If you need to get prescriptions and over-the-counter medications at a late hour, you’ll want to know which pharmacies are open 24 hours. There are a few well-known pharmacy chains that are open 24 hours a day and lots of local ones that are open late as well.
In today’s post, I’ll cover pharmacies that are open 24 hours and pharmacies that are open late, so that you can get the products you need when you need them.
Oh, and if you are looking for other places that are open 24 hours, like grocery stores and gas stations, make sure you check out my list of stores that are open 24 hours.
So, which pharmacies are open 24 hours?
Short answer: CVS, Jewel-Osco, Rite Aid, and Walgreens are pharmacies that are open 24 hours at select locations. There are other pharmacies, including grocery store pharmacies, that aren’t open 24 hours but are open late. This includes Albertsons, Kroger, and Publix.
There are plenty more pharmacies that are open late as well!
KashKick: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours by PayPal! Join Branded Surveys
First Opinion: Get paid up to $10 per survey and $300 per virtual focus groups! Join Now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $10 instantly!
For a list of pharmacies that are open 24 hours, or pharmacies that open late, make sure you read the rest of the post.
What will I learn?
Pharmacies Open 24 Hours Near Me
Some pharmacies are open 24 hours, so you can refill prescriptions and get any over-the-counter medications you may need when you need them!
These stores offer 24-hour pharmacy services at select locations. Be sure to contact your local store to see its specific opening hours.
CVS is the largest pharmacy chain in the United States. There are more than 9,900 CVS locations throughout the United States, so it’s likely you have a store near you that’s open 24 hours. Select CVS pharmacies are open 24 hours.
- Insurance accepted: CVS accepts most types of insurance plans, such as Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, and UnitedHealthcare.
- Other health services: Immunization services, optical centers, and MinuteClinic walk-in health clinics
- How to find a 24-hour location: On the store locator page, you can filter the stores to find pharmacies that are open 24 hours. Just click “Filter Stores,” and then “Pharmacy Services,” and then check the box for “Pharmacy Open 24 hours.”
2. Giant Food
Giant Food is a supermarket, and it has a pharmacy. There are 165 Giant Food Stores in Washington DC, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia.
Some Giant Food pharmacies are open 24 hours, which is awesome. And, although not all Giant Food Stores are open 24 hours, many of them are open late, like until 9 pm.
- Insurance accepted: Get in touch with your local store to see which types of insurance plans are accepted.
- Other health services: Immunization services, community wellness events, online personalized consultations, and online nutrition classes.
- How to find a 24-hour location: On the store locations page, select your state from the list, select your town or city, and then choose the store you want. On the store page, you will be able to view details of opening hours, including the opening hours for the pharmacy.
There are 180 Jewel-Osco Pharmacy locations in the United States. Stores are located in Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana. 175 of Jewel-Osco Pharmacy locations are in Illinois. Select pharmacy locations are open 24 hours.
- Insurance accepted: Jewel-Osco accepts all major insurance plans. Call or visit your local Jewel-Osco pharmacy to check if it accepts your insurance.
- Other health services: Immunizations, health screenings, travel vaccines and medication, and specialty care for complex conditions like cystic fibrosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- How to find a 24-hour location: On the pharmacy locator page, click on your state and then the name of your city or town. This will bring up pharmacies near you. You’ll be able to see if that location is open 24 hours. You can enter your zip code, but this will bring up grocery stores too, so if you are looking for pharmacies specifically, it can be easier to simply just select your state and town from the options listed.
4. Rite Aid
Rite Aid is a drugstore chain with more than 2,500 stores in 19 states. Select pharmacies are open 24 hours.
- Insurance accepted: Rite Aid accepts most major insurance plans, such as Tricare, Elixir Insurance, Express Scripts, Caremark, OptumRx, Medimpact, Cigna, Humana, Medicaid, Medicare Parts B and D, and many more. Contact your local pharmacy to check whether it accepts your plan.
- Other health services: Immunization services, and the RediClinic (available inside some Rite Aid locations) where you can get treatment for common medical conditions, such as strep throat, ear infections, urinary tract infections, pink eye, and skin rashes, and preventative care on a walk-in basis, 7 days a week. The RediClinc also offers health screenings, medical tests, and physical exams.
