While there are Amazon alternatives out there, Amazon is the biggest online retailer and one of the best deal sites to find stuff at low prices.
I’m always buying stuff there. Factor in that I’m also a Prime member, so I get free shipping too! So it works out well.
But is Amazon the only place where you can buy stuff for cheap?
There are plenty of sites like Amazon but cheaper and better where you can find amazing deals on products.
Pro tip: If after comparing prices on these sites you realize what you are buying is still cheaper on Amazon, use these Amazon shopping hacks to get the same item for cheaper.
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get $5 Instantly!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
Daily Goodie Box: Want free stuff? DGB will send you a box of free goodies (Free Shipping - No Credit Card). Get your box now!
Opinion OutPost: Join & get your share of over $400,000.00 a month they pay to their survey takers. Join Opinion Outpost
KashKick: Get paid directly to your PayPal! KashKick pays you doing fun things online! Join KashKick Now!
Pinecone Research: Be the first to test emerging concepts for a variety of products. Earn $3 per survey! Join Pinecone Research Now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
You might also be looking for eCommerce sites like Amazon if you’re looking to sell stuff.
Amazon has become a hugely popular place for people to sell their stuff, whether it’s through FBA, Amazon Handmade or Amazon Trade-in. It’s certainly not your only choice though.
In today’s post, I’m going to list some of the best websites like Amazon for both buyers or sellers!
I’ve even categorized them so you can find exactly what you are looking for.
Best Websites like Amazon for Shopping
So where can you shop online instead of Amazon and still get great deals and discounts? Give some of these online shopping sites like Amazon a try.
Since its birth on September 3, 1995, there have been a lot of sites like eBay that have come and gone but eBay still remains one of the biggest eCommerce platforms around and one of the top competitors of Amazon.
It’s a good alternative because:
- You get free shipping on lots of items
- It offers low prices
- You get a huge selection of products all in one place.
- You can bid on items or buy them outright
Here’s why you should consider Target:
- Save 5% with the Target RedCard
- Same day delivery available
- Super low prices
- Lots of promos available, like, at the time of writing, 25% off and a free gift card with purchase.
When it comes to the question of, “Who is Amazon’s biggest competitor?“, Walmart is the top answer, especially now that they have intruded their version of Prime membership, Walmart Plus.
Walmart.com is a great place to shop, because:
- You can find items at really low prices
- Free shipping is available on orders of $35 or more.
- Lots of deals and promos available, like, at the time of writing, fashion under $15 and 20% off kid’s toys.
Wish (review) is an app that can give you some huge savings when you shop.
Here’s why you might want to consider it:
- Get 60% to 90% off products.
- Great for clothes, shoes, home goods and many more categories
- You can collect points for each purchase and redeem them for reward coupons.
AliExpress is another one to consider, because:
- You can get free shipping on more than 75% of items on the platform.
- The app offers thousands of brands and millions of items.
- The prices are really affordable.
- There’s buyer protection available on all your purchases
- There are often coupons, discounts, and flash and super deals available that can save you more!
If it’s tech deals that you’re after, then you may want to check out Geek.
It has lots to offer, including:
- Products at 50% to 80% off
- Deals on a range of tech items, like:
- Phone upgrades
- Car accessories
It’s a good app to use if you’re shopping for electronics.
A lot of people look at Overstock as a “Conservative alternative to Amazon” mainly because they don’t like how big Amazon has gotten and some of their practices (especially the way they allegedly treat their employees) that have been on the news lately.
Whatever your reason is for wanting to shop elsewhere, Overstock is a good option especially if you are shopping for stuff for your home.
- Get free shipping
- Receive 15% off and access to exclusive offers when you sign up for emails
- There’s a sale, clearance, and flash deals section. You can find so many savings on the site, like 20% off.
And if you join the site’s rewards program to get extra savings, like:
- Get 5% back in rewards on every purchase.
- Free returns.
- Price match guarantee.
- Earn up to 40% rewards in the Club O Extra Rewards Store. New products are added every week. So you can earn more rewards while shopping for new items.
Looking for Amazon alternatives for buying and selling books? Give Barnes & Noble a try:
- There’s a large selection of titles available.
