Want to get paid for your opinion?
Well, that’s what User Interviews claims you can do.
Is User Interviews legit though?
Or is it just another paid survey website that’s not worth your time?
In today’s User Interviews review, I’ll cover the key features of the site like how it works and how much it pays, and whether it’s legit.
What will I learn?
What is User Interviews?
User Interviews is a market research website that will pay you for participating in online surveys, focus groups, interviews, and other types of online research studies.
KashKick: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours by PayPal! Join Branded Surveys
First Opinion: Get paid up to $10 per survey and $300 per virtual focus groups! Join Now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $10 instantly!
On the site, you can earn money for your feedback on real products. There are more than 2,000 studies launching monthly and you can get paid to share your opinion with top brands, such as:
User Interviews is similar to other sites and apps that pay you to take surveys, like Swagbucks and Pinecone research.
The difference is that on User Interviews, the studies take longer to complete and are more involved, sometimes requiring a phone call or a video chat, and they’re also harder to qualify for.
This means that the pay rates are often significantly higher on User Interviews than they are on other survey sites.
How Does User Interviews Work?
User Interviews allows you to get paid for your opinion.
Since companies want to ensure that the products they release or services they provide are of good quality, they want real feedback from users, like you.
Since your opinion is valuable, companies are willing to pay you for sharing your feedback with them.
Here’s how the site works.
Step One: Sign up and create your profile
The first step is to sign up. You can head on over to the User Interviews website to sign up here.
You will need to create your profile. You can build your personal profile and start browsing studies to find ones that interest you. The company will email you studies that are a good fit too.
Step Two: Apply to studies
The next step is to apply to studies, because, well, that’s how you make money on the site!
You can apply to studies by answering a few questions that researchers will use to find their ideal participants. Many applications can be completed in under a minute, according to User Interviews.
User Interviews will deliver relevant studies right to your inbox. The more you apply, the more User Interviews can send you studies that you’re likely to find interesting and qualify for.
More than 2,000 studies launch every month, so there’s plenty to choose from. You can apply to fresh studies when the company emails you or bookmark your personalized browse page to surf studies anytime you want.
Step Three: Complete studies and get paid
Once you’re approved for a study, you will need to sign up for a session time that works for you. Then, you complete the session and get paid within a few days.
User Interviews has lots of different types of studies available. The time it takes to complete each study varies. Some take just a few minutes, and others can take several weeks.
Here are examples from the site:
- Online tests and surveys: These take 10 minutes to several hours.
- Online interviews: These take 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Online diary studies: These take 3 days to several weeks.
- Online focus groups: These take 1 hour to 3 hours.
- All online studies: These take 30 minutes to several days.
How Much Does User Interviews Pay?
The average study on User Interviews pays over $65. Pay varies depending on the type of study that you complete.
Here are some examples of pay rates from the site:
- Online tests and surveys: $20 to $300+
- Online interviews: $20 to $300+
- Online diary studies: $55 to $400+
- Online focus groups: $40 to $200+
- All online studies: $20 to $1,500+
How Does User Interviews Pay You?
User Interviews has lots of different payment options available, such as gift cards to a variety of retailers, like Amazon and Target, PayPal, direct deposit, and VISA gift cards.
On User Interviews, payments are called incentives.
Researchers can opt to have User Interviews distribute incentives on their behalf, or researchers can distribute incentives themselves in an incentive type of their choosing.
If researchers opt to have User Interviews distribute incentives on their behalf, then participants, like you, can choose from dozens of digital gift cards.
Gift card options can vary by country, but in the U.S., you can choose from options like:
- Whole Foods
- Southwest Airlines
If the researcher is distributing the incentives themselves, they choose the incentive type for the study. This may be:
- Direct deposit
- Store gift card
- VISA gift card
- A check
- A product
- Access to a free subscription, etc.
This incentive type will always be shown on the study details page before you apply so you can determine if the incentive is right for you.
To check who’s issuing your incentive, log into your account. Then click the “My studies” tab. Next, locate your study.
If the study says, “via choice of dozens of digital gift cards,” this means that User Interviews is distributing your incentive.
Once the researcher has marked attendance for the study, the status will change to “Paid” and you’ll see the option to redeem your incentive for this study.
If the study’s incentive type is anything else, that means the researcher is distributing your incentive.
Once the researcher has marked attendance for the study, the status will change to “Interview completed.” You should expect payment within 10 business days of the completed session.
Is User Interviews Legit?
User Interviews is a legit paid survey website where you can make money participating in online surveys, focus groups, interviews, and other types of online research studies.
User Interviews is well-rated on Trustpilot where it has 4.2 stars, which is a rating of “Great.” This shows that most users have a great experience with the site.
Here are a few user reviews for User Interviews on Trustpilot:
- “My experience with User Interviews has been an absolute pleasure. They make browsing, applying, and participating very seamless. Their instructions and description of the interviews clear and concise. The staff always reply within a few minutes to a couple of hours to answer any and all questions I have had. I have referred them to all my friends and family!”
- “Have used user interviews for a couple of years now and have had nothing but a great experience with them, a couple of hiccups with companies aside, would recommend them and have recommended a few friends to join too. I’m based in the UK so always opt for the Amazon gift card incentives and have been very pleased with the prompt payments etc”
- “Awesome Side Gig! This is a great way to earn some extra cash. You just fill out screeners for projects that you are interested in and if you qualify, someone will reach out to you. Of course, I am not eligible for every one I apply for but the ones that I do get to participate in pay so well that it has become a nice little side gig. Strongly recommend!”
User Interviews Pros and Cons
In this section, I’ll cover some pros and cons of User Interviews so that you can decide whether or not the platform is for you.
Here are the pros of User Interviews:
- Pays well. The pay rate is higher than many other survey sites. The studies are longer and more involved than they are on typical survey sites though.
- It doesn’t have a payout threshold. So, you’re not having to earn a ton of money to cash out.
- There are lots of payment options available, like PayPal and gift cards to well-known retailers like Amazon, Target, and Starbucks.
- Good customer service.
- It’s relatively simple and easy to use.
Here are the cons of the site:
- Studies can be time consuming. Some studies can take hours or even several days or weeks to complete. So, if you’re looking for quick surveys, then this isn’t the platform for you.
- Some people have difficulty finding studies that they actually qualify for. This means that depending on your demographics, you may have few studies you qualify for and therefore few money-making opportunities available to you.
User Interviews is a legit market research website where you can get paid to take online surveys and participate in other online research studies.
Pay is higher than many other survey sites, but the studies are longer. So, you should keep in mind how long a study is going to take you when looking at the pay rate.
If you’re looking for quick and simple studies that’ll earn you a few bucks here and there, then Swagbucks might be a better fit for you.
If you’re looking to earn more per survey, like $65 or even $100s, though and don’t mind putting in hours or even weeks’ worth of effort, then User Interviews could be the site for you.
Have you ever used User Interviews? If so, feel free to leave your own User Interviews review in the comments section below.