Are you looking for affordable glasses?
Glasses can be downright expensive and it’s easy to spend a few hundred dollars on them.
At Warby Parker though, you can get a pair of glasses for less than $100!
In this Warby Parker review, we cover everything you need to know about Warby Parker and whether or not you could save money on prescription glasses and sunglasses by buying from this company.
So keep reading to find out if it’s the place where you’ll buy your next pair of glasses.
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get $5 Instantly!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
Daily Goodie Box: Want free stuff? DGB will send you a box of free goodies (Free Shipping - No Credit Card). Get your box now!
Pinecone Research: Get paid to test new products & earn $3 per survey! Join Pinecone Research Now!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours! Join Branded Surveys
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
What is Warby Parker?
WP is a company that offers affordable glasses, much like Zenni Optical (review). While you can buy glasses from the company online, it also has brick-and-mortar stores in some states.
What sets WP apart from other online glasses retailers is that you can actually try on its frames, before you make a purchase, but more on that below!
Another thing that differentiates the site is that for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need.
You can learn more about the buy a pair, give a pair program here.
There doesn’t appear to be an app available for Android devices, at the time of writing.
How it Works
In this section, we’re going to take a look at how buying glasses from WP works.
While the company does have brick-and-mortar stores, we’re going to cover buying online first.
Step 1: Browse the website
The first step to buying from WP is to browse the website.
You can get both eyeglasses and sunglasses there.
And, there are men’s and women’s glasses available.
You can search by the kind of frames you’re looking for, which include:
- Men’s eyeglasses
- Women’s eyeglasses
- Men’s sunglasses
- Women’s sunglasses
Optional step: Try five pairs of glasses for free
If you want to try on the glasses you choose, or a few different pairs, before you buy them, you can do with the site’s Home Try-On service.
Here’s how it works:
- You can choose 5 frames to try on at home.
- Once you’ve picked out the glasses you want to try, WP will mail them to you for free!
- You can try them out for five days and see which ones you like.
- If you like a pair, then you can make a purchase online, and WP will send you a fresh new pair.
- Once the five days are up, just place your box in the mail with the prepaid return label to send them back to WP.
It’s pretty simple!
Step 2: Choose your glasses
You don’t have to use the try-on service if you don’t want to, you can just go straight to making a purchase. If you do use the home try-on service and find a pair of glasses you like, then you’ll need to make your purchase online.
Select the glasses you want, and click on “Select lenses and purchase”
Then you’ll need to select from a few options.
The first step is to choose a frame width. There are quite a few options to choose from, including:
- Extra narrow
Some glasses though might only be available in one size, like wide or medium, for example.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll need to select a prescription type. There are lots of different prescription types available, which vary in price, including:
- Single-vision: $95
- Progressives: $295
- Readers: $95
- Non-prescription: $95.
Next you have to select a lens type. There are a three different lens types available:
- Classic: Free
- Blue-light-filtering: $50
- Light-responsive: $100
There are two lens material types available:
- Polycarbonate: Free
- 67 high-index: $30
Step 3: Add the glasses to your cart
Once you’ve made your selections, you can review and add them to your cart.
You’ll need to create an account on the site – doing so only requires your name, your email address and a password.
You’ll need to enter your prescription, which you can do in a few ways:
- Upload a photo of your prescription.
- Email a photo of your prescription to [email protected] after you complete your purchase.
- Ask WP to contact your doctor to get your prescription details.
How Much Do Warby Parker Glasses Cost?
The total cost of the glasses will vary, depending on the selections you choose. All prescription types start at $95, except progressive lenses, which cost $295. Then, any additional selections you make will also determine the total cost of the glasses.
Let’s say you make the following selections:
- Frame width: Medium
- Prescription type: Single vision ($95)
- Lens type: Classic (free)
- Lens material: Polycarbonate (free)
This would cost you just $95.
On the other hand, if you took the same medium width frames and single vision prescription, but chose a different lens type and lens material, the cost would increase:
- Frame width: Medium
- Prescription type: Single vision ($95)
- Lens type: Blue-light-filtering: $50
- Lens material: 1.67 high-index: $30
You’d pay $175, rather than $95.
Buy in-store instead (and get an eye exam as well!)
Like we said earlier, WP also has stores. So if you’d prefer to purchase your glasses in-person, check to see if there’s a store near you.
You can also get an eye exam at some stores.
Warby Parker Stores
Here’s where you can find the company’s retail locations in the US:
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
Here’s where you can find WP locations in Canada:
- British Columbia
You can find your nearest store here.
Warby Parker Eye Exam Locations
The company also offers eye exams in lots of different locations. You can find a location near you that offers eye exams here.
In this section, we cover common questions and things you need know about the company and their services.
Does Warby Parker ship internationally?
Here’s where WP currently ships eyeglasses and sunglasses to:
- The U.S.
- Puerto Rico
- The U.S. Virgin Islands
- Military APO/DPO/FPO addresses
- Canada (the company offers international shipping to customers in Canada).
The company only ships contact lenses within the U.S. (excluding Maine).
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping is free! Returns are free too, which is awesome.
How long does it take to get Warby Parker glasses?
The processing time for your order depends on a variety of things, including:
- The type of order.
- Whether your order is complete, so whether WP has your prescription and pupillary distance (PD).
- When you place the order.
Here’s when you can expect you WP order:
- Prescription orders (eyeglasses and sunglasses): 7 to 10 business days, once prescription and billing information are approved.
- Non-prescription sunglasses: 5 business days.
- Non-prescription eyeglasses: 7 to 10 business days.
- Home Try-On: 5 business days.
