With so many side hustles and beer-money types of “gigs” proliferating the Internet, it’s not always easy to identify opportunities with real income potential.
If you’re truly interested in finding new ways to make money online, though, you keep looking.
Now your search is over.
Thanks to an app called Dolly.
This app offers real opportunities to people who have strong backs and are interested in getting paid to help people move items such as furniture, appliances and other things.
Join InboxDollars for free. InboxDollars pays you to watch videos, search, shop, take surveys, and more. They have paid out $57 Million so far!
If you have a pickup truck, your luck’s even better as you can double your hourly rate!
What is Dolly?
Dolly is an app that pairs people in need of a little help, a lot of muscle or a truck, with people who have these things to offer. Many have referred to Dolly as “the Uber for moving stuff”.
Dolly offers affordable moving solutions for people while giving people like you an opportunity to earn a solid income for your time and your muscle.
The founders of Dolly were looking to provide a better way to move that offered greater freedom for those who were moving and opportunities for people interested in making money.
As things stand, Dolly delivers, no pun intended, by creating freedom for all parties.
The Dolly app connects people who are moving or need items delivered to people in the area who have trucks and are willing to help deliver these items.
How to get started with Dolly
Unlike other apps and services, you don’t simply download an app and dive right in.
There is a process involved in signing up with Dolly that begins with you choosing the role you wish to apply for.
Currently, there are two options to consider:
- Helper: Helpers are people who own pickup trucks, box trucks, or cargo vans they are willing to use for the job and can lift more than 75 pounds.
- Hand: Hands can lift more than 75 pounds and own their own cars but do not own trucks.
Here’s how you can get started in few easy steps:
- Step 1: First, visit https://dolly.com/helpers/ and click on either “Apply as a Helper” or “Apply as a Hand” link.
- Step 2: Fill out the form.
- Step 3: Download the app.
- Step 4: Start making money.
Here are more details about each step and what’s involved:
Choosing your role
Hands get paid a minimum of $15 per hour while helpers make $30 per hour or more.
It is important to know that you will not be considered an employee of Dolly.
Instead, you are an independent contractor.
You will also not be alone.
While Dolly is only currently available in seven cities, there are more than 2,000 people currently working through the App.
Fill out the form
Then you must fill out the web form that will ask a variety of informational questions as well as questions about your availability.
You will also be asked to provide information about your vehicle (make, model, year, etc.) and the type of phone you have.
Once you’ve filled out the application, Dolly will conduct a background check.
You can also use the application to indicate if you wish to work with a friend or family member as part of a two-person team.
Download the app
After you are “hired” you need to download the app if you haven’t done so already.
Here are the places where you can download the app:
This is how you will learn about available jobs you can pick up to begin earning money!
How does Dolly work?
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you can see jobs that are available.
Some of these jobs will be large, like moving the contents of an apartment or a house.
Other jobs are simple deliveries.
These are just a few of the types of deliveries you might be asked to do when working through the Dolly App:
- Junk removal
- Moving storage lockers.
- Delivering items for retail stores.
- Picking up or dropping off Craigslist items.
- Dropping off or collecting charitable donations.
- Helping small business owners move office locations.
You get to choose the jobs that are most appealing to you based on the time it will take, the day it’s available, and how much the job will pay.
Benefits of working with Dolly
The difference with this one is that it requires a little more backbone in the labor department and a truck or cargo van to get the job done.
There are a few substantial benefits to consider, though, when it comes to using the Dolly app.
- You get paid every week for the work you did the week before.
- You have the opportunity to earn real money rather than chump change.
- You don’t have to haggle with customers over price – the price is already set and you may either agree to that price when you accept the job or pass on the job to take another.
- Ultimate flexibility. If you’re busy one week and can’t work, no problem. Work on your schedule.
- You make money for helping real people.
- Tipping is allowed so you can make even more by offering exceptional service.
Very few on-demand earning opportunities offer the earning potential Dolly brings to the table.
What do users get from the Dolly app?
The bottom line is that it has to be beneficial to both parties for the income stream to continue.
People choose to use this app for a variety of reasons.
It’s like one of those moving hacks that comes with many benefits.
