Whether you’re looking to see your favorite musician in concert, or watch your favorite sports team play a big game, using the right ticket site to purchase legit and cheap tickets is important.
There are lots of scam ticket sites out there, so you want to be sure you’re only using legit sites.
Below, I’ve listed the best ticket sites. These sites offer a great selection of tickets for concerts, theater shows, sports events, and more.
What will I learn?
Top Ticket Sites
Here are the best websites to buy tickets for concert, sports, theater and other events.
First on the list we have StubHub, which is a website for ticket buyers and resellers. StubHub is an American company. On the StubHub site, you will find sports, concert, and theater and comedy tickets.
It’s one of the most popular ticket selling websites.
Panel Payday: Earn up to $75 per survey. They also pay up to $50/hr for mystery shopping. Join Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
KashKick: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours by PayPal! Join Branded Surveys
First Opinion: Wanna get paid for every single survey (+ high paying online focus groups) with cash or direct deposit? This is for you! Join Now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $5 instantly!
- Tons of ticket options available.
- View an interactive seat map.
- Offers tickets to more than 10 million events in more than 40 countries worldwide.
- Great mobile app available too that allows you to see the venue and find out which artists are performing right from your phone.
- Every order is 100% guaranteed.
- If your event is canceled and not rescheduled, you will receive a credit worth 120% of the amount you paid for the impacted event or the option of a cash refund
- You can’t view the final price of the tickets until you enter your credit card information.
Ticketmaster is an American ticket sales and distribution company.
On the site, you can buy and sell tickets online for concerts, sports, arts and theater, and other events.
- The website makes the ticket buying process easy.
- It’s a well-established website. Ticketmaster was found in 1976! And the Ticketmaster website was launched in 1996, so it’s been around for decades.
- It’s an expansive ticket selling site.
- Sells standard and resale tickets. So, you can get tickets from Event Organizers, and resellers. You can get the added advantage of buying tickets from a primary seller. This means that tickets for in-demand concerts might be cheaper on Ticketmaster than they are elsewhere, provided you’re able to purchase them in time.
- Fees can be higher than they are on some competitor sites.
- For some concerts, prices can be cheaper elsewhere.
- If face value tickets are no longer available, Ticketmaster’s ticket marketplace does not tend to have great prices.
MEGAseats is a secondary ticket marketplace.
You can purchase a range of tickets for sports, such as NFL, concerts, and theater events.
- No service fee tickets.
- Free shipping on tickets.
- The site offers a 100% Guarantee that states that all tickets sold on MEGAseats are guaranteed to be real and get you into the event. And, it ensures that customers know they will receive their tickets on time and without any hassle.
- If an event gets canceled, the site will give you a credit voucher that will be valued at 120% of your purchase cost. This voucher will be valid for 365 days from the date of issue and can be applied towards future purchases for events through the website of your original purchase. You can also get a refund if you prefer that, rather than a voucher. You will receive a full refund for the original order.
- The website is easy to use.
- Some tickets may sell for high prices.
- There’s no 3D seat viewing available.
SeatGeek is an event ticket search engine. It’s another great site to try if you are looking to purchase tickets. It offers tickets for a range of different events, such as concerts, sports, music, horse racing, theater, and WWE. You can sell tickets on there too. SeatGeek also has an app.
- Easy to use website.
- Transparent fees.
- The website has lots of ticket options available.
- 3D interactive seating maps available, which allow you to get a good idea of the view you’ll have based on the tickets that are available.
- Ticket prices are not always the cheapest out there.
5. Event Tickets Center
Event Tickets Center is a ticket site where you can purchase tickets for concerts, sports games, and theater shows nationwide. So, it’s a good ticket resale site.
It is a secondary marketplace.
- Website is simple and easy to navigate.
- You get a 100% refund for your tickets if your order was accepted but not delivered by the seller, your order was accepted, but not delivered in time for the event, or your tickets were not valid for entry. You will also be compensated if the event is canceled and not rescheduled.
- Tickets are often offered at above face value.
TicketCity is an American ticket broker and online marketplace. It offers tickets for sports, concerts, and theater events, and parking.
- Fair ticket prices.
- It’s good for selling tickets too, as it purchases them from you outright.
- Easy to use website.
- Not as large a ticket selection available as other brokers, like StubHub.
TicketNetwork is an online marketplace where you can find tickets for concerts, sports, theater, and music festivals. It is a secondary marketplace.
- All tickets sold on TicketNetwork are guaranteed to be authentic and valid for access to the applicable event or amenity (e.g. parking or hotel accommodations).
- If an event is permanently canceled, you will get a refund.
