How often do you buy the same products on Amazon?
Have you considered the Amazon Subscribe and Save program?
Whether its toothpaste, toilet paper, pet food, shampoo or coffee, we all have items that we buy on a regular basis.
You might need a two pack of toothpaste every month, a 24 count pack of Bounty paper towels every two months, or a pack of diapers every week if you have babies.
It’s these every day, recurring purchases that really add up and, over time, make quite the dent in our monthly income.
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get $5 Instantly!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
Daily Goodie Box: Want free stuff? DGB will send you a box of free goodies (Free Shipping - No Credit Card). Get your box now!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours! Join Branded Surveys
KashKick: Get paid directly to your PayPal! KashKick pays you doing fun things online! Join KashKick Now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
Wouldn’t it be great if you could save yourself money on the stuff that you buy frequently?
Well, with Amazon Subscribe and Save, you can.
Amazon is one of the world’s most popular retailers, selling everything from toilet paper to bedroom furniture.
And it’s, arguably, one of the best places to shop if you’re on a budget.
Its prices are competitive.
There are Amazon coupons on just about anything you can think of.
There are plenty of ways to save money on Amazon.
Combine these with these awesome money-saving Amazon hacks and Amazon becomes a no-brainer.
And that’s not all…
Amazon offers a selection of programs, features, and tools designed to save you money when you shop with the retail giant.
One of the best features is Amazon Prime, which gets you free shipping on every purchase regardless of how much you spend, access to thousands of movies and TV shows that you can stream for free, and a multitude of other benefits.
But, aside from Prime, which we covered the benefits of in-depth, and how it works, in our Prime review post, one of the best features Amazon offers is Subscribe and Save.
If you’re looking to save money on your everyday purchases, then you should definitely consider joining.
Below, we offer an in-depth Amazon Subscribe and Save review that covers everything you need to know about this tool, from how it works, to saving money with it, to finding the best deals.
What is Amazon Subscribe and Save?
Amazon Subscribe and Save is a feature that anyone with an Amazon account has access to.
With this service, you can subscribe to items that you frequently buy – whether that’s shampoo, diapers or pet food.
When you subscribe to an item, Amazon automatically delivers it on the schedule you set.
You can choose to have an item sent to you as often once every month or as little as once every six months.
So, if you need shampoo every month, then you could subscribe to receive a Pantene shampoo each month. But, if you only require paper towels every three months, then you would choose to receive a delivery every three months.
Essentially, Subscribe and Save gives you regularly scheduled deliveries – so you don’t have to order anything manually.
But convenience isn’t the only perk that comes along with subscribing to an item.
You also get a discount – arguably the biggest benefit of the service.
Keep in mind that you do not need a Prime membership to use the Subscribe and Save feature.
How it Works
With the Subscribe and Save Feature, you can set delivery windows up in month-by-month increments.
The smallest window is once a month and the longest is once every six months.
When you subscribe to an item, it will be delivered to you at the frequency that you set. You don’t have to do anything else once you’ve subscribed to the product.
Here’s a quick overview of how it works:
- Find the Products you want to Subscribe to
- Make changes to your Subscription
- Cancel subscriptions if you want to
1. Find the Products you want to Subscribe to
Okay, so now you’re probably wondering how to find products to subscribe to.
Not every product on Amazon is part of the Subscribe and Save program. So, there are some items that, unfortunately, you won’t be able to subscribe to.
But, many of the products on the platform are part of the program.
Whether it’s coffee, shampoo, moisturizer or dog food, there are hundreds of products on Amazon that allow you to subscribe.
It’s simply a matter of finding them.
There are two ways that you can find Subscribe and Save products:
Visit the subscribe and save section
Amazon has a section on its platform dedicated to the Subscribe and Save program.
You can view it here.
In this section, you can browse through items that you can subscribe to by categories, like:
- Household supplies
- Personal care
- Pet supplies
- Baby Care and Food
Each of the larger categories is further divided into subcategories.
For example, in the “Grocery” section, there are subcategories, like:
- Condiments and salad dressings
- Snack foods.
And, in the “Personal Care” section, there are subcategories like:
- Shave and hair removal
This is an easy way to get an idea of what products you can subscribe to.