- Free shipping is available for orders more than $35
- B&N often provides promos that can get you books at super low prices.
And if you become a Barnes & Noble member (costs $25 to join) you’ll get access to lots of benefits like:
- 20% off your first purchase
- 10% off in-store
- Free shipping with no minimum purchase required
Rakuten differs from the other places on this list. It’s a cashback website where you can find awesome deals.
Here’s why you might want to consider Rakuten over Amazon:
- Get a $10 bonus just for signing up
- Get up to 40% cashback
- Shop at 4,000 stores
- There are coupons available too
If you want an Amazon alternative for electronics where you can get deals on a computer, laptop, tablets and other gadgets, I’d recommend shopping through Newegg.
- The website offers low prices on computer products, laptop computers, LED LCD TVs, digital cameras, electronics, unlocked phones, office supplies and more.
- Get 10% off your order when you sign up for emails. You can get promo codes sent right to your inbox.
- There’s a deals section of the site where you can find big savings.
- Items from popular brands available, like ACER, Lenovo, and Samsung.
As it is, Newegg is one of the best online tech deal sites but what makes it even better is that you can always find promo codes and coupons for it that sometime scan even cut prices in half.
Fruugo is an online marketplace where you can shop for products in multiple categories.
Here’s why you should consider the site:
- There are more than 1 million deals and discounts available on the site.
- Shop tons of categories, like:
- Sports equipment
- Pet supplies
- Home & Garden
- Health & Beauty
- Home Décor & Furnishings
BuyDig.com describes itself as “the Internet’s Digital Superstore”. If you’re looking for TVs, and other electronics, the site is for you.
Here’s why you should consider the site:
- Free shipping
- 45-day returns
- Lots of coupons and deals available on there. For example, there are daily deals available that can get you up to 80% off.
You can find products across multiple categories, like:
- TV & Entertainment
- Home & Garden
- Cellular & Auto
- Office products
- Health & Wellness
- Sports & Fitness
If it’s clothes you’re looking to get a good deal on have a look at Poshmark.
It’s a website and app where you can buy new and gently used clothing and fashion items.
Here’s why you might want to consider Poshmark over Amazon:
- Shop more than 9,000 brands
- Clothes are available in every size from plus size to petites to juniors.
- Get deals up to 70% off retail price.
Looking to buy shoes at affordable prices? Zappos could be the website for you.
- Get free shipping
- There are 1,000s of styles of shoes to choose from.
- You can buy men’s and women’s clothing on there.
- Get free returns
- There’s a really generous 365-day return policy.
15. Best Buy
You can get some great deals on electronics and appliances from Best Buy.
Here’s why you might want to buy stuff from Best Buy:
- Sign up for emails and get deals.
- There are savings events available, like save up to 40% on clearance and open box. You can find sections of the site just with deals too.
- Get free 2-day shipping on thousands of items.
Alternatives to Amazon for Selling Your Stuff
Are you planning to sell stuff online but want to know if there are any sites like Amazon that you could use?
In this section, I’ll list some great websites where you can sell your stuff!
You can sell online with Walmart.com by signing up for Walmart Marketplace.
Here’s why you should consider Walmart Marketplace over Amazon:
- Put your products in front of millions of Walmart shoppers.
- No monthly or set up fees. You’re just charged a referral fee when your item sells.
- Walmart is a huge company so it can give your products a lot of exposure.
When it comes to ethical alternatives to Amazon, Etsy definitely tops the list.
Here’s why you might want to sell through Etsy rather than Amazon:
- There are millions of customers on there.
- If you sell craft type, art, or vintage items you get a more targeted audience of buyers.
- There’s no monthly fee for using the site.
- It’s quick and easy to set up a store on there.
Lots of us have old tech items we just don’t use. Selling them to Gazelle is a great option. Here’s why:
- You can get an offer for your items in less than a minute
- Ship items for free if they are worth a $1 or more.
- Get paid by PayPal, check, or Amazon gift card.
- Sell lots of different devices, like iPhones, Android phones, and MacBooks.
Amazon is a huge site, sure. That’s why so many people choose to sell through the platform. But what site is arguably as popular if not more so than Amazon?
