In this post, we’ll review Swagbucks Local, a feature of the best rewards site.
Here at Money Pantry, we talk about Swagbucks a lot because it is such an awesome rewards site.
It gives everyone the chance to earn some extra money online.
It really is accessible to everyone as well, because the tasks it offers are so easy.
And, there are so many of them!
Join InboxDollars for free. InboxDollars pays you to watch videos, search, shop, take surveys, and more. They have paid out $57 Million so far!
You can get paid to:
- Play games
- Watch videos
- Answer polls
- Browse the internet
- Shop online
- Complete offers.
Swagbucks gives you points when you do these tasks. These points are called Swag Bucks, and are most commonly referred to as “SB.”
You can then exchange your points for gift cards or money!
Now, in addition to all those tasks that Swagbucks pays you for, the site has another great program on offer.
It’s called Swagbucks Local.
If you want to save money when you dine out, then you might want to give Swagbucks Local a try.
In today’s post, we cover everything you need to know about this awesome program, from what it is, to how it works, to how much money it can put in your pocket.
What is Swagbucks Local?
It’s a feature from Swagbucks that gives you cashback, in the form of points, when you eat and shop. Basically, it’s like cashback shopping!
Most of its offers are for dining, rather than shopping, but there are some shopping offers available as well.
So, if you often eat at restaurants and other eateries, then this feature could help you to make some extra money.
How it Works
In this section, we’re going to cover how SB Local works, from how to sign up to getting your cashback.
1. Sign up
The first step is to sign up for Swagbucks Local.
You can do that by visiting this page.
You can login with your existing Swagbucks account if you have one.
If you don’t have an SB account, then you’ll need to make one, which you can also do on the page we linked you to above.
2. Link your credit or debit card
To get points from SB Local, you need to link a debit card or credit card.
Visit this page and scroll down until you get to where it says, “Start by linking your first credit or debit card now.”
There’s a box where you can enter your card number.
Now, when you link your first card to SB Local, you’ll get a 500 SB Bonus, which is pretty sweet.
It’s secure too, which is awesome.
Not all credit and debit cards are supported.
Currently, SB Local supports VISA and American Express debit and credit cards.
However, SB says, “Not all Visa and American Express cards are eligible for registration and not all transactions with your registered Visa or American Express card are tracked by Visa and American Express.”
These cards are NOT supported by SB Local:
- Visa and American Express Corporate cards
- Visa and American Express Purchasing cards
- Non-reloadable prepaid cards
- Government-administered prepaid cards (including EBT cards)
- Healthcare (including Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or insurance prepaid cards
- Visa Buxx
- Visa- and American Express-branded cards whose transactions are not processed through the Visa U.S.A payment system or American Express payment system (as applicable).
3. Dine and shop at participating places
Once your card is linked, you can get cashback when you dine at thousands of participating places. You just need to make sure that you pay with the card that you linked.
Something important to note is that if you register a debit card, then your transaction needs to be processed as a “credit” (i.e. signature) transaction to ensure that the transaction can be monitored.
When you pay for purchases with your enrolled card, don’t use a Personal Identification Number (PIN) if you want the transaction to be eligible for rewards or offer completion.
Once you’re enrolled in the program, you don’t need to do anything else to get your points, other than linking a card and using that linked card to pay for your transaction.
So, it’s super easy!
4. Get your cashback
You get cashback in the form of Swag Bucks (SB).
The SB you earn is calculated based on the transaction total before taxes and tips, so do take that into consideration.
Now, in terms of how long it takes to be rewarded your SB, each transaction varies.
However, you could see a valid transaction as “Pending” within 3 hours. Then, the SB is credited to your account within 3 days.
How Much Cashback Can You Earn?
Okay, so now you know what Swagbucks Local is, and exactly how it works, you’re probably wondering, how much cashback can you get?
Well, it varies. At the time of writing, the cashback rates on offer varied from 1% to 10%.
And, each cashback offer also has the deal converted to points.
Here are some examples of cashback deals available at the time of writing:
- 1% cashback at Pizza Hut: Earn 1SB Per $1
- 5% cashback Baskin Robbins: Earn 5 SB per $1.
- 5% cashback Saanjh Indian Cuisine: Earn 5 SB per $1.
- 4% cashback IHOP: Earn 4 SB per $1.
- 10% cashback Rhong-Tiam: Earn 10 SB per $1.
- 5% cashback Abercrombie & Fitch: Earn 5 SB per $1.
- 5% cashback Modell’s Sporting Goods: Earn 5 SB per $1.
- 4% cashback Antonio’s Italian Market: Earn 4 SB per $1.
- 5% cashback Tiger Noodles: Earn 5 SB per $5.
Redeeming Your SB
Once your SB has been credited to your account, you can redeem them for gift cards, and money, just like you do when you earn SB for other tasks, like playing games, watching videos, or shopping online.
To put it simply, 1 SB is equal to $0.01. So, you need 500 SB, to get a reward that’s worth $5, or 2,500 points to get a $25 reward, for example.
Swagbucks offers tons of different rewards options:
- PayPal $25: 2500 SB.
- Amazon.com $25 Gift Card: 2500 SB.
- Amazon.com $3 Gift Card: 300 SB.
- Amazon.com $10 Gift Card: 1000 SB
- Amazon.com $5 Gift Card: 500 SB.
- Walmart $25 Gift Card: 2500 SB
- Walmart $10 Gift Card: 1000 SB
- Walmart $5 Gift Card: 500 SB
- Visa $25 Reward Card: 2450 SB (this card was on sale for 2% off)
- Visa $10 Reward Card: 990 SB (this card was on sale for 2% off)
- Target $25 Gift Card: 2500 SB
- Target $10 Gift Card: 1000 SB
- Target $5 Gift Card: 500 SB
- eBay $25 Gift Card: 2500 SB
- eBay $5 Gift Card: 500 SB
- Best Buy $25 Gift Card: 2500 SB
- Starbucks $25 Gift Card: 2500 SB
- Domino’s $5 Gift Card: 500 SB
- Barnes & Noble $5 Gift Card: 500 SB
So, as you can see, there are tons of different gift cards options.
Those were just a few examples available at the time of writing. Whether you earned by taking online surveys, play games, cashback shopping, watching videos or dining out, you can redeem your points for a whole bunch of different prizes.
This is another one of the reasons Swagbucks is so great because it does offer such a huge range of gift card options.
This means that wherever you shop, you’re likely to be able to find a gift card for it, and if you prefer money, then you can get this too, right to your PayPal account, or on a Visa Reward card.
Swagbucks Local is a good cashback program for anyone who’s looking to get cashback when they dine out.
Also, it’s legit.
It’s another feature offered by Swagbucks, which is a hugely popular rewards website. It has more than 14,000 reviews on Trustpilot, where it has 4.5 stars, which means that it’s rated “Excellent.”
Here’s what customers on Trustpilot have to say about SB:
- “Swagbucks is a Great way to get money or gift cards. There are many ways to make money online. I would recommend Swagbucks to everyone. I enjoy talking their surveys and it is easy to take. I have cashed out many times on this panel that I keep coming back to taking their surveys.”
- “I love Swagbucks!! The extra money I’m getting is what I use for Christmas!”
So, it’s definitely a legit way to get cashback.
Overall, if you’re looking to get cashback when you dine out, give Swagbucks Local a try. It’s so easy. Once you’ve linked your debit or credit card, you don’t need to redeem offers, or do anything else!
Just use your linked card to pay, and you’ll get cashback with no extra effort.
So, give Swagbucks Local a try, and let us know how it goes for you in the comments section.