There are plenty of ways to make money, and one you might want to consider is mystery shopping.
It’s a great money-making option because there’s a demand for mystery shoppers.
In tests conducted by the MSPA (Mystery Shopping Providers Association) on how many businesses were using mystery shopping, it was found that more than 8.1 million mystery shops were conducted and the businesses who employed mystery shopping as a market research technique saw, on average, growth of over 10%.
There are lots of mystery shopping jobs out there and one app that you may have come across is Mobee. It’s a mystery shopping app that pays you for visiting local businesses.
In today’s Mobee App review, we’ll cover how it works, how much it pays, and, most importantly, whether or not its legit.
What will I learn?
What is Mobee?
Mobee is a mystery shopping app founded in 2011 and owned by Wiser Solutions, Inc. It allows users to earn points when they visit stores that can be redeemed for a bunch of different rewards.
KashKick: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
Earn Haus: Earn up to $25 per survey. Plus same-day payments via PayPal, Venmo & Check! Join Earn Haus!
Prime Opinion: Join Prime Opinion and earn up to $5 per survey! No minimum cash out requirement. Get $5 Bonus Now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $10 instantly!
The app is available for iOS devices and Android devices.
Here’s where you can get the app:
How Does Mobee Work?
Here’s how the Mobee app works:
- Step One: Download the app. It’s free to download on any Android or iOS device. And, create a user profile.
- Step Two: Find a mission near you. Mobee will show you any available secret shopper missions in your area. Once you have chosen a mission, you can head on over to the location to start shopping.
- Step Three: Complete the mission. You will need to visit local stores. You may need to do tasks like answer survey questions and take photos inside the store. Each mission says what is expected of you. So, you’ll know what each mission entails.
- Step Four: Earn points. For every approved mission you complete, you will earn points.
- Step Five: Redeem points. You can redeem your points for rewards in as little as 48 hours.
How much are Mobee points worth?
Every Mobee point is worth a cent ($0.01). So, to earn a $1, you would need 100 points.
How much does Mobee pay you?
Mobee gives you points for each mission that you complete. The number of points you’ll earn varies depending on the mission’s complexity and location.
Most missions pay between 100 and 400 points, which is $1 to $4. But, you can earn anywhere between 100 points and 1,000 points per mission.
This means you could earn as little as $1 per mission or as much as $10 per mission.
How Does Mobee App Pay You?
You can redeem your points for gift cards. The minimum amount you can redeem is $5, or 5,000 points.
There are gift cards available for a variety of brands, such as:
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
There are no PayPal payments available. So, that’s not ideal if you’re looking for apps that pay you by PayPal. You can get a VISA card though, and then use that in places that accept VISA. A lot of retailers accept VISA.
Is Mobee Legit?
Mobee is a legit app that’s pretty well-reviewed online. It has 3.9 stars on the Google Play Store and 4.3 stars on the App Store.
Many users praise Mobee for giving them an easy way to earn some gift cards.
One user on the App Store says:
- “Fun extra cash. I do missions while I’m already out to pick up a little extra cash in gift cards. If you have the 500 points for the $5 gift card you can literally cash them in, check your email and use the card right away! It is true some missions only pay 150 points ($1.50), but it adds up quickly if you keep an eye out for stuff near you.”
There were also some negative reviews of Mobee. The most common complaint I saw from users was that the app doesn’t always approve missions.
- “I am getting very frustrated with this app. It seems it is harder to get missions approved. I have gotten mission denied because they say the picture is blurry and it’s not. I have done the same missions three times every which way I think they want it done and it still gets denied. And even if you try and fight it they still deny it. Not sure if this is really worth my time.”
Other complaints were that some of the missions had instructions that were vague or confusing, and that when users arrived at the location, the mission was no longer available, wasting time, and often gas.
Pros and Cons
Here are some pros and cons of Mobee that will help you to decide whether to use the app:
Here are the pros of Mobee:
- Missions often include easy tasks.
- Missions are often quick to complete.
- There are lots of different gift card options available.
- Quick and easy to register and get started making money with Mobee.
Here are the cons of Mobee:
- No PayPal payments available. Only gift cards.
- Pay rate isn’t the highest.
- The app can reject your missions for minor things. I saw quite a few users complaining about this. So, there’s the risk of working for free.
- There may be a lack of missions in some areas. So, depending on where you live, you may find very few or no missions in your area.
Overall, Mobee is a legit app that you can use to earn money completing secret shopper missions.
However, the app does have its drawbacks. Namely the fact that it can be pretty picky and can reject your missions for minor things. This means that you could end up spending a bunch of time doing a mission, only to have it rejected and not be paid for it.
Another downside to Mobee is that it doesn’t offer PayPal payments. So, if PayPal money is what you’re after, then Mobee isn’t for you.
If you are looking to earn some free gift cards though just by completing secret shopper missions, then give Mobee a try.
Have you ever tried Mobee? If so, feel free to leave your own Mobee App review in the comments section below.