- Accessories: 5 business days.
- Contact Lenses: 5 to 7 business days for most lenses. Certain specialty lenses may take longer to arrive.
Orders outside of the continental U.S. can take a few extra days to arrive.
If you need your order quickly, there’s an expedited shipping option available. It costs an additional $30, but, on average it cuts the turnaround time in half.
Does Warby Parker take insurance?
Yes, it does!
WP is an in-network provider for vision plans through United Healthcare, and for select employer groups through Davis Vision.
It’s considered an out-of-network provider for all other carriers.
Even if you aren’t with United Healthcare or Davis Vision, you can still apply for reimbursement for your WP purchase from your particular insurance provider.
Most insurance plans cover prescription eyeglasses and/or prescription sunglasses. But, you can’t purchase non-prescription sunglasses as part of an insurance claim.
You can use your benefits to pay for an eye exam, as most plans cover one exam annually.
Currently, WP doesn’t accept insurance as payment for contact lens orders or exams.
Be sure to check with your insurance provider to confirm the details of your plan.
Visit this page to select your provider and to learn more about using your insurance benefits with WP.
What is Warby Parker’s Return Policy?
WP offers a 30-day free return or exchange policy for eyewear and accessories, like cases and lens cloths.
You can get a full refund if you return your glasses within 30 days of receipt, or you can exchange them, which is great.
Also, if you order contact lenses and they are defective or arrive damaged, you can also get a refund or exchange them – again within 30 days of receipt.
Returns and exchanges are also available for any contact lenses that are in the original, unopened packing, within 30 days of receipt.
Refunds are credited to the original payment method.
Does Warby Parker replace lenses?
Yes! If your glasses lenses are scratched during the first year, WP will replace them for you.
And, it’s free!
Is Warby Parker Legit?
Now you know how getting glasses from WP works, you’re probably wondering:
Is Warby Parker legit?
Below, we’re going to cover the company’s rating on platforms, like the Better Business Bureau, and Trustpilot, and see what customers have to say about their experience with the company.
Better Business Bureau rating
WP has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
The company isn’t BBB accredited.
So, it’s rating from the BBB is pretty good, but what do customers have to say about WP?
There are only 13 reviews of WP on Trustpilot, so that’s not a huge demographic to judge the company from.
WP is rated average by reviewers with just 3.5 stars.
The reviews on there are pretty mixed.
One customer praises the company saying:
- “It was Fun! I enjoyed getting my 5 pairs of frames to review at my home. I then picked out a pair and even though I loved them I had to exchange them for another pair for a better fit. That process was a “no questions asked” experience. They exchanged the glasses and I get my new pair this week. Great company and even better customer service. Their follow up was incredible. Thanks!”
However, there were quite a lot of reviewers who complained about the company’s customer service.
One reviewer says:
- “Customer service took a while to get back to me but overall great glasses. I’d buy from them again but try to avoid the service team.”
On Reddit, WP is well-reviewed, with many Redditors singing the company’s praises.
Here’s what a few customers have to say on this Reddit thread:
- “They look good and are relatively inexpensive…I highly recommend them because of their customer service. I accidentally broke my glasses a couple months in and they sent me a new pair no questions asked. I would’ve gotten a pair from them again if they had the style I wanted.”
- “As others have said, there’s no big about WP really. They’re just inexpensive, good quality, fashionable, and have excellent customer service. They also distribute a free pair of glasses to a person in need for every frame you buy.”
- “They’re inexpensive with a decent selection, good customer service. They’re good if you have basic needs, like single vision or a high index lens. Glasses at lens Crafters would cost around $270 vs $130 at warby parker. Also the home try on option is pretty cool.”
On this Reddit thread, people also speak highly of the company, with one reviewer saying:
- “They are great. Wearing a pair now I’ve had for 4 or 5 years. Probably need a new prescription but they look and feel almost new”
There are 216 reviews on Sitejabber.
It has 3.5 stars, so the reviews are mixed.
There are many reviewers who highly praise the company:
- “Best deal on glasses you’ll find, amazing customer service.”
- “The one-star reviews of Warby Parker all sound like they were written by disgruntled opticians. I’ve worn glasses for 30 years. I got my first pair of Warby Parkers today and they are perfect. High quality, well-fitting, and great style.”
There are also many negative reviews of the company:
- “Do yourself a favor – go elsewhere. Over-hyped, over-priced, crappy quality. I’ve had my glasses readjusted three times and they still don’t fit. The people who work there don’t know what they are doing. Huge disappointment.”
- ““The frames suck What I tried on in the store and what I got in the mail were not the same frames. They use a much cheaper version to fulful orders. I feel duped but they would not refund.”
Better Business Bureau
Warby Parker reviews on the Better Business Bureau are also mixed. It has 2.5 stars. But, there are only 11 customer reviews on there, so it’s not a huge demographic.
Most of the negative reviews complained about customer service. But the company also had some great reviews on there, with many people talking about the company’s helpful customer service and how great the experience was overall.
So, Should You Buy Glasses from Warby Parker
Overall, we’d recommend using Warby Parker if you’re looking for glasses at affordable prices.
What I like about it over its competitor Zenni Optical is that it offers full refunds! Zenni Optical only refunds 50% of the price, which isn’t great.
It’s generous returns policy isn’t the only reason to use WP.
The site is very easy to navigate, and there’s a wide selection of frames to choose from!
Sure, I did find some negative reviews of the company, but that’s the case for most companies – you can’t please everyone.
Hopefully, this Warby Parker review helped you decide where to buy your next pair of glasses.
Have you purchased glasses from WP in the past?
If so, let us know about your experience in the comments section below.