Want to make money just from using your smartphone?
Well, with Slidejoy you can!
In this Slidejoy review, I’ll tell you exactly how this app works and how you can use this app to make money with.
What is Slidejoy?
Slidejoy is a lock screen app that pays you for displaying content on your phone’s lock screen.
The app has been featured by well-known media outlets, like:
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get $5 Instantly!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
Smart App: Earn $15 a month just for installing their free app, plus loyalty bonus every three months! Join Smart App Now
Daily Goodie Box: Want free stuff? DGB will send you a box of free goodies (Free Shipping - No Credit Card). Get your box now!
Branded Surveys: This survey panel pays you $1 just for signing up today & they pay via PayPal within 48 hours! Join Branded Surveys
- The Today Show
- Wall Street Journal
- Business Insider
Now, this app is only available to Android users, unfortunately for iOS users.
There are lots of other apps that you can use to make money from your phone though, so check out this post for ones that are available to iOS users.
Where to get Slidejoy:
How it Works
Here’s how you can make money with Slidejoy.
Make money from your phone’s lockscreen
Slidejoy shows you the latest trending news and personalized ads on the lockscreen of your phone. And you get paid in return for displaying this content.
The app gives you points called Carats.
Now, you don’t have to do anything other than allowing the app to display news and ads on your phone’s lock screen.
That’s all you need to do. Just unlock your phone as you normally would, and you’ll earn points.
Once the app is installed on your phone, you can choose how to interact with the content on your lock screen:
- You can swipe up on your lockscreen to see more news.
- You can slide right on your lockscreen to unlock your phone and go to your home screen.
- You can slide left on your lockscreen to get more information on the content.
- You can swipe down on your lockscreen to access your notifications and app shortcut menu.
Swiping more ads won’t get you more points. To get your rewards, you don’t have to slide left, tap for money or doing anything else other than use your phone as you usually would.
You can also make money with surveys and games, but the main focus of the app is earning from your phone’s lock screen.
How much are points on Slidejoy worth?
1,000 Carats is equal to $1.
You will need to have 2,000 Carats and have used Slidejoy for one month before you can redeem your points.
That might be a bit too long for some people. but when you consider that this is one the few apps that give you gift cards for practically doing nothing, it makes it a no brainer to use.
Redeem your rewards
You can redeem your Carats for money or gift cards. You can also donate the money to charity. The app gives you Carats daily the next day.
What rewards are available?
You can redeem your points for gift cards to retailers and brands, like:
- Google Play Store (Easy way to earn free Google Play credits)
And if you enjoy playing on Steam, you can also redeem your points for Steam gift cards. It’s an easy way to earn free Steam Wallet Codes.
You can also donate your earnings to charity, or redeem them to a Visa Prepaid Card.
Although Slidejoy still says on the app store that you can redeem your points for money to your PayPal account, this redemption option doesn’t seem to be available anymore.
How Much Money Can You Make with Slidejoy?
Here’s what a few people on Reddit say they’ve earned with the app:
- “I’ve been using Slidejoy for a few weeks now and for me it varies quite significantly. That said, I do generally make between 30 and 60 points a day which I believe is roughly around $0.03-$0.06. This is with fairly regular use throughout the day but still nothing excessive compared to some people.”
- “it took me 10 months to earn 5$”
- “I have made $0.034 a day since December 18. I’m deleting it after I cash out because it’s terrible these days. I used to make $2-5 a month in 2016, but since April 2017 I’ve cashed out 2 times ($2 each time).”
Is Slidejoy Legit?
Slidejoy is a popular app with more than 98,000 reviews on the Google Play Store.
It has a four-star rating, which is pretty impressive! So it’s a well-reviewed app.
Below, I’ll cover what the good reviews and the bad reviews have to say about this app.
Let’s start out with the good reviews – there were plenty of them!
The positive reviews praised the app for allowing them to make money easily. Most reviewers liked that they could earn money just by using their phone as they normally would.
Here’s what some of the positive reviews had to say:
- “Great! Been using for a few months, no hassle just a lock screen and then after a couple of months able to withdraw. Have withdrawn nearly £10 from the game so far definitely would download!!”
- “I’ve already cashed in once, got $15 or so in Uber credits if I remember correctly. Very easy and reliable, I would have given it 5 stars but it just takes so long to build up enough points to cash in.”
- “It’s slow, but they do what they say. Free money is never easy to find, At least you don’t have to do anything but to just use your device as you normally would. After all they ain’t charging you anything. I’m grateful and happy :)”
There were more good reviews of the app than bad ones. The reviewers who complained mentioned that PayPal cashouts did not work anymore.
So, it seems like the app is only good for earning gift cards, not actual cash.
This reviewer mentions this issue:
- “Used to be good. cashing out one last time then looking elsewhere. impossible to get ahold of devs and paypal option has been removed since summer 2019 with promise of its return, with no word since. Recently they also removed the paypal icon in the redemption menu all together.”
Is Slidejoy Worth It?
Slidejoy gives you money for using your phone as you normally do. So it’s a hassle free way to make beer money.
If you don’t mind having some ads and news displayed on your phone’s lock screen then you might want to give it a go.
The only problem is that cashing out your points to PayPal doesn’t seem to be a redemption option anymore.
This means that if you want to get cash, rather than gift cards, the app may not be for you.
Now, if you’re looking to earn gift cards, then give Slidejoy a try.
It’s well-reviewed and allows you to make money passively. Earnings don’t build up particularly fast, as they do on sites like Swagbucks, but it’s so easy!
Have you ever used Slidejoy before and if so, how would you review Slidejoy? Let us know about your experience with the app in the comments section below.