What do you do when you open a wine bottle?
Drink it, of course!
I mean, what do you do with the bottle and the cork?
If you just dump it in the trash, I have a surprise for you today!
You can actually make some money with ’em in two ways:
KashKick: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
Panel Payday: Earn up to $75 per survey. They also pay up to $50/hr for mystery shopping. Join Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours by PayPal! Join Branded Surveys
iPsos iSay:: If you have to only sign up for one paid survey site, go with Ipsos (high paying survyes)! Join iPsos Now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $5 instantly!
- Sell empty wine bottles and corks as is on eBay
- Make wine bottle/cork art and sell ’em on Etsy
What will I learn?
1. Sell Empty Bottles and Corks on eBay
Some people have been recycling used wine corks, turning them into a wide variety of things – Stamps, Wreath, Coasters, Key Chains, and even business cardholders.
Just one step away from ending up in the garbage bin, these wine corks have been given a new lease on life by these artists and crafters who actually make money selling art they have created from “trash”
If you are one of those artists, then great, keep making money.
But if you’re not, but like the idea of making money with your old and unused wine corks, there is a way.
You can become the supplier for those artists!
1. Collect Bottles & Corks
First things first, start collecting wine bottles and corks you come across.
Ask friends and family to give theirs to you if they don’t need or want them.
You can, of course, take this one step further – ask your local restaurants and bars and see if you can pick up their empty wine bottles and corks every few days or so.
Once you have enough bottles and corks, it’s time to clean them up. Plenty of hot water and a little soap will do the trick.
2. Get ’em listed
It’s as easy as taking a few pictures and creating a listing.
Take a look on eBay to see how successful sellers are doing it and do the same for your listings.
For example, some sellers sell their empty wine bottles in lots of 5 or 10. It allows them to sell more, faster.
How much can you sell wine bottles & corks on eBay?
As far as how much you can sell these things for, it really depends on a few things
If you’re selling on eBay “as is,” the average wine bottle sells for around $0.50.
Of course, fancier bottles sell for more.
And when it comes to wine corks, $0.10 per cork seems to be the norm.
2. Sell Upcycled Bottles & Corks on Etsy
If you are good at making things and don’t mind putting a little time and effort into making artwork out of your empty wine bottles and unused corks, Etsy is where you can make decent money selling ’em.
What can you make?
If Etsy is not your cup of tea, you can try one of the many other sites like Etsy.
How much can you sell these things for?
It really depends on your art and how much people value it.
But one thing is for sure, though – You can definitely charge way more for wine bottles and corks on Etsy.
People seem to pay much more for art and “handmade” stuff on Etsy than anywhere else.
As for exactly how much, it depends on your work and how much time and effort you put into each individual artwork.
Take a look around on Etsy and price your work accordingly.
Other Ways to Make Money Selling Wine Corks
Selling wine corks can be a unique and creative way to make money. Here are a few more ideas for how you can monetize wine corks:
- Craft and DIY Projects: Create various craft items using wine corks, such as coasters, trivets, bulletin boards, or decorative art pieces. Sell these items on online marketplaces like Etsy or at local craft fairs.
- Jewelry: Design and make wine cork jewelry, such as earrings, pendants, or bracelets. You can either create simple designs or incorporate other materials like beads or metal findings.
- Home Decor: Use wine corks to make unique home decor items like wreaths, vases, or candle holders. These items can be sold online or through local home decor boutiques.
- Wedding or Event Favors: Offer customized wine cork favors for weddings or other special events. Personalize them with initials, names, or dates and sell them in bulk to event planners or directly to customers.
- Wine Cork Boards: Create cork boards using wine corks, and sell them as functional and decorative pieces. These boards can be used for pinning notes, photos, or reminders.
- Gardening and Planters: Turn wine corks into mini planters for succulents or small herbs. These can be popular items for gardening enthusiasts or as gifts for plant lovers.
- Wine Tasting Kits: Bundle wine corks with other wine-related items like tasting notes, aroma kits, or wine glass markers. Create unique wine tasting kits and sell them as a complete package.
- Keychains and Bag Charms: Transform wine corks into keychains or bag charms by attaching small hooks or chains. Add decorative elements like beads or charms to make them more appealing.
- Cork Artwork: Use wine corks as a medium to create artwork, such as mosaic-style pieces or sculptures. Sell your artwork at galleries, exhibitions, or online platforms dedicated to art sales.
- Bulk Sales: Collect a significant number of wine corks and sell them in bulk to individuals or businesses that require them for various crafts or DIY projects.
Remember, the success of your wine cork business will depend on factors like quality, creativity, marketing, and finding the right target audience.
The Bottom Line
Recycling is a wonderful thing.
But recycling and making money from it is even better.
By recycling and selling empty wine bottles and unused corks, not only do you do your part in keeping our planet and environment cleaner and free of trash, but you also help to keep your own wallet a little greener!