So when you’re just starting out with the subscribe and save program, it’s definitely worth setting aside a bit of time to have a thorough browse through all of the sections that interest you.
Search for specific items
While the method above is a good way to see everything that’s available to you, if you’re looking for something more specific, then you should try this method instead.
Type in the name of the product that you’re interested in, whether that’s broad like, paper towels, or more specific like Bounty 12 count paper towels, into the search bar on Amazon.
Handily enough, Amazon allows you to search for products within the subscribe and save section.
This means that when you enter a search term, Amazon will only show items that are eligible for the Subscribe and Save program.
You can do this by using the search bar in the Subscribe and Save section linked above.
Next to the search bar, it should say “Subscribe and Save”.
When you enter a term it will come up with a list of products that you can subscribe too.
This is a much easier way for you to find the products that you know that you purchase regularly.
Once you’ve found a product you want to subscribe to, all you have to do is subscribe to that item.
- Click on the circle next to where it says “Subscribe and Save”.
- Now you need to set the quantity. So, next to where it says “Qty”, choose how many units you want in your delivery.
- Next, you need to choose how often you want the item delivered to you. Next to where it says “Deliver Every”, select your delivery intervals.
- Select “Subscribe Now” and it will be added to your subscription list.
3. Make changes to your Subscription
After you’ve subscribed, you might find that you’re receiving an item too often or too little.
So, you might be wondering, can you make changes to a subscription?
Once you’ve subscribed to an item, you can indeed make changes to the subscription.
Amazon S&S is a flexible program that allows you to make alterations at pretty much any time.
You can make changes to quantities, but also how often you receive the product.
Let’s say you opted to receive laundry detergent every month, but realize that you only want it every two months.
You can easily change how often you receive shipments.
Managing future subscriptions can be done through the “Your Account” section. Just click on “Your Subscribe and Save” and select the subscription you’d like to alter.
4. Cancel subscriptions if you want to
Okay, so once you’ve got your subscription set up, you’ll start receiving deliveries at the intervals you set.
S&S is a program that a lot of people don’t know much about.
And, two common questions are how long do you have to subscribe to an item and can you cancel your subscription?
One of the best aspects of Subscribe and Save is how flexible this feature is. When you subscribe to an item, you are not locked into any long-term contract.
You aren’t under any obligation to keep paying for future orders. You are essentially subscribed on a delivery by delivery basis.
So, if you decide that after a couple of months, you no longer want to receive an item at regular intervals, then you can easily cancel your subscription.
Here’s how to cancel subscribe and save on Amazon:
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Go to the “Your Account” section.
- Then select the “Your Subscribe & Save” option.
- In this section, you can cancel your subscription.
- Find the subscription you’d like to cancel and click “Edit”.
- Click “Cancel Subscription” and then “Confirm Cancellation”.
Amazon Subscribe and Save Price Change: Are the prices always the same?
You might be wondering whether or not the price you pay for your first subscribe and save delivery remains the same for future orders.
This is a common question that many people have about the program.
After all, anyone who’s ever shopped on Amazon.com knows how often prices change on the platform.
And, this is the case for subscribe and save items.
The price of them may increase or decrease between deliveries.
So let’s say that you purchase Clorox wipes for $5.99, but the next month the price goes up to $6.99.
When Amazon automatically sends out the product at the next interval you choose, you would be charged $6.99.
Similarly, if by your next delivery interval, the price has gone down to $4.99, then you’d pay that.
This is definitely something to be aware of with the S&S program.
You always want to make sure that you’re getting the stuff you buy at the best price.
Fortunately, before each delivery, Amazon sends out a reminder email. This email tells you the delivery date, and also the price you will pay for the product.
This gives you the time to review the price before the order is sent out.
The price of an item might change between deliveries, but it will never be higher than the price stated in your reminder email.
What are the benefits of Joining?
Okay, so now you know how the Subscribe and Save program works, you’re probably wondering, what are the benefits of using the service?
Well, there are quite a few:
1. 15% Off
When you subscribe to a product on Amazon, you get a discount on that item.
And, it’s not small discount either.
It ranges from 5% to 15%.
This is a really great deal because if you save 5% to 15% every time that you buy something, that means that this extra 5 to 15% you’d normally spend on these products remains in your bank account instead.