- Sellers are vetted by the site.
- The site guarantees that your tickets will arrive in time for the event.
- It has a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Fees can be high.
- There aren’t as many tickets available as there are on slightly more popular websites, such as SeatGeek or StubHub.
If you ever wondered, “Is there a cheaper way to buy tickets than Ticketmaster?” Ticketliquidator could be it!
Ticketliquidator is an online marketplace where you can purchase tickets for concerts, sports, and theater events. It is a secondary marketplace ticket seller also known as a ticket resale or ticket broker site..
- Sellers on the site are vetted.
- The site guarantees that your tickets will be legitimate, arrive in time for the event, and be the exact tickets you ordered or comparable alternatives.
- If the event is canceled, you are completely refunded.
- There’s a 100% money-back guarantee.
- No 3D stadium view available.
- The fees can be on the higher side.
- There aren’t as many tickets available on Ticketliquidator compared to more popular websites such as TicketMaster and SeatGeek.
9. Vivid Seats
Vivid Seats is an American, online ticket marketplace where you can buy and sell tickets to sports, concerts, and theater and comedy events nationwide.
- Rewards program available for ticket purchasers.
- 100% buyer guarantee. The company guarantees that your tickets will be delivered in time for the event, or you get your money back. And, if an event is canceled with no rescheduled date, then you receive full compensation of the purchase price, or a credit to use on a future purchase, as determined at the site’s discretion.
- Not the cheapest prices.
- Charges fees, which you can only view after you’ve gone through the checkout process.
- Its fees are higher than some of its competitors.
TickPick is an online marketplace for events. On there, you can find tickets for live events, such as sports, concerts, and theater events.
- Get 100% guaranteed tickets for sports, concerts, and theater events. The company will guarantee that your tickets will be valid for your event, or it will source equal or better ones on the spot.
- No service fees. The price you see on TickPick is the price you will pay at checkout.
- Offers a BestPrice Guarantee. If you find the same seats elsewhere at a better price than TickPick, the site will give you 110% of the price difference in the form of TickPick credit.
- Sometimes there are long delays before you actually receive your tickets.
11. Live Nation
Live Nation is an American events promotor. On the site, you can purchase tickets for tours and festivals. Live Nation is focused on tickets to music events. Live Nation says that it sells 500 million tickets per year.
Overall, the site isn’t as good as the others on the list, because of its high fees. I have included it on the list anyway, as it is a popular ticket website.
- Great for music tickets in particular.
- Allows you to keep up with the artist’s tour.
- If an event is canceled, you get a refund.
- Site is easy to browse and buy tickets from.
- Aside from music events, there isn’t much choice for other event types. For example, if you are looking for tickets to sports events, you’ll be out of luck at Live Nation.
- Fees are high. In fact, in March 2022, U.S. senators urged a probe of Live Nation’s ‘exorbitant fees’ for tickets.
Here are answers to some of the most frequent questions asked when purchasing event tickets.
How do I get legit concert tickets?
Star with a common sense approach, especially fi you are buying from somebody locally or a less reputable site. If you see someone selling a concert ticket for $100 when most tickets are going for $1000, this should raise your red flag.
You can also check the artist or event organizer’s official website as well as big sites like StubHub for tips on getting a legit ticket. Most artists also have fan clubs that you can contact.
Is it better to buy tickets online or in person?
Not necessarily better, but buying tickets online gives you access to a wider selection, more convenient buying options as well as security. Buying via reputable ticket sites means there is less chance of getting scammed vs buying from somebody off of Craigslist or in an alley behind the stadium or arena.
What is the best websites to buy tickets?
There is no one “best” ticket site as it depends what you mean by “best”. If you are looking for the easiest, fastest and no hassle way of buying tickets, big sites like Ticketmaster are the best. If you are looking for the best site to buy tickets for festivals and local events, Live Nation is the best.
That said, the sites mentioned above are the over all best ticket sites.
What’s the best site for getting last-minute tickets?
It happens. You either hear about an event by your favorite artist late or just forget to book your ticket until last minute.
The best site for getting last-minute tickets depends on many factors including the event and the artist. Normally, StubHub and Ticketmaster are the top two sites that offers great last-minute ticket deals. But do keep in mind that you will in mot cases end up paying more for last minute tickets.
If you are looking to purchase tickets for a sporting event, a theater show, or a concert, you have a lot of options available. And if you ever wondered, “is there a cheaper way to buy tickets than Ticketmaster?“, some of these sites can be your answer.
And while you may come across many ticket resale sites, the sites mentioned above are bar far the best sites to buy tickets for concerts and other events.
Share your thoughts