Consider yourself an expert on a subject?
Can you fix things?
Are you making money with your expertise?
Thanks to an app called 6ya, now you can earn money by answering questions in your field of expertise over the phone.
6ya.com (managed by Fixya) is a company that connects those in need of expert advice when it comes to repairs with experts who can help every step of the way.
Join InboxDollars for free. InboxDollars pays you to watch videos, search, shop, take surveys, and more. They have paid out $57 Million so far!
The best part?
As an expert, you can work from home and make your own schedule!
In a way, you’ll be a work at home customer service agent.
Here’s all you need to know to start making money as an expert on 6ya…
Who is 6ya looking for?
The company works with all kinds of professionals in many different areas but there a few requirements.
- You must be at least 21 years or older and be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- You must also have at least two years hands-on, paid experience in the field to which you apply.
- Some areas of expertise require you to have formal training or education. When you apply, the requirements for each topic will become available for you.
- Be prepared to prove education or show certifications if it is required of you.
- Positions in which you were not paid (apprentice positions, job-shadowing, and internship) would not count as experience.
- At this time, experts must have an iPhone. iPhone 4s or newer will work. The reason for this is that most callers prefer to use video chat with their expert. At this time, they only support Apple chat however, they are working on adding Android and desktop options.
- You must also have a good Internet connection whether it be WiFi or mobile data as all calls will take place over the Internet.
These are the main requirements.
Here are categories currently available for which they need experts:
- Arts, Crafts & Hobbies
- Baby Gear
- Camping Equipment
- Cars and Trucks
- Computers and Internet
- Exercise Equipment
- Fishing Equipment
- Furniture & Decor
- Heating & Cooling
- Home Appliances
- Home Security
- Lawn & Garden
- Office Equipment
- Phone & Fax
- Pool & Spa
- Smartphones and Tablets
- Tools & Hardware
- TV & Video
- Video Games
If you can help people with any of these categories, then you can apply to become a paid expert.
Applying For 6ya
To become an expert, you need to fill out an application.
By the way, there is a $100 sign up bonus as well.
There are five steps to the application process but don’t worry, they will help you every step of the way.
Step 1: Complete the application
Visit https://www.6ya.com/experts and fill out the online application. It includes some general questions about yourself and also a more in-depth look at your work experience and what qualifies you to be an expert. This only takes a few minutes.
Step 2: Do a video interview
Once they have reviewed your initial application they may ask you to perform a video interview with one of their professionals. This interview will detail your work history as you prove your expertise.
Step 3: Start helping
After you are done with the first two steps and are approved by the company, you can start helping and making money. You will have to download the 6ya app (iOS – Android) at this point so calls come directly to your phone.
Good to know
Now there are some other things to keep in mind during the application process:
You can apply for more than area as long as you can prove you are an expert. This is a good idea if you are truly qualified as it increases the number of calls you can take each time you log-in.
You can always go in and check on the status of your application once you have applied.
The whole hiring process could take two to three weeks. If you are stressing out or it has been two or three weeks, check in with 6ya and they will give you an update.
Applications cannot be updated. If you think you made a mistake on your application you will have to contact the 6ya team rather than editing your original app.
If you are hired, the company will send you tax documents and some other paperwork you will need to fill out before you start training.
They also provide training sessions which is all done online. Training will cover everything you need to know including 6ya’s rules and regulations as well as expectations of their experts.
Some information will be given for your area but you should already be an expert in your field so don’t expect a huge amount of information to be given about your field.
Once you are hired and have downloaded the app you will be ready to begin taking calls.
Your training will cover how the app works for you and offer resources should you ever have any problems.
Log onto the app when you are ready to take calls and turn your availability on.
At this point, you can choose to either take web-based video chat calls or regular phone calls from customers. You may also choose to accept both.
Calls generally last less than five minutes and are very specific. Be ready for any questions in your field as you start taking calls.
But what happens if you drop or lose a call?
The company has installed a system that allows you to easily reconnect with the customer you were helping.
Always be sure your device is up to date to make sure that dropped calls will not become a norm.
You will be rated by customers
Customers rate you and this is a big part of your job.
Always have a smile on your face and be in a helpful mood.
6ya has shown that even if you don’t know the answer or can’t help the customer if you are happy and polite most of the time they will still give you a good rating.
Even if you don’t know an answer or can’t help the customer over the phone don’t worry about it- sometimes parts need to be ordered or you just plain won’t know the answer. The best thing to do at this point is, to be honest with the customer. They won’t be wasting any more time and can either order parts or get on the line with another expert.
Even if you get a couple of bad ratings, the company will contact and coach you through the issues.
I am not saying you shouldn’t try your best on every call but 6ya understands that things happen sometimes.
If you feel that a customer gave a rating you didn’t deserve you can always contact the company and ask them to review it.
Overall, 6ya has found a great way to connect users and experts. Easy to use software and building on what you already own and use are hallmarks of taking calls for 6ya.
How much can I make as an expert?
Okay so now the important part…
How much money can you earn answering questions and helping people fix things?
You get paid for every call except the ones that last less than one minute.
For all calls lasting longer than one minute, you will make $3.
If your call lasts 10 minutes you will still make $3.
Since most calls last five minutes or less this gives you the opportunity to take around 15-20 calls per hour.
That’s potentially $45-$60 per hour!
You will be paid twice a month; once for the first 15 days and once for the remaining days of the month.
You can opt to be paid by check or via direct deposit.
The company says that payments will be directly deposited within 3 days after the 15th and the last day of the month.
They also say it may take up to a week for a deposit to come through to your account.
First of all, you are technically not working for 6ya as you take calls. You are considered an independent contractor and should file paperwork for taxes or insurance as such.
Keep this in mind when you file taxes. All income must be reported but its always on your account so you won’t have to track down a W-2 or wait for one to come in the mail.
6ya reviews by other experts
As with most things, there are pros and cons to using this app as a way to earn money from home.
Here are some of the positive things people have to say about the app and working with it:
- The biggest part of all this is those who are in need of expert advice. The longer 6ya has been around the more users they have gained and maintained.
- Most callers love the experts and the advice they get but what does that mean for you?
- More calls would be the first thing. In this type of business more calls equals more money.
- Another thing is that people who call know how it works already. All you have to do is sit back, take calls, and share information.
- Another thing that experts love is the fact that reviews are used. For the most part, experts love the reviews because they can find out where they need to improve in customer service and what area of their expertise might need a little brushing up.
- Other reviews show that payment is good and steady (no problems to report).
- Another great thing is that there are no maximum or minimum amount of hours you have to work. This also means you can make your own schedule.
That being said, there are a couple of downsides.
- Sometimes when customers call in their are going through a crisis – their washing machine broke and they don’t have money for a new one or they are late for work and their car won’t start – so they may not be in the best mood. Most experts report that there are a few customers with attitude problems but for the most part it’s smooth sailing.
- Experts also say that management can be a little finicky but that doesn’t stop them from making money.
- Getting hired can be a little tough…just make sure you are truly an expert before applying.
Is it worth it?
If you know how to fix things and can give people step by step instruction on how to do it themselves, you’d be crazy not use your skills to make some extra cash in your spare time.
The beauty of using an app like 6ya is that you can make money from anywhere and anytime.
Overall, if you want to join what seems to be a laid-back company that can earn you some extra cash here and there and you have some expert knowledge, 6ya sounds like the right job for you.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity and apply today.
Let us know how it goes or if you have any other information about 6ya!