If you’re looking for ways to reduce your monthly bills, then this is a great option.
For most products, you get 5% off when you first subscribe. But if you subscribe to five items, you will then get 15% off instead.
This can really be worth doing, as 15% off is a really generous deal.
And if you are a Prime member, you unlock 20% savings on diapers.
According to Amazon:
Prime members unlock 20% savings on diapers and baby food subscriptions when receiving any 5 or more products in a given month to a single address, compliments of Amazon Family.
2. Free shipping
What’s great about Subscribe and Save, aside from the money the generous discount saves you, is that your orders ship to you for free.
Shipping fees are one of the biggest downsides to shopping online. But, when you subscribe to an item, they are no longer an issue.
Not having to pay for shipping can save you a surprisingly large amount of money – more than you would think.
So, aside from the discount, free shipping is definitely one of the biggest benefits of Subscribe and Save.
This is an easy way to get free shipping on Amazon without Prime.
2. It’s incredibly convenient
With work, family and everything else, it’s easy to forget that the last tube of toothpaste in the house is now empty or that the jar of coffee is down to its last few grounds.
And in those cases, it’s frustrating when we realize we forgot to restock at the weekend or on our way home from work as we meant to.
That’s one of the reasons that Subscribe and Save is such a valuable tool.
And, not just in a monetary sense.
It makes things incredibly convenient.
It ensures that the situation outlined above, where we find ourselves fresh out of the things we need, doesn’t occur.
3. You can use coupons too
With Amazon Subscribe and Save, not only do you get 5% to 15% off, but you can also use coupons.
Handily enough, Amazon provides a great selection of coupons that can be used on Subscribe and Save items.
So, you can stack your S&S discount with a coupon, and save even more.
This means that you can end up paying a really low price for an item.
4. You can cancel at any time
A lot of people are put off joining Amazon Subscribe and Save because they think that they will be locked into paying for orders for a long period of time.
But this isn’t the case.
You choose how often you get your deliveries. Subscriptions can be altered.
And you can cancel a subscription at any time.
You don’t have to sign up for a certain time period to take advantage of S&S. It works on a delivery by delivery basis.
This is a huge advantage. When you sign up, you don’t have to worry about being stuck with the program for a year!
It’s a really flexible feature that you can easily manage from your account.
How to get the most out of Amazon Subscribe and Save
Now you know what S&S is, how it works, and the benefits of it.
Below, we’ve got a few tips on how to get the most out of it.
1. Consider ordering filler items
A 15% discount is a pretty generous deal.
And, it’s something that most people who participate in S&S want to take advantage of.
As we mentioned above, to get a 15% discount, you need to subscribe to five items.
But, that’s not the only stipulation.
You must receive these items in one month, to one address.
So, if you subscribe to five different items, but choose to have them delivered at different intervals, like one item every month and another item every three months, then you won’t be able to unlock the 15% discount.
This is where filler items come in handy.
Filler items are inexpensive, usually smaller, items that you can subscribe to.
You still get the discount, but you don’t have to pay out a ton during your delivery month.
Here are a few examples:
- Suave Antiperspirant Deodorant, Shower Fresh: This costs just $1.89.
- Diane Cotton Squares 160 Count: This costs just $2.85.
- Colgate Extra Clean Full Head Toothbrush, Medium – 3 Count: This costs just $2.84.
2. Use coupons in conjunction with the S&S discount
If you want to save even more money with S&S, then you should definitely use coupons too.
Coupons are a wonderful money-saving tool that anyone on a budget should utilize (check out our post on how to start couponing for beginners – it tells you exactly how to use coupons for maximum savings).
And, that’s also the case with S&S. If you don’t take advantage of the coupons on offer, then you’re missing out on some great savings.
After all, as we mentioned above, Amazon allows you to stack coupons with your S&S discount – which is pretty generous.
This means that you can stack a coupon for say $1 off, on top of the 5 to 15% that you’re already saving.
It’s definitely another great aspect of the Subscribe and Save program.
What’s great is that Amazon offers a huge selection of coupons, across multiple departments.
Here are a few examples of coupons available at the time of writing:
- 20% off Quaker Instant Oatmeal.