- How to find a 24-hour location: On the store locator page, click on “Filters,” and then under “Service,” check the box next to “24Hr Pharmacy.”
Walgreens is a pharmacy store chain and the second-largest one behind CVS. There are 9,021 Walgreens stores in in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, so it’s likely you’ll have a store near you.
- Insurance accepted: Walgreens accepts most major insurance plans. Contact your local pharmacy to check if they accept your insurance plan.
- Other health services: Immunization services, and a walk-in clinic for treatment for non-emergencies. Common injuries include minor cuts, burns and sprains. Common illnesses include urinary tract infections, respiratory infections, and upset stomachs.
- How to find a 24-hour location: On the store locator page, click on “Filters” on the left side of the page, and then under “Extended Hours & Drive-Thru” check the box next to “24-hr pharmacy.”
6. Local pharmacies
You can find more pharmacies near you that are open 24 hours. All you need to do is a quick Google search. Enter a term like “24-hour pharmacy near me,” or “24-hour pharmacy [name of your town or city].”
Then, Google will show you any local pharmacies that are open 24 hours. This is a really simple way to find more pharmacies that are open 24 hours, which is great, right?
Pharmacies that Are Open Late Near Me
Sadly, not all pharmacies are indeed open 24 hours. If you don’t have a 24-hour pharmacy near you, you may at least have a pharmacy nearby that’s open late. Some pharmacies stay open until 9 p.m., so you can pick up the prescriptions and medications you need after work.
Here are some pharmacies that are open late.
There are 4,743 Walmart stores throughout the United States. While many Walmart store locations are open 24 hours, the pharmacy at Walmart is NOT open 24 hours. Most Walmart pharmacies are open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday though. So, if you need to go to the store after work, you can do it. On Saturday, the Walmart pharmacy is open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Sunday it’s open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Albertsons has more than 2,200 stores across the United States. Although the opening hours vary by store, select Albertsons pharmacy locations are open until 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and until 6 p.m. or 7 p.m. on the weekends.
9. Giant Eagle
Giant Eagle has more than 216 supermarkets throughout Indiana, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. Although Giant Eagle opening hours vary by location, some pharmacies are open until 9 p.m. during the week, and until 5 p.m. or 6 p.m. on the weekends.
H-E-B is a grocery store chain with more than 340 stores throughout Texas and Northeast Mexico.
It has a pharmacy and wellness services too, like nutritional services. The H-E-B pharmacy is open until 9 p.m. on weekdays, 6 p.m. on Saturday, and 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Hy-Vee operates more than 240 retail stores in the Midwest. This includes Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
It has a pharmacy too. Many Hy-Vee pharmacies are open until 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and until 5 p.m. or 6 p.m. on the weekends.
Kroger has more than 2,800 stores in 35 states. Although Kroger pharmacies aren’t open 24 hours, many are open until 8 p.m. on weekdays and until 6 p.m. on the weekends.
Meijer has more than 240 supercenters in six states, including Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, and Wisconsin.
While Meijer pharmacies are not open 24 hours, they are open pretty late, so you can get the medications and the prescriptions you need when you need them.
Meijer pharmacies are open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekdays and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the weekends.
Another store that has a pharmacy that’s open late is Publix. It’s an employee-owned supermarket chain in the United States.
There are more than 1,286 Publix stores throughout the Southern United States. You’ll find Publix stores in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.
Most Publix pharmacies are open until 9 p.m. on weekdays, and until 7 p.m. on Saturdays and 6 p.m. on Sundays.
There are more than 900 Safeway locations across the country. Although the hours vary by location, select Safeway pharmacies are open until 9 p.m. on weekdays, and until 5 p.m. on weekends.
There are many pharmacies that are open 24 hours near you, including CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens. Try the 24-hour pharmacies on our list above. If you don’t have a pharmacy near you that’s open 24 hours, then try one of the pharmacies that’s open until late, like the Walmart pharmacy and the Kroger pharmacy.