“Is BevRAGE app legit?”
While researching for our “Get paid to drink beer” post, I repeatedly came across this question on online forums, reviews of the BevRAGE app, and discussion threads on Reddit.
After all, it’s great when you get money back from purchasing things you’d normally buy anyway.
Receipt apps usually conjure up images of laundry detergent, coffee and other everyday essentials that one might pick up at the grocery store.
Booze isn’t usually what comes to mind.
But, surprisingly there is an app out there that essentially pays you to buy alcohol.
It’s called BevRAGE, fittingly enough.
What is BevRAGE?
BevRAGE is an app that pays you when you purchase any type of alcohol, like wine, beer and spirits at liquor stores, bars and restaurants. It was founded in 2015.
Essentially it’s a rebate app that pays you when you upload your receipt.
Currently it’s available in 43 states.
For obvious reasons, you need to be at least 21 years old to be able to use the app.
An overview of the BevRAGE app
Okay, so now you know what BevRAGE is, you’re probably wondering how it works, how much you can make with it, and whether or not it’s a legitimate money making tool?
Well, in the review below, we answer all of these questions and give you everything you need to know about this receipt app.
How it works
What’s great about the BevRAGE app is how simple it is to use.
Saving money with it only takes a few quick and easy steps.
But before you start, you’ll need to actually install the app.
Here are the links for the app:
Step One: Select your offer
Using BevRAGE, you can check out what offers are available in your area. You’ll see offers available for stores, bars and restaurants.
What’s available will vary.
At the time of writing, a couple of example offers include “Save $2 on Trivento Wine” and “Save $1 on Warsteiner 4-Pack”.
To select the offer you need to save it to your shopping car or click on the “Redeem Now” option.
Step Two: Purchase the eligible booze
The next step is to actually purchase the type of alcohol featured in the offer.
What’s great about BevRAGE is that it can be used at literally any bar, restaurant or store that sells alcohol and gives a receipt.
So, if it has an offer for a certain type of alcohol purchased at a bar, then this offer is available across all bars.
And, it’s the same with restaurants and stores too.
Just remember to keep your receipt!
Step Three: Scan and Upload your Receipt
Okay, so once you have bought the alcohol and have your receipt it’s time to upload it.
Take a picture of your receipt, using your phone. It must be an itemized receipt – non-itemized receipts are not accepted.
Make sure that you follow these guidelines to ensure that your receipt is accepted:
- Make sure that the photo you upload shows your receipt clearly and that it’s easily readable. It should not be blurry or cut off.
- Don’t try to upload the same receipt more than once. A receipt can only be used once. But, you can redeem multiple products and offers on one receipt. So, for example, if you get an offer for a wine and a separate offer for a beer, and purchase them from the same place at the same time, then you can just use the one receipt
- The date on your receipt needs to match the dates that the offer is active. If you have a receipt that is older that the start date of a BevRAGE offer, then it won’t be eligible.
- Products on your receipt must match offer details completely in size, variety and specified purchase requirement.
Step Four: Get Paid
Once you’ve uploaded your receipt, BevRAGE will pay you via PayPal or check. So, if you don’t already have one, then you’ll need to set up a PayPal account.
You can check the status of your receipt submission by looking in the redemption history in the wallet section of the app.
In this area, you can view pending, processing, rejected and approved submissions.
What’s great about BevRAGE is how quick the payments are processed, if you opt to get paid via PayPal.
You get paid within 48 hours once you submit your receipt.
That’s really quick, and much quicker than many other receipt apps out there.
It’s definitely one of the things that sets this app apart from other receipt apps and it’s one of its biggest selling points.
After all, who wants to wait weeks to get paid?
It’s definitely best to choose to receive your earnings via PayPal, rather than by check. This is because with the check option it takes two weeks to be processed and mailed, and you can’t withdraw your earnings until you reach $20.
How much can you earn with BevRAGE?
There does seem to be a real earning potential with BevRAGE.
Generally, you’ll earn a few bucks each time you fulfil an offer and pick up some booze.
For example, at the time of writing, there are many offers available which vary in terms of earnings:
- Wine: There are offers available that save you anywhere from $1 to $5.
- Beer: There are plenty of offers for beer as well, which save you anywhere from $1 to $3.
- Spirits: Spirits aren’t left out either – you can find deals for anywhere from $3 to $5 on spirits.
How much you can earn with the app really depends on what offers are available to redeem and how often you use the app.
But, don’t expect to use it to make an income.
It’s not really designed for that.
It’s just a good way to make a few extra bucks each time you buy liquor at the store or have a drink at a bar or restaurant.
So, if you want to add money to your savings or even just get a bit of extra spending money for the next time you go shopping, BevRAGE is a good option.
On Reddit, many users report their earnings with BevRAGE. ]
In this Reddit thread for example, one user states that they have used the app for a couple of months and have earned $35 and another states that they’ve made $17.
Other ways to earn
Uploading your receipts isn’t the only way that you can make money with the BevRAGE app.
You can also refer friends to earn cash.
When you share BevRAGE with your friends or family through email, text or social media, you get cash when they redeem an offer for the first time using your BevRAGE app referral code.
Is BevRAGE in my area?
BevRAGE doesn’t say on its website what states it’s available in.
But, it does require you to enter your zip code in order to use it.
When you enter your zip code, the app will let you know if you live in a state that isn’t eligible for the program.
There are only 7 states where the app isn’t currently available
How does BevRAGE make Money?
So, you might be wondering, what does BevRAGE get out of the deal?
Well, it’s not entirely clear how BevRAGE makes money.
But, it could be theorized that the app gets a commission or fee from the manufacturers, stores and suppliers when it sends customers their way.
As you can see from this BevRAGE app review, this app is definitely legitimate.
It offers so many benefits:
- It provides you with a selection of offers for well-known alcohol brands, so you’re sure to find something that suits your tastes.
- Most offers can be redeemed at any store, bar or restaurant. So, you don’t have to find a specific location to get a rebate.
- It’s easy to use. Redeeming offers, uploading receipts and getting paid takes just a few simple steps. And, the BevRAGE FAQ section is really helpful too.
- The fact that it actually offers rebates on booze is a real plus. Most rebate apps don’t do this.
While, this app won’t make you rich, it does allow you to earn a little something back when you spend money, and this is ideal if you’re on a budget or want to save up for something.
So, to end this review, I’d say the BevRAGE app is worth a try!