- Save 30% on Colgate toothpaste.
- Save $1 on Energizer Max batteries
- Save 20% on Hill’s Science Diet Cat Large Bag
- Save 20% on Cottonelle CleanCare Toilet Paper.
3. Compare the price of products
The Amazon S&S program is designed to save you money. But, it doesn’t mean that you always get the best price for stuff on there.
After all, the discount is on Amazon’s prices.
Let’s say on Amazon you subscribe to toilet paper, and it costs $5 per pack.
You get 5% off, so you save $0.25 and pay $4.75 for the toilet paper.
But, the regular price of that toilet paper at Target could always be $4 – so it’s cheaper from the outset anyway, and if there’s a sale on or you have a coupon, you’ll save even more.
While Amazon is famed for its low prices, it doesn’t offer the best price on absolutely everything.
So, compare prices before you subscribe to anything.
Just because something is in the Subscribe and Save program, it doesn’t necessarily mean it will save you money.
Finding the Best Subscribe and Save deals
If you’ve visited the Subscribe and Save store or searched for S&S items, you’ll know that there are thousands of them.
This can make it difficult to find the best deals.
That’s why we’ve outlined exactly how you can decide whether a product is a good deal, and gives examples of some of the best deals that are currently available.
First, let’s take a look at some of the best deals available on the website, at the time of writing:
Some of the Best Amazon Subscribe and Save Deals
Below, we’ve outlined some of the best Subscribe and Save deals available at the time of writing.
Please note that Amazon.com’s prices change frequently, so take the numbers below as a guide, rather than an exact amount.
Also, be aware that some products that were once eligible for S&S might not be anymore.
Products go in and out of the Subscribe and Save program often.
Here are a few items in the grocery department that you might want to subscribe to:
1. KIND Bars, Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate, 8g Protein 1.4 Ounce Bars, 12 Count
- Cost at Amazon.com: $14.24 with 5% off and $12.83 with 15% off.
- Cost at Walmart.com: $20.21 ($14.22 + $5.99 for shipping).
- Cost on Target.com: $20.28 ($14.29 + $5.99 for shipping).
Total potential savings: $7.45
You can get these bars at Amazon for at least $7 less than you can at competitors.
If you get a 5% S&S discount, you’d pay $14.24 for these bars.
So, at $14.22, you’d assume that Walmart offers the best price for these KIND Bars. But, when you factor in the cost of shipping, Amazon.com comes out the cheapest place to buy them.
And, if you’re getting 15% off, then you only pay $12.83 for them.
Plus, at the time of writing, Amazon has a coupon for 25% off your first delivery of KIND bars.
Target does have the option for you to subscribe for 5% off, but as Amazon gives you up to 15% off, it offers a better deal.
2. Peet’s Coffee Major Dickason’s Blend Dark Roast 32ct K-Cup Packs
On Amazon.com you can get Peet’s Coffee K-Cup packs for as low as $0.58 per cup!
It’s one of the best deals on S&S.
Here’s how it compares to other platforms.
- Cost on Amazon.com: $20.89 with the 5% discount and $18.69 with the 15% discount
- Cost at Walmart.com: $21.48 (+ $5.99 delivery = $27.47)
- Cost at Target.com: $22.99 (+ $5.99 delivery = $28.98)
Total potential savings = Up to $10.29!
You could pay up to $28.98 if you bought them at Target, and just $18.69 if you subscribe on Amazon.
Plus, there’s a coupon available for an extra 20% off on your first delivery.
3. Healthworks Turmeric Root Powder (Curcumin) Raw Organic, 1lb
Get this turmeric root powder for as little as $0.61 per ounce. That’s a real bargain.
Let’s see how it compares to the price at other stores:
- Cost at Amazon.com: $10.44 with the 5% discount and $9.34 with a 15% discount.
- Cost at Walmart.com: $11.99. This works out at about $0.74 per ounce.
Total potential savings = Up to $2.65
This is how much you’ll save if you purchase this at Amazon.com, rather than at Walmart.com, with the 15% discount.
– Household Supplies
Here are a few great deals in the household department:
1. Charmin Ultra Soft Mega Roll Toilet Paper, 24 Count
One of the best Subscribe and Save deals is the 24 count pack of Charmin Ultra Soft Mega Roll Toilet Paper.