That’s why you might want to consider using Google for Retail.
Google for Retail offers you a way to lead customers to your own store. It helps sellers to showcase their products to shoppers through Google’s search.
Basically, you create the product ads that show up in a Google search when people are shopping.
You can also sell your products directly on Google.
Here’s what it has to offer and why you should consider Google for Retail as an alternative to Amazon:
- You can reach 100s of millions of people who do shopping related searches on Google each day.
- Direct sales to your own site.
- Sell directly on Google with zero commission fees.
- Get access to lots of features like:
- Smart shopping campaigns
- Discovery ads
- Local campaigns
- Local inventory ads
- Search campaigns
- Get access to Google analytics so you can see how your site, ads, and apps are performing.
You can look at Bonanza as a smaller Etsy alternative.
Here’s why you might want to consider Bonanza:
- List stuff for free
- Sell across lots of categories.
- There’s less competition than you’d find on Amazon.
Decluttr is one of the top apps for buying & selling stuff locally.
If you’re looking to sell some stuff from around your home, you may want to consider Decluttr.
- Sell lots of used items, like:
- You can visit the site and get a quote for your stuff, and then ship your items to Decluttr for free.
- You get paid the next day.
- Choose to get paid by PayPal, check, or direct deposit.
Zibbet is a great Amazon replacement because:
- You can sell on multiple channels, like
- Facebook Shop
- Zibbet Marketplace
- C. Moore Marketplace
- Stitch websites.
- List the item once and you’ll sell it across multiple sales channels. This can save you a lot of time.
Rather than using Amazon, consider selling on your own website with Shopify. With Shopify, you can turn a website into an eCommerce store.
Here’s why you should consider Shopify:
- It’s easy to use.
- You get an embedded cart.
- Secure checkout is featured.
It’s free for 14 days after that you have to pay $29 a month for a Basic membership, $79 a month for the next level up and $299 for an Advanced Shopify account.
Do you have books or textbooks to sell? You may be considering selling your books on Amazon. But you may want to try BookScouter instead.
- Compare offers from more than 30 book buyback vendors with a single search.
- You can ship your books for free and get paid.
Turn your WordPress site into an eCommerce store with WooCommerce.
It’s a good site similar to Amazon because:
- It’s fully-customizable
- It’s free to use!
- It makes setting up your own eCommerce website easy.
Next on the list is BigCommerce. Like Shopify, BigCommerce is an eCommerce platform that you can use to build your own eCommerce website.
It can be a good alternative to Amazon if you want to sell through your own website instead. Here’s why:
- Get access to a selection of diverse website templates that you can use to create your online store.
- You can easily accept payments and manage orders.
- It integrates with shipping solutions, payment providers, and inventory management apps.
- Provides you with built-in marketing tools
- Get a single page checkout.
The platform is free for 15 days. After that, membership costs $29.95 a month for the Standard plan, $79.95 a month for the Plus plan and $299 a month for the Pro plan.
Here’s why you might want to consider eBid as a good similar to Amazon platform for sellers:
- Sell stuff at auction or for a fixed price
- Choose from more than 25,000 to sell your items through
- There’s a free account option available. It allows you to list stuff for free too!
How to Save Money on Sites like Amazon
When it comes to online retailers that can offer more savings to the average shopper, Amazon certainly is the big one. With a huge selection of products in any category you can think of, widely available Amazon coupons and all the other ways you can save money (like by getting free Amazon gift cards through paid online survey sites), plus the brand name recognition it has with shoppers, it is hard for other retailers to compete with Amazon.
But that doesn’t mean they can’t and won’t. Other online retailers are catching up by offering Amazon Prime alternative membership plans like Walmart +, Target RedCard and Wish Plus that offer comparable deals and discounts (which are sometimes even better than Amazon’s already low prices) and free two-day shipping.
For you (the shopper) it is all great news. Competition drives prices down.
Whether you’re looking for some awesome deals when you shop online or want to sell stuff either for your eCommerce business or just stuff around your home, Amazon isn’t your only option.
With so many Amazon alternatives, you don’t have to limit your online shopping to one site. You can now shop and still get low prices on items (sometimes even cheaper than Amazon) on many other sites like Amazon.