In this Zap Surveys review, I’ll tell you how it works and whether or not you can actually make money with it by sharing your opinion.
If you’re a regular here at MoneyPantry, you know are a lot of ways to make money online. Some good and some better than others.
One popular way is taking surveys for money. And if you are going to take surveys, it’s good to join a few sites to increase your earnings.
One to consider is Zap Surveys. But is it a legit survey app that pays you or just another one of those sites where you answer 10 pages of questions just to be told at the end “you don’t qualify“?
Let’s find out…
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get $5 Instantly!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
Smart App: Earn $15 a month just for installing their free app, plus loyalty bonus every three months! Join Smart App Now
Daily Goodie Box: Want free stuff? DGB will send you a box of free goodies (Free Shipping - No Credit Card). Get your box now!
National Consumer Panel: Use the app or free handheld scanner they mail you to scan barcodes during shopping to earn cash & gift cards. Get Access to NCP
What is Zap Surveys?
It’s bascially is an app that pays you for taking surveys. It has a few different survey types available.
How it Works
Here’s how it works.
Intsall the app
The first step is to download the app. It’s available for Android and iOS devices.
Here’s where you can get the app:
Take surveys for cash
On the app, you can take surveys on a wide variety of topics, like:
- Your travel preferences.
- Your feelings about certain products
- Your opinion on advertising.
The results of these surveys help companies to develop new products or adapt to the needs of customers.
Types of surveys
There are a few survey options available, such as:
- High paying surveys where you are rewarded, and the app also donates to fight child starvation on every completed survey.
- Logo polling where you get paid to tell companies what design they should use for their next logo.
- Surveys that appear based on your location.
Get cashback when you shop
It’s not just surveys you can get paid for. The app also allows you to earn cash back when you shop.
The company has partnered with more than 50 major retailers and brands to provide you with cashback when you shop. So, when you shop with the app, you can earn up to 40% cash back. This cash back is added right to your ZS balance.
You can also make money by referring friends. Once your friends have successfully completed their first survey, you’ll get a $0.45 reward added to your account automatically.
How do I get my money from Zap surveys?
Once you’ve earned enough, you’ll be able cash out your earnings in a few ways:
- Money to your PayPal account.
- Amazon eGift cards.
- Visa eGift cards
Now, it’s important to note that you can’t withdraw your earnings until your balance reaches $25.
Most rewards are sent within a day of your cash out. If the app runs into issues getting your reward, it may take a few additional days, but this isn’t common, according to ZS.
How much can you make with ZAP surveys?
You can earn $6.25 for your first survey. After that the pay per survey is much lower. In fact, a lot of people report earning only 2 to 3 cents per survey, with a few reporting 20 cents per survey, which isn’t particularly high.
Is Zap Surveys Legit?
So, in my research into the app, I found that the reviews were pretty mixed.
Here’s how it’s rated on the app stores:
- On Google Play it has 3.5 stars and more than 9,000 reviews.
- On the iOS store it has 4.3 stars and more than 50,000 reviews.
Now, those numbers aren’t too bad, but when I read through the reviews, I could see there were a few common problems.
Let’s take a look at the good and bad reviews customers left:
There were some good reviews, like this one from a user on the Google Play store:
“This works surprisingly well. You couldn’t make a living from this app but even there is a constant supply of surveys so if you are bored and want a little but of extra cash I would definitely recommend this. Definitely the best surveys app by far.”
A lot of other reviewers said they’d been paid by the site.
There were, however, a lot of complaints:
- “The worse app you can ever waste your time on there nothing but problems with this app yes it will pay out soon as reach 25 most of them you only get 2cents or sometimes none of the surveys work you email them about they won’t reply I wouldn’t recommend to nobody don’t waste your time”
- “It’s an ok app . I only get a few cent per survey plus it never lets me finish I served .I would waste my time if I wasn’t on night shift. It helps pass time.”
- “Complete waste of time. Surveys are longer than stated and don’t pay much at all. I don’t see a reason to spend 10 minutes or more on a survey to receive at the max $0.19 cents for my time.”
It does seem like ZS does pay out. But for many people hitting that $25 cash out minimum is difficult and time-consuming. And a few people even said that if they did manage to hit the cash out minimum, they didn’t receive payment at all.
Like I said, the reviews are pretty mixed!
Is Zap Surveys Worth It?
Honestly, while it does seem to pay out, that $25 cash out minimum is just far too high for the amount the app pays per survey.
Sure, you can boost your earnings a bit with the cashback. But it’s not ideal.
And, like I said the amount it pays per survey isn’t particularly high.
These sites pay much higher:
- Earn up to $3 a survey with QuickThoughts.
- Darwin’s Data pays up to $25 a survey.
- You can earn from $1 to $2 a survey with SurveySavvy, and some surveys pay from $5 to $10 apiece.
The sites above pay more than a few cents, so are likely a better use of your time that ZS.
If you really want to add another survey site to your collection, give Zap Surveys a try. But, just keep in mind that you can earn money faster on other survey sites, like the ones I mentioned above.
Hopefully this review of Zap Surveys has helped you to decide whether or not to use the app.
Have you ever used ZS? If so, share your experience with the app in the comments below, and feel free to share your favorite survey sites and apps with us as well.