As you can see from the prices below, this is a real bargain:
- Cost on Amazon.com: $21.52 with the 5% discount or $19.26 with a 15%. This works out at about $0.89 per roll with the 5% discount and $0.80 with the 15% discount, depending on the discount you have.
- Cost on Walmart.com: Walmart only sells a 6 count pack of this toilet paper. It costs $9.97. That’s $1.66 per roll. This is substantially more than you’d pay at Amazon.com.
- Cost at Target.com: $26.99. So you’d pay $1.12 per roll.
Total potential savings: $20.62!
Since Walmart only sells 6 count packs of this toilet paper, you’d have to buy four packs to get 24 rolls that you do on Amazon.
This would cost you $39.88, compared to $19.26 at Amazon.
2. Finish Max In 1 Powerball Ultra Degreaser, Lemon 26 Tabs, Dishwasher Detergent Tablets
Another good deal on Amazon Subscribe and save is this pack of Finish dishwasher detergent tablets.
As you can see from the price comparison below, Amazon offers a pretty great deal:
- Cost at Amazon.com: $5.41 with 5% off and $4.87 with the 15% discount. So, you pay about $0.21 to $0.19 per tablet.
- Cost at Walmart.com: A 27 count box at Walmart costs $5.90 – so you pay about $0.22 per tablet. And, you also have to pay $5.99 for shipping, making the total cost of these tablets $11.99.
- Cost at Target.com: A 27 count box at Target costs $5.69, which works out at about $0.21.
Total potential savings: $6.57!
Since a 27 pack of tablets at Walmart, including shipping, costs $11.99, which works out at about $0.44 per tablet, for 26 tablets, you’d pay about $11.44 for the same amount of tablets that you can get on Amazon for as little as $4.87!
3. Scotch-Brite Non-scratch Scrub Sponge, 9 Count (Pack of 2)
These non-scratch scrub sponges from Scotch-Brite are a household and essential, and you can get hem for a bargain price with Amazon Subscribe and Save.
Let’s do a quick price comparison:
- Cost at Amazon.com: $14.23 with the 5% discount and $12.73 with the 15% discount for two, 9 count packs of sponges. This works out at between $0.79 and $0.71 per sponge.
- Cost at Walmart.com: For one, 6 count pack of sponges, it costs $8.20 at Walmart.com. This works out at about $1.37 per sponge.
- Cost at Target.com: For one, 4 count pack of sponges at Target, you’ll pay $4.99. This works out at about $1.25 per sponge.
Total potential savings: $11.87
At Walmart.com, you pay $8.20 for a 6 count box of these sponges, which is about $1.37 per sponge – so for 18, you’d pay $24.60.
At Amazon.com, you can get the same amount of sponges for as little as $12.73.
– Personal Care
Here are a few great deals you can get on products in the Personal Care section.
1. Dove Men+Care Clinical Protection Antiperspirant Deodorant, Clean Comfort 1.7 oz
Another great deal on Amazon.com is this Men’s deodorant from Dove.
Here’s how the price of this deodorant compares at Amazon to other stores:
- Cost at Amazon.com: At Amazon.com you can get a 1.7oz deodorant for $7.49 with the 5% discount and $6.71 with the 15% discount.
- Cost at Walmart.com: At Walmart.com, you can get a two pack of this deodorant for $16.27 – so this works out at $8.13, which is two dollars more than it is at Amazon.com, even with the minimum 5% discount.
- Cost at Target.com: $7.89 – there is an offer for 5% off, if you subscribe, but even then you still pay $7.50, still making it $1.10 cheaper at Amazon.com. So, if you get the 15% discount, you pay $1.77 less on Amazon than you would at Target.com.
Total potential savings: $1.42
This is how much you save if you purchase this deodorant at Amazon.com, rather than at Walmart.com.
2. Spectrum Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Unrefined, 54 Ounce
This coconut oil from Amazon, which can be used to moisturize the skin and the hair, is another fantastic subscribe and save deal.
When you subscribe to it on Amazon, you save yourself a lot of money:
- Cost at Amazon.com: $20.56 with the 5% discount and $18.40 with the 15% discount. This works out at just $0.38 per ounce! And if you get the 15% discount, you only pay $0.34 per ounce.
