Want to get paid to go to school?
If so, this is the post for you!
In the 2020 to 2021 school year, the average cost of tuition and fees was $41,411 at private colleges, $11,171 for state residents at public colleges and $26,809 for out-of-state students at state schools.
That’s a lot of money and the reason why so many students are in debt struggling to pay it off, although there are a few Student Loan Forgiveness programs that you could take advantage of.
So, that’s a lot of money spent each year on college.
Thankfully, there are actually a few ways you can get paid to study and go to school…
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get $5 Instantly!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
KashKick: Get paid directly to your PayPal! KashKick pays you doing fun things online! Join KashKick Now!
Rakuten Insights: Earn Free PayPal money & Amazon gift cards by taking surveys with Rakuten Insights Join Rakuten Insights!
Daily Goodie Box: Want free stuff? DGB will send you a box of free goodies (Free Shipping - No Credit Card). Get your box now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
How to Make Money Going to School
Here is a list of companies, government programs and schools that pay you to attend school.
1. Get tuition-reimbursement from your employer
Some employers offer tuition reimbursement programs. So, they’ll pay for your education. That’s like getting free money for college!
Employers that have been known to pay for college tuition include:
- Home Depot: Home Depot offers tuition reimbursement of up to $6,000 per year for full-time associates, up to $3,000 per year for part-time associates, and up to $2,500 per year for your immediate family members.
- Amazon: Through its Career Choice Program, Amazon pre-pays 95% of the tuition and fees for associates to earn certificates and associate degrees in high-demand occupations, like aircraft mechanics, computer-aided design, and dental hygiene. Please check the page linked at the start of this bullet point to learn more.
- Chipotle: Work at Chipotle, and you could get 100% tuition coverage for select programs, and up to $5,250 for others. Learn more on the site linked earlier.
Corporate tuition reimbursement policies vary a lot from company to company. So, check to see if your employer offers this benefit. If not, consider finding an employer that does offer tuition reimbursement.
2. Join the military
If you are in the military, you may be able to get paid to go to school. If not, then you may want to consider this as a career path, if it suits you.
Of course, the military isn’t for everyone, but if you find the idea of signing up for the military appealing, then you can get lots of college finance options.
Here are some ways you can get paid to go to school:
- GI Bill: The GI Bill, which has been around since 1944, helps qualifying veterans and their family members to cover all or some of the costs of school or training. There’s also a Montgomery GI Bill for active-duty members, and a Post-9/11 GI Bill for those who served on active duty after September 10, 2001.
- Military Tuition Assistance Programs: The military also offers yearly tuition assistance. This varies but can be up to $4,500 a year. There’s no one site I can link to for more details, unfortunately. Instead, you’ll need to check with your military branch for specifics.
3. Get a scholarship
With a scholarship, you get money to go to school except that you don’t need to pay it back. You’re basically paid to go to school.
There are a lot of college scholarships available, and the qualifications for each one varies.
Some scholarships are sports-based, for example, and others are given to those who are gifted in mathematics. There are even state scholarships available to those who excel in high school.
- You can learn more about scholarships here.
4. Apply for a Grant
Grants are sort of like scholarships, where you get money for going to college that you don’t need to pay back.
It’s offered either as full tuition coverage or partial tuition coverage. There are lots of places that offer grants, such as government organizations, non-profit organizations, associations and so on.
Here are two main ways to get grants:
You can complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. And you’ll be considered for public grants. There are lots of different grants available, like the Pell Grant, which in 2020-2021, is up to $6,495 for the year.
Some private universities offer grants. You can learn more about these grants on the enrollment pages of these colleges and universities. Or you can contact universities to enquire.
Some examples of colleges and universities that offer grants include:
Make sure you visit this site to learn more about grants.
5. Attend a tuition free school
Consider attending a school where you can get a degree for free. With so many free online college courses, you have a lot of options for getting a free degree. And that’s a big way to save money in college.
Easy tips for getting paid to go to school…
If none of the above options work for you, then consider making some extra money while in college.
Here are a few ways to do this…
6. Sell courses on Udemy or Skillshare
You could take your newly learned knowledge from your college classes and sell a course on it. If you’re taking a creative writing course, then sell a how-to guide on creative writing. If you’re studying business, sell a course on how to start a business.
7. Sell books through Amazon Kindle
Again, you can take anything you’ve learned in college or just a topic that you enjoy and make a book about it. You can then publish it through Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.
You’ll earn up to 70% in royalties every time your book sells. This means that you could be making money while sitting in a lecture. So, you’re essentially getting paid to go to college.
8. Tutor others
You could also make money tutoring others.
Here are some sites that pay you to tutor people:
9. Check out our posts…
Here on MoneyPantry, we have a ton of posts that college students can use to save and make extra cash.
Check out these posts to learn more:
- 125 Ways for students to save money in college: Read it now!
- 100+ Freebies and discounts for college students: Read it now!
- 70 Ways to make money in college: Read it now!
College can be pricey. But, it doesn’t have to be. There are so many ways that you can actually get paid for going to school.
Sure, you may not qualify for all of them, but it’s good to know that there are options for getting paid to go to college, like companies that pay you to go to school and jobs that pay you to go to school.
And, of course, it’s always worth checking which grants and scholarships may be available to you.
Let us know in the comments section if you have any tips or advice on getting paid to go to college.