Want to know how to recycle ink cartridges for cash?
Sadly, once they are empty, ink cartridges are just thrown out and end up in a landfill.
Fortunately, there are programs that promote ink cartridge recycling.
These programs will take your old cartridges off your hands and save them from that landfill.
Join InboxDollars for free. InboxDollars pays you to watch videos, search, shop, take surveys, and more. They have paid out $57 Million so far!
What’s great as well is that not only are you helping the environment by recycling but you can also make some cash by recycling.
These programs will pay you for your old cartridges. It really is a win-win.
Let’s take a look at a few ways you can get paid to recycle ink cartridges.
1. Take them to Office Depot
With the Office Depot Recycling Program you can get cash back for your old cartridges.
Since it’s such a big chain, you’re likely to find an Office Depot store near you.
Here’s how the program works:
- Visit your local store and recycle your ink and toner cartridges.
- You’ll get $2 back in rewards for each recycled cartridge when you make a $10 qualifying purchase during the same month.
- Rewards are paid out monthly online as a reward certificate.
So it’s pretty easy.
It’s a good program for getting cash for empty toner cartridges.
- Join the Office Depot Rewards Program here.
2. Check out Staples Rewards
Staples has a rewards program called Staples Rewards. You get up to 5% back in rewards, and other benefits.
What’s great about the program is that it gives you $2 back in rewards for each ink cartridge you recycle. There is a minimum purchase requirement though so do keep that in mind.
- Check out Staples Rewards here.
3. Recycle them with Evolve Recycling if You’re a Business
Evolve Recycling will give you money for your company’s empty ink cartridges and laser cartridges.
Just register, collect your company’s recycling. Then just ship the cartridges to Evolve Recycling, and once your balance reaches $25, you’ll receive a monthly check.
It’s free to ship your cartridges to Evolve Recycling too because you get a prepaid paid shipping label from the company.
- Check out Evolve Recycling here.
4.Check out these Ink Cartridge Recycling Fundraiser Companies
If you are looking to raise funds for your school, check out Dazz Cycle. Just collect your empty cartridges and Dazz Cycle will pay you for them.
It’s not just schools though that can participate in the program.
Any individual or organization who wants to raise funds can take part.
This includes organizations like Girl and Boy Scout trips, church groups, animal welfare organizations, humane societies and animal rescue groups.
- Check out Dazz Cycle here.
Also, there are a few other companies around that help individuals and companies to raise money through recycling cartridges, such as:
5. Recycle Your Cartridges with TonerBuyer
TonerBuyer pays you for new and used printer cartridges.
You could get up to $22 for each one when you sell empty cartridges to TonerBuyer.
What’s great about this company is that you can ship your empties to them for free.
That’s great because it means you make more of a profit from your old cartridges.
- Check out TonerBuyer here.
6. Recycle with NeedEmpty
Another place to recycle is at NeedEmpty.
Just fill out a form, and NeedEmpty will get back to you with an offer within 24 hours. If you like the offer then you can ship your stuff to the company.
It’s free to ship them to NeedEmpty, as the company gives you a prepaid shipping label.
For this one, you will need to have at least 50 to 100 cartridges to sell.
There’s more information available on the NeedEmpty website.
- Check out NeedEmpty here.
7. Make Cash with US Recycling
Get money for your old ink cartridges with US Recycling.
You can get up to $3 for each one.
Just enter some details on the site about the cartridges you want to sell and you’ll get an offer from US Recycling within an hour.
You can also give the company a call rather than filling out a form.
If you like the offer, you can accept it, ship your stuff and get paid.
- Check out US Recycling here.
8. Recycle Ink Cartridges for Cash at Best Buy
It could be worth recycling cartridges at Best Buy.
The store has a recycling program that accepts ink cartridges.
For every one you recycle you get a $2 coupon.
- You can learn about selling ink cartridges specifically here.
- You can learn about the Best Buy recycling program as a whole here.
9. Sell Ink Cartridges on eBay
Selling your cartridges to a company like Office Depot, Staples or TonerBuyer is such an easy method for getting cash.
However, if you’d like to increase your profits a bit then you might want to consider selling them yourself on eBay.
Sometimes you can get more money selling them yourself than you would with cartridge buy-back programs.
So if you don’t mind waiting a bit for a customer to see your listing, consider selling on eBay.
- Check out eBay here.
10. Find a Recycling Center Near you with Earth911
Wondering, “where can I recycle ink cartridges for cash near me?”
Then check out Earth911.
This site has a database of recycling centers that you can search to find a center near you.
What’s great about this site is that you can also enter the type of item you want to recycle. It’s so easy to use as well.
- Check out Earth911 here.
Other Things You Can Recycle for Money
Ink Cartridge isn’t the only thing you can get paid to recycle. There are a lot of other recyclable materials that can earn you extra cash.
Here at MoneyPantry, we’ve covered most of them. Check out these posts:
- Tires: Here’s how to recycle used titres for cash.
- Cardboard boxes: Learn how to recycle cardboard boxes for money.
- Phone Books: Find out how to recycle phone books for cash.
- Aluminum Cans: How to make money recycling aluminum cans.
- Plastic: Recycle plastic for cash.
- Scrap Metal: Here’s how to recycle scrap metal for money.
- Glass: And finally, learn how to get paid for recycling glass.
As you can see, most things in your kitchen or curbside recycling container can be turned into cash. You just need to know where to take them.
By recycling old ink and toner cartridges not only will you help out the environment but you’ll also make some money in the process.
And some extra cash is always a good thing!
If you want to recycle ink cartridges for cash give the sites above a try.