- Cost at Walmart.com: At Walmart.com, a 29 fluid ounce jar of this same coconut oil costs you $20.72 – so you actually pay more at Walmart for a much smaller container. This works out at about $0.71 per ounce.
- Cost at Target.com: At Target.com a 14 ounce jar of this oil will set you back $8.99. This works out at about $0.64 per ounce.
Total potential savings: $19.94
At Walmart, you pay $20.72 for 29 fluid ounces, which works out at $0.71. So, to get 54 ounces of it, like you do at Amazon.com, you’d have to pay $38.34. On the other hand, the same amount of coconut oil costs as little as $18.40.
3. Oral-B Sensitive Gum Care Electric Toothbrush Replacement Brush Heads Refill, 3 Count
This product is a bestseller on the Amazon Subscribe and Save program and with good reason.
It’s generally cheaper on Amazon than it is at other stores – plus, if you subscribe to five items and get 15% off, then you save even more.
Here’s how much this deal can save you:
- Cost at Amazon.com: With the 5% S&S discount, you pay $14.26 for these toothbrush replacement brush heads – plus there’s a dollar off coupon available for your first delivery. If you get 15% off, then you pay just $12.76 for them.
- Cost at Walmart.com: $14.99 – so you pay around $5 per head.
- Cost at Target.com: $15.79, which works out at about $5.26 per head. Plus you have to pay for delivery.
Total potential savings: $3.03
This is how much you’ll save if you buy these brush heads at Amazon.com with the 15% discount, rather than at Target.com.
– Pet Supplies
If you’re a pet owner, you can get some great deals in the Pet Supplies section. Here are a few to check out:
1. PetSafe ScoopFree Litter Tray Refills – 3-Pack
If you’re a cat owner, then you might want to take advantage of this great deal on PetSafe ScoopFree Litter Tray Refills. Amazon sells them at a super low price, making this one of the best deals.
Here’s quick price comparison:
- Cost at Amazon: $42.70 with the 5% discount and $38.20 with the 15% discount.
- Cost at Walmart.com: $55.25.
Total potential savings: $17.05
As you can see from the prices above, you pay far less for this product at Amazon.com with the S&S program. Plus, Amazon has a coupon available that allows you to save a further 10%.
2. GREENIES PILL POCKETS Chicken Flavor Treats for Dogs
If you have a dog, then you probably know how tough administering medicine can be. That’s why these dog treats, which are designed to hold capsules, are such a good idea.
Amazon offers a great deal on them too, via Subscribe and Save. Here’s how the price compares:
- Cost at Amazon.com: One, 15.8 Oz, 60 count pack of these pill pockets costs just $16.14 with the 5% discount. If you get a 15% discount, you’ll pay just $14.44. This works out at about $1.02 to $0.91 per ounce.
- Cost at Walmart.com: For one, 7.9 ounce pack of these pill pockets, you’ll pay $51.63. That’s more than you’ll pay for a larger pack at Amazon.com. It works out at about $6.54 per ounce.
Total potential savings: $51.70
Walmart only sells a 7.9-ounce pack of pill pockets, and as mentioned above, this works out at $6.53 per ounce. So, to get 15.8 ounces of it at Walmart, like you do on Amazon, you’d pay about $103.33!
3. Hill’s Science Diet Large Breed Dry Dog Food
Another great deal that dog owners should take advantage of is this dry dog food from Hill’s Science. This 35-pound bag is a great bargain. Here’s a quick price comparison:
- Cost on Amazon.com: A 35 pound bag costs $38.94 with the 5% discount and $34.84 with the 15% discount. This works out at $1.11 to $0.99 per pound.
- Cost on Walmart.com: A 30 pound bag of this food costs $46.73. This works out at about $1.56 per pound.
Total potential savings: $19.76
To buy 35 pounds of this dog food at Walmart.com would cost you about $54.60. But you can buy the same amount on Amazon.com for as little as $34.84.
– Baby Care & Food
Here are a few good deals from the Baby Care & Food category.
