Getting cashback is a great way to save money, and we all want to save money, right?
If you have been searching for cashback apps and websites, you may have come across Shopmium.
Is it legit though, or are there better rebate apps out there?
In today’s post, we’ll cover the key features of Shopmium, and tell you whether or not it’s worth your time.
What will I learn?
What is Shopmium?
Shopmium is a cashback app that you can use to save money at a variety of stores.
Shopmium was founded in France in 2011. In 2015, Shopmium joined Quotient Technology Inc., which is a U.S. based organization founded in 1998 that owns one of the best coupon sites, Coupons.com.
Panel Payday: Earn up to $75 per survey. They also pay up to $50/hr for mystery shopping. Join Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
KashKick: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
Panda Research: Join Panda Research and make more money for doing surveys and offers. Earn up to $50 per survey!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours by PayPal! Join Branded Surveys
Toluna: Earn PayPal, Amazon & Tango e-vouchers for taking surveys (& product testing!). Join & get 500 bonus!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $5 instantly!
The app was originally only available to those in the UK, France, and Belgium, but in the fall of 2022, the Shopimum app launched in the US.
How Does Shopmium Work?
With Shopmium, you can get paid to upload receipts.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the free app. It’s available for iOS devices and Android And, create your account.
- Then browse the app to view available products and offers. When you find an offer you want, tap the offer to activate it. Make sure you tap to activate the ones you want to use before you make your purchase.
- Find the featured products in your local stores or online. You can use the app’s handy location feature to check if they are available near you.
- Purchase the required product or products for your offers and make sure you keep the receipt. If you are shopping online, save the PDF receipt.
- Take a photo of your receipt or upload the PDF, and scan the products’ barcodes. Then, you’ll get cashback.
Shopmium also allows you to store all of your loyalty cards directly in the app.
And, you can get a free welcome gift and a bonus for referring friends.
How Does Shopmium Pay Out?
You get your cashback paid to your PayPal account.
Once you redeem a cashback offer, it’s typically processed within 2 business days.
There is no minimum payout threshold.
What stores are available on Shopmium?
The stores and brands available to you will vary depending on the country you reside in.
Shopmium is currently available in the following countries:
- The United Kingdom
- The United States
On the U.S. site, Shopmium says that it partners with more than 500 of the biggest product manufacturers, such as Nestle, SC Johnson, and PepsiCo.
When I browsed offers, I could see lots of different brands and products featured, such as:
- Fancy Feast
- Angel Soft
In the UK, you’ll find offers available from Shopmium at major retailers, including:
- The Co-Op
- Holland & Barret
Basically, Shopmium helps you to save on groceries, personal care products, and other everyday essentials.
Is Shopmium Legit?
Shopmium is a legit platform that you can use to get rebates on purchases in-store and online.
Here’s how Shopmium is rated on a few different platforms:
- Trustpliot: 3.2 stars, which is a rating of “Average.”
- The Google Play store: 4.2 stars.
- The App Store: 4.8 stars
As you can see, the Shopmium app is pretty well-rated on the Google Play store and the App Store, but it has an average rating from Trustpilot. It seems like most users have had a positive experience with Shopmium.
Many praise the app for how well it works.
One user on the Google Play store says:
- “This is really easy. All you do is select an item, go buy said item, make sure it’s for it exactly. Then you upload receipt, scan each items barcode and submit. Wait for money to come through. It’s so easy. First time I made $5.”
Another user says:
- “Highly recommend pros out weigh the cons. Biggest Con: No linking to online shopping accounts, must take screenshots of online orders/receipts. Cons: A little confusing to navigate at first to start cash back process. No referral program. Biggest pro: No minimum amountto withdraw Other Pros: Decent selection of products to earn cash back. High paying offers. Pays directly to Pay Pal.”
One the app store, one user praises Shopmium, saying:
- “Sceptical at first but very impressed. As the title says going into this I was sceptical as I am with all cash back sites. Having tested it out on a couple of products first impression was very smooth, cashback paid within 2days direct back to me through PayPal. Have used it several times since and no problems at all so far.”
There were also some negative reviews of the app. I saw a few complaints on Trustpliot about receipts being rejected by Shopmium.
One user on Trustpilot says:
- “Becoming unreliable? I’ve used Shopmium for years now and claimed cash back countless times. Over the last month or so my receipts keeps being rejected for not showing the original place of purchase and / or the item clearly. I always make sure they are not blurry and shows all the details. The rejection comes after a week, so hard to trace the receipts. Sadly, there’s no way of getting in touch with Shopmium which is a real shame.”
Shopmium Pros & Cons
Here are some pros and cons of Shopmium that can help you to decide whether or not the app is for you.
Here are the pros of Shopmium:
- Pays you to your PayPal account.
- No payout threshold in the US
- Cashback offers from well-known brands available.
- Relatively quick payout processing time.
- Some high value cashback offers available, such as 100% cashback.
- Works online and in-store.
- Well-reviewed on both the Google Play store and the App store.
Here are the cons of Shopmium:
- Shopmium isn’t the best option for getting cashback online. It works better in-store, rather than online because you have to upload receipts to get a rebate. Sites like Mr. Rebates and Rakuten don’t require you to upload receipts when shopping online. You simply click on the store you want to shop at, complete your order, and get cashback. So, those sites can be more convenient for getting cashback online.
- The contact form is hard to find. It’s buried in the company’s help center.
Overall, Shopmium is a legit app that features some high-paying cashback offers. The fact that it also has no minimum payout threshold in the United States and it pays via PayPal is also great. You can get real money fast.
However, the request for cashback does take a few steps as you need to upload the receipt photo and scan product codes. That’s not too dissimilar to Ibotta. Still though, it’s a bit of an inconvenience having to complete these steps.
Also, be sure that you only use offers for products that you actually want. If you end up purchasing items you didn’t really need, just to get the cashback, then it’s not really saving money.
Overall though, Shopimium is a good option for anyone who wants to get rebates when they shop in-store. For online shopping, I do think that you’d be better off with other cashback sites and apps like Topcashback and Mr. Rebates.
Have you ever used Shopmium? If so, feel free to leave your own Shopmium review in the comments section below.
Share your thoughts