery shopping. Join Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
KashKick: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
Crowdtap: Top members can get $50 or more per survey! Some surveys are just 1 question! Join Crowdtap Now!
Toluna: Earn PayPal, Amazon & Tango e-vouchers for taking surveys (& product testing!). Join & get 500 bonus!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $5 instantly!
If you want to save money on movies, this is a great option.
Sign up for their introductory offer.
Meet minimum purchase requirements.
Pay attention to monthly mailings.
If you do these things, you stand to walk away with eight or more new movies at around $12 a piece.
Here’s how to get started:
Before we get to the sign up process, keep in mind that you must be 18 years old. Only one membership is allowed per household.
Now, there are three ways to sign up for Disney Movie Club.
- Visit www.disneymovieclub.com.
- Have a promotional code? If yes, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Have a Promotional Code.” Enter the code and click “Choose Your Movies.” If no, skip to the next step.
- Click “Customize Your Pack” or scroll to the bottom of the page and choose a pre-designed pack to jump-start your collection.
- Choose your format – either DVD or Blu-Ray.
- Enter an email and password to set up your account.
- Set up shipping.
- Process payment.
- Confirm your membership, then you’re all set!
- Follow steps 1-4 above.
- When you get to the shopping cart – print it out.
- Mail the printout, with payment, to: DMC, PO Box 738, Neenah, WI 54957-0738
- Call 1-888-257-9100.
- If you have a promotional code, have it ready, along with your payment. Credit card, check and money orders are accepted.
4 Movies for $1
The current introductory offer is four movies for $1.
If you know a member of the Disney Movie Club, you can get a bonus movie (total of 5) for the same price. Your referrer gets free movies just for getting you to sign up!
Don’t know any members?
You can find a ton of referral codes online to save. Some even include a free gift with your first five movies!
Member deals and discounts
You can take advantage of other deals and discounts just for being a Disney Movie Club member.
Some discounts can include savings of up to 50 percent.
Check your order status
Processing and delivery can take up to 10 days, but give about 3-4 weeks for your introductory order to come through.
You can track the progress of any shipment through a link in your confirmation email or by calling 1-800-362-4587.
Refunds and cancellation
You can cancel your Disney Movie Club membership anytime after completing your member commitment.
Beware! If you cancel early, you’ll be billed for the value of the titles from your introductory offer purchase.
Once you’ve canceled, check to make sure you got a confirmation in your email.
Disney Movie Club member commitment
When you join the Disney Movie Club, you have a purchase commitment to meet.
Typically, that’s five movies at regular price ($19.95 and up for DVD, plus shipping and processing). You have two years to meet this commitment.
When you buy a movie at regular price from the Disney Movie Club, make sure it’s eligible to count toward your commitment.
Not sure how many more movies you’re on the hook for?
- Visit the website.
- Log in.
- Click the commitment tab.
Once you’ve reached your minimum, and after 30 days have passed, you’ll become a Disney Movie Club VIP. All that means is that you’ll be eligible for more special offers and discounts through the program.
This is the maintenance part of your Disney Movie Club membership. (And the part responsible for plenty of unnecessary, angry online reviews.)
Really, it’s simple.
Every four weeks or so, Disney Movie Club will try to send you a featured title.
You have a decision to make:
- If you DO want the featured title, do nothing. Disney Movie Club will mail you the Blu-ray or DVD and bill you. But be warned – these do not count toward your membership agreement.
- If you DON’T want the title, you must respond to that effect. Enter your decision on the website, via the automated phone system, or fill out and return the mail response card to skip.
Disney Movie Club offerings run the gamut, including preschool, live action, animated, recent releases and hard to find classics.
The club does NOT include titles that have gone into the Disney vault.
Check out what’s available at disneymovieclub.com or have the catalog sent to you. Just call 1-800-362-4587.
How much does Disney Movie Club actually cost?
So after the introductory offer of 4 movies for $1, the price changes.
the Some reviewers say it’s easy to spend up to $150 as a Disney Movie Club member.
At a minimum, you’ll spend $1 plus shipping and processing on your introductory offer (assuming you use a referral code and get 5 for $1).
Add at least $19.95 x 5 for a total $100.75.
If you walk away from your membership with only those 9 movies, you’ll end up spending under $12 per film.
That, of course, doesn’t take into account any featured titles or other offers you may take advantage of as a Disney Movie Club member.
Get the most out of your membership
Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your membership:
- Pay attention and be an active member. If you don’t, you could end up accidentally spending quite a bit on Featured Title mailings you don’t even want.
- Sign up for Disney Movie Rewards, and claim your purchases toward rewards. Your member commitment purchases can stack up. Blu-rays can net you 150 points, and DVDs are worth 75 points, easy. You could have 1,350 points just from your first 9 movies!
- Order multiple movies at a time to save on shipping.
- Cancel your membership once your requirement is met and start fresh. This one sounds a little shady, but several current and past members swear by it. Apparently, Disney Movie Club does not exclude you from joining if you’ve already completed the program.
- Refer your friends. As a member, you can get two free movies just for referring friends to the program!
So is Disney Movie Club worth it?
For both budding and hardcore Disney fans, yes, absolutely!
While you could try to find DVDs individually via Amazon or elsewhere online or in stores, you likely won’t be able to find every movie.
Disney Movie Club is a pretty cost-efficient way to find the movies you know and love, and build a collection for yourself or your little ones.
Have you tried the Disney Movie Club experience?
What did you think?
If I could give this movie club a zero star, I definitely would!!! This movie club is savage all they care about is taking your money without your consent. They charged me $33.90 for the movie I never ordered. And once your a member guess what your STUCK!! there is no way out unless you plan on buying them 5 movies each with regular price $30 or more totaling $150. And when I tried to cancel my membership they told me I can't unless I pay them the cost of all 5 movies i.e. $150 or more. At first they will trick you saying that you could buy 3 movies each with a price of $1.99 and that there is no monthly fee, but they will never mention about the two year commitment. The two year commitment is that your membership will expire after 2 years and if you didn't buy them all 5 movies within those two years guess what you're still getting charged at the end of the year. Please don't join this savage club! You will 200% regret it!