1. Similac Pro-Advance Non-GMO Infant Formula with Iron, with 2′-FL HMO, for Immune Support, Baby Formula, Powder, 23.2 ounces (Single Tub)
If you subscribe to five items and get 15% off, then this Similac formula is one of the best deals you can get through subscribe and save.
Here’s a quick look at how much you can save.
- Cost at Amazon.com: $27.53 with the 5% discount, and just $24.63 with the 15% discount.
- Cost at Walmart.com: $28.98 plus $5.99 for delivery, which works out at $34.97
- Cost at Target.com: $28.99 + $5.00 shipping, which works out at $33.99
Total potential savings: $10.34
This is how much you’ll save if you buy this formula from Amazon, rather than at Walmart.
2. Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers Size 4, 160 Count
This is another great bargain, especially if you’ve unlocked the 15% discount.
These diapers are much cheaper on Amazon than they are elsewhere:
- Cost at Amazon.com: $21.12 with the 5% discount and if you join Prime, then you can get a 20% discount, which means you pay just $17.79 for these diapers.
- Cost at Walmart.com: $13.73 for 29.
- Cost at Target.com: $22.49 for 128.
Total potential savings: $57.41
At Amazon.com, you pay as little as $17.79 for these diapers, which works out at about $0.11 per diaper. Whereas, at Walmart.com you pay $0.47 per diaper, so for 160, you’d pay $75.20.
3. WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes, 9 Packs of 60 Count (540 Count)
Another great bargain on Amazon is on these baby wipes.
Here’s how the price compares:
- Cost on Amazon.com: For 9 packs (540 count), you pay just $25.29, which works out at about $0.05 per wipe. If you get 15% off, however, you save even more. You’ll pay just $22.63.
- Cost at Walmart.com: $3.94 for a 60 count pack. This works out at about $0.07 per wipe. But, you also have to pay $5.99 for shipping, which means you end up paying about $9.93 for 60 of these wipes. This is about $0.17 per wipe
- Cost at Target.com: $32.99 for a 540 count box. This works out at around $0.06 per wipe. You also have to pay $5.99 for shipping, which means you pay $38.98 for these wipes. This is about $0.07 per wipe.
Total potential savings: $18.82
At Amazon.com, you can pay as little as $22.63 for 540 of these wipes. To get 540 wipes at Walmart, you’d need to buy nine, 60 count packs, and it would cost you. $35.46, and you’d pay $5.99 for shipping, making your total $41.45.
Here are some deals from the Healthcare category that you should check out.
1. Mack’s Ear Care Ultra Soft Foam Earplugs, 50 Pair
These ear plugs on S&S are a great deal. Here’s how they compare:
- Cost at Amazon.com: $8.54, with the 5% discount. Or, if you unlock the 15% discount, you pay just $7.64.
- Cost at Walmart.com: $9.88 plus $5.99 for shipping.
- Cost at Target.com: $9.99, but you have to order $25 worth of items to get this shipped.
Total potential savings: $2.35
This is how much you save if you buy these on Amazon, rather than at Target.
2. Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test, 20 Ovulation Tests
These digital ovulation tests from Clearblue are very reasonably priced when you subscribe to them on Amazon. Here’s how the price of them compares:
- Cost at Amazon.com: This 20 pack of ovulation tests costs just $34.18, which works out at about $1.70 per test. This is a really low price compared to the cost of the same tests at other stores. If you’ve unlocked the 15% discount, then you pay just $30.58 for these tests.
- Cost at Walmart.com: For a 10 count pack of tests on Walmart, you pay $26.92. This works out at $2.69 per test.
- Cost at Target.com: $35.99.
Total potential savings: $23.26
For 20 ovulation tests, you’ll pay $53.84. But at Amazon, you can get the same amount of tests for as little as $30.58!
3. CloSYS Original Unflavored Mouthwash, Alcohol Free, 32 ounce
This CloSYS Original Unflavored Mouthwash is one of the best deals in the healthcare category.
Here’s how the price compares:
- Cost at Amazon.com: $10.91 with the 5% discount and $9.77 with the 15% discount.
- Cost at Walmart.com:$11.48 plus $5.99 for shipping, which makes your total for this mouthwash $17.47.
Total potential savings: $7.70
This is how much you could save if you purchased this mouthwash at Amazon.com, rather than at Walmart.com.
