Would you like to get your hands on some free products?
If so, then you might want to check out Amazon Prime Samples.
Available exclusively to Prime members, Amazon Prime Samples, gives you money back when you purchase samples.
It’s a great program that can net you free cash to spend on full-sized products.
What is Amazon Prime Samples?
It’s a program that allows Prime members to try samples of products.
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get $5 Instantly!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
Daily Goodie Box: Want free stuff? DGB will send you a box of free goodies (Free Shipping - No Credit Card). Get your box now!
Pinecone Research: Get paid to test new products & earn $3 per survey! Join Pinecone Research Now!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours! Join Branded Surveys
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
You can try out items from a wide range of categories, from sports nutrition to baby products.
You have to pay for the sample, but you receive a credit back for it, which is equal to the price you paid for it.
This means that you get the product for free!
It’s basically like getting free products from Amazon review sites. Companies giveaway these products in hopes of getting the word out and perhaps get some feedback and reviews.
How Does Prime Samples Work?
Amazon Prime Samples gives you access to both individual samples and sample boxes.
Individual samples are priced between $2 and $4 and sample boxes generally range between $4.99 and $19.99.
You purchase the sample that you want, and then Amazon will give you a credit equal to the price you paid for it.
Credits are awarded for every sample that you try.
How credits work
Once your sample item has shipped, the credit is added to your account.
Handily enough, Amazon sends you an email to let you know when new credits are added to your account.
You can use your credits, just like you would an Amazon gift voucher, to buy select full-size items from the category that you sampled. But, you can only use it towards purchases shipped by Amazon.com.
Here’s a quick example to illustrate:
- Let’s say you purchase a pack of coffee for $2.
- You’ll receive a $2 credit back for it.
- You can then use this credit towards a future coffee purchase.
What’s great about the program is that you don’t have to put in any codes, or do anything, in fact, to redeem your credits.
Just add qualifying items to your shopping cart when your sampling credits become available. And, Amazon will automatically apply them during the checkout process.
Essentially, you get the sample product for free!
This is such a great way to get freebies, as it’s so easy.
What kind of products can you get?
You’re probably wondering what kind of stuff you can get with the program.
Well, you’ll be glad to know that there’s some pretty great stuff available on there, including well-reviewed products, and items from well-known brands, like Aveeno and Vichy. Plus, there are plenty of new products to try as well.
It offers a great mix.
Most of the items available are health and beauty or personal care related.
Categories available at the time of writing include:
- Sample Boxes
- Sports Nutrition
- Beverages and Food
- Beauty and Grooming
- Personal Care & Household
- Vitamins and Supplements.
As we mentioned above, you can get both individual samples and sample boxes. Below, we’ve given you a few examples of what’s available in both categories at the time of writing.
There are tons of individual samples available through the program.
At the time of writing some popular examples available include:
- Quest Nutrition Protein Bar, Cookies & Cream
- Vichy Micellar Cleansing Water and Makeup Remover for Sensitive Skin
- Pacific Foods Creamy Tomato Soup
- Arm & Hammer Advance White Extreme Whitening with Stain Defense
- Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso Sample
Samples by category
And, below, we’ve listed a few examples of samples available by category:
- ExtendBar Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar
- BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder
- Quest Nutrition Protein Chips, Salt & Vinegar
- Hot-Kid Baby Mum-Mum Rice Rusks, Blueberry & Goji
- Mustela Gentle Cleansing Gel, Baby Hair & Body Wash
- Bambo Nature Sample Premium Disposable Diapers
Beauty & Grooming Samples
- Pureology Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner Duo
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Face Sunscreen
- Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil With Vitamin E
At the time of writing, the following sample boxes are available:
- Women’s Skin and Hair Care Sample Box: This box contains 10 skin and hair care products, such as cleansing facial wipes, lotion for dry skin and shampoo, from brands like Nivea, Aveeno, and Aquaphor.
- Aveeno Sample Box: This contains six or more items from hair and skincare brand Aveeno, like Eczema Therapy Cream, Daily Moisturizing Lotion and Pure Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Men’s Luxury Grooming Sample Box: This box contains 10 or more items, like Bioderma Hydrabio Serum, Proraso After Shave Balm, Sensitive Skin and Baxter of California Daily Protein Shampoo.
- Purina Cat Food Sample Box: This box contains six or more items from pet food brand Purina, like Pro Plan Prime Plus Canned Cat Food, Salmon & Tuna and Purina ONE Tender Selects Blend With Real Chicken Dry Food.
- Dog Food and Treat Sample Box: This box contains six or more items from various brands, like WHIMZEES Natural Grain Free Dental Dog Treats, Hill’s Science Diet Adult Beef & Barley Entrée and GlycoFlex Plus, Hip and Joint Supplement for Dogs.
Receiving your samples
What’s great about this program is all of the samples on offer ship for free.
Generally, it takes from three to ten business days for your sample to arrive after you place your order.
During the checkout process, you’ll get an estimated delivery date.
So, how many free samples can you get?
You might be wondering, is there a limit to how many free samples you can get?
Well, there is – to a certain extent anyway.
You can purchase as many different samples as you want from the program.
You could purchase everything from the Beauty Samples category if you wanted to for example.
But, you can only purchase each unique sample once.
For example, let’s say you buy a coconut-scented shampoo sample from a brand.
You like the product, so you decide that you want to buy the same shampoo with a different scent – the berry scent, for example. You can purchase both the coconut one and the berry-scented one.
But, you can’t purchase the coconut-scented shampoo sample twice.
So, once you’ve tried a specific sample, you can’t try it again.
Is it worthwhile?
With this program, you get stuff for free – and who doesn’t want more free stuff?
Sure, you have to pay upfront, but you get the money back in the form of Amazon credit.
And, there are so many products to choose from! Ones from big brands too, like Nivea, Purina, Olay, Simple, Aveeno, Colgate, and Starbucks.
Browse the products on offer from Amazon Prime Samples, and see if there is any that you’re interested in.
Since there are so many brands and product categories available, it’s likely that you’ll find at least a couple of products that you want to try out.
If you’re a Prime member, you should definitely consider buying stuff in the sample section.
You’d be missing out on some great Amazon freebies if you didn’t.
If you’re not a Prime member, you should definitely consider joining.
With Prime, you get access to tons of benefits, the two biggest being free shipping on all Prime-eligible items, and access to tons of movies and TV shows through the brand’s streaming service, Prime Video.
You have to pay a monthly membership fee. But, it’s low – just $10.99 per month.
And, the cost of the membership is more than offset by the money you save on shipping.
We recently wrote a full review of Prime, and determined that even if you only buy three items per month on Amazon, Prime will still save you money!
Where to sign up
You can get freebies from Amazon Prime Samples by visiting the official page where you can also browse available products.
- Join Amazon Prime Samples: https://www.amazon.com/primeinsider/tips/prime-samples-qa.html.
As we mentioned above, this program is only available to Prime members.
So, make sure that you’re logged into your Prime account when you visit the page we linked to above.
If you’re not a Prime member, then you’ll need to sign up.
- You can join Prime at: https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Prime-One-Year-Membership/dp/B00DBYBNEE
The Amazon Prime Samples program gives you an easy way to get free stuff on Amazon.
It’s definitely worth taking a look at the stuff that’s available through the program. You can save yourself cash, and try out new products.
So, if you’re a Prime member, give it a try, and if you’re not, consider joining.
Don’t miss out on free stuff!