Those listed below are among the most popular reasons people turn to apps, like Dolly, to make sure their items get moved or delivered as needed.
- Vetted movers: This is more important than you may realize. Not only does Dolly conduct a background check before hiring helpers and hands, but it allows previous users to provide feedback about their experiences and rate their helpers.
- Affordable services: Professional moving companies may charge for half-day minimums and their fees aren’t always affordable. Dolly offers on-demand services that are appropriate for the size and scale of the job.
- Eliminates the need for expensive rental trucks: Rental trucks also often charge by the day making a job that will only require a couple hours of time much less affordable. Using something like Dolly makes it easier for you to save money when moving.
- Brings its own backbone: Sometimes, what is really needed is a little extra muscle. Dolly helpers and hands bring that along with them. It’s included in the price, which is ideal for elderly people who need a little help, single women, and others who simply prefer to pay someone else to do the heavy lifting.
- Prompt, on-demand service: This means users don’t need to plan weeks or months in advance to make major appliance purchases, buy that big screen television to watch the Super Bowl or move to another home or apartment.
Everyone has his or her own reason for hiring helpers and hands, but these are among the most common.
What kind of stuff will I have to move?
You may be asked to move a variety of items for Dolly users.
For instance, during the holidays, you may be asked to move large holiday decorations from storage units to home (and back again after the holidays).
You may be asked to deliver a ton of large-screen televisions in the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl.
You may be asked to move wedding supplies and decorations, along with any of the following items – and more.
- Apartment furniture and possessions when people are moving households.
- Appliances (you might be asked to deliver and move new appliances into place while also delivering old appliances to donation centers).
- Charitable donations.
- Home improvement supplies.
- Hot tubs.
- Exercise equipment.
The sky is the limit when it comes to helpful ways you can move items for families throughout your area.
How much money can you make with Dolly?
It depends on what you choose.
Here’s what people can make with Dolly according to the company:
- Helper: $30 per hour
- Hands: $15 per hour
There are tons of reviews online (especially on Reddit and other similar forums) from both Helpers and Hands.
While there are a variety of people raving about the benefits of using the service, from the buying end, drivers on the world wide web seem oddly tight-lipped about actual income experiences.
Considering that there are more than 2,000 people working with Dolly, and it is currently only available in a handful of cities, and growing, it sounds like helpers and hands are pretty pleased with their incomes.
The Dolly website also claims drivers can earn up to $1,000 per week.
While no one is discussing the exact numbers online, there are some who have commented on a sort of “feast or famine” cycle in which one week offers plenty of work and the following week next to nothing.
In other words, most people cannot rely on Dolly for a full-time income, but it does offer outstanding potential as a lucrative side gig.
What cities is Dolly available in?
While Dolly is always seeking to expand and add new cities to its list of offerings, it is not yet a nationwide service.
Dolly is currently only available in seven U.S. cities:
- San Diego
If you aren’t fortunate enough to live in one of these large cities, don’t give up.
Keep checking in to see if the service has expanded to your city.
Better yet, fill out the form on the website to add your ZIP code to the list of places you’d like to see the service offered.
Is working for Dolly worth it?
As with most income opportunities, there are a few considerations to keep in mind.
You will want to take a few things into account when deciding if $15 or $30 plus is worth the work you’re required to do – especially in light of a few potential hiccups.
- Potential insurance problems: Contact your auto insurance provider to determine if your activities delivering for Dolly is covered by your policy and what your options are if they are not.
- Back pain: It’s no laughing matter and the leading cause of days missed in the office. Is your work with Dolly going to interfere with your ability to earn at your day job?
- Time: Do you have the hours each week to commit to earning money with the Dolly app?
- Feast or famine cycle: Do you have a regular income to help moderate the slow periods with Dolly and a family patient enough to miss you when business is booming?
If you’re like most people, the promise of honest income from your efforts is very tempting.
Dolly offers you the chance to earn a decent income on the side rather than pennies for your time.
So, to end this review of the Dolly app, I think the big question is whether or not you’re willing to do the heavy lifting, the pun may have been intended this time, to make it happen?
Have you had an experience working with Dolly? Drop us a line and let us know!