Whether its body wash or mascara, you can find great deals on items in the beauty section. Here are a few that you should check out.
1. Dove Body Wash Pump, Sensitive Skin 34 oz
Another good deal is on this Dove Body Wash. Here’s how the price compares:
- Cost at Amazon.com: $7.59 with the 5% discount and $6.79 with the 15% discount.
- Cost at Walmart.com: $8.47
- Cost at Target.com: $8.49
Total potential savings: $1.70 if you buy this body wash at Amazon, rather than at Target.
2. L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Original Carbon Black Waterproof Mascara, 0.23 fl. oz
This L’Oreal Paris mascara has to be one of the best deals available with S&S.
It’s so much cheaper if you purchase it through Amazon.com.
Here’s how the price compares:
- Cost at Amazon.com: $4.74 with 5% or $4.25 with the 15% discount.
- Cost at Walmart.com: $32.59
- Cost at Target.com: $4.99
Total potential savings: $28.34
That’s how much you’ll save if you buy this mascara through Amazon Subscribe and Save, rather than at Walmart.com.
3. Revlon Kiss Lip Balm, Berry Burst
This lip balm from Revlon is another good deal in the beauty section. Here’s how the price compares:
- Cost on Amazon.com: $3.55 with the 5% discount and $3.17 with the 15% discount.
- Cost at Walmart.com: $3.32
- Cost at Target.com: $4.49.
Total potential savings: $3.17
This is how much you’ll save if you purchase this lip balm at Amazon.com, rather than at Target.com.
How to find the best deals on Subscribe and Save
As you can see above, through Subscribe and Save, you can find so many products at much lower prices than they are at other stores, like Target and Walmart.
But, the list above might not contain the products that you’re interested in, and while, at the time of writing, these prices were correct, Amazon has a dynamic pricing system.
So that cost of products on there can change from hour to hour.
This means that the deals above could change.
So, how can you ensure that you get the best deal?
Well, there’s something simple that you can do.
It’s easy, but it does require a little bit of your time.
Before you subscribe to anything on Amazon, do a good old fashioned price comparison.
We mentioned doing a price comparison above. It doesn’t take long, but, by doing it, you make sure that you get the best price for everything that you buy.
Think about the places that you shop and often, and then compare the price of the item you want at those stores, to the price of the same item at Amazon.com.
Here’s an example to illustrate:
Let’s say you want to purchase Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes (25 count).
And, you mostly shop at Amazon.com and Walmart.
Before you subscribe to them on Amazon, compare the price of them at both Amazon and Target.
Currently, at the time of writing, if you did a price comparison of these two items, you’d see that they were much cheaper on Amazon.
- At Walmart.com, a 6 pack of Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes (25 count) cost $39.23.
- On Amazon, the 6 pack of those same wipes costs just $18.79.
Amazingly, at Amazon.com, you’d pay $20.44 less than you would for the same wipes at Walmart.
Not only are the wipes priced much lower on Amazon in the first place, but you also get a 5% discount.
And if you subscribe to five items, you could pay even less for them – just $16.81with the 15% off.
This won’t always be the case, however.
Sometimes a product on Amazon will cost more than it would at a store, like Target, Walmart or Rite Aid.
Again, this is why doing a price check is so important.
Is Amazon Subscribe and Save Worthwhile?
In short, yes!
The Subscribe and Save service is definitely worth using.
It can save you so much money over the course of the year and offers numerous other benefits.
But, there is one thing that you should keep in mind.
Subscribe and Save is only useful if you actually use the stuff that gets sent to you.
If you’re paying for coffee every month, but you aren’t anywhere near using up the last batch and you’ve already got your next one or two auto-delivered, then it might not be worth getting the product monthly.
As we mentioned above, Amazon allows you to change your delivery intervals at any time.
Experiment with different delivery frequencies.
After all, you don’t want to be paying out for stuff monthly if you don’t even get to use it.
Overall, Subscribe and Save is a really useful tool for saving money.
You get up to 15% off – that’s pretty high.
So, if you shop online a lot, then consider subscribing to a few items on there.
Think about the products you use often, subscribe to them, and don’t forget to subscribe to some cheap filler items as well to unlock that 15% discount.