I am a big fan of product testing. Not only you get free stuff to keep, you also can help shape the products you use in your everyday life.
Today, I am going to share a product testing opportunity for one of the biggest athletic clothes and shoes brand in the world.
No, it’s not Adidas!
We are, of course, talking about Nike.
Do you regularly use or purchase Nike products? Are you an athlete who is actively involved in the sports community, or who regularly pays money towards their favored athletic activity?
Join InboxDollars for free. InboxDollars pays you to watch videos, search, shop, take surveys, and more. They have paid out $57 Million so far!
If you said yes to any of these questions, you should consider becoming a Nike product tester.
How Does it Work?
There are two types of product testers:
- those who work remotely
- and those who work on-site
1. Remote testers
Remote testers are approved via an online application, and are sent products in the mail to test on their own time.
They complete surveys (which are sent along with the product) about their opinion on the product, and they submit a log that details their experiences with the product.
It’s like a long-distance focus group.
2. On-site testers
On-site testers are, as you may have guessed, required to transport themselves to the testing facility.
The exact location of the Nike testing facilities varies, so they’ll simply consider your location in the application.
Their process of reviewing the products is similar to the remote testers, however.
So How Do I Become a Nike Product Tester?
First, head over to producttesting.nike.com.
You’re going to need to agree to a waiver before anything else.
Then they’re going to ask for your contact information. After that, they’ll want your favored sports activities and the measurements of your body.
After that, they want to know about your clothing shopping habits, what you look for in terms of style, what sizes you wear, and what preferences you have regarding sports clothing.
This is all mostly demographic information that they’re collecting to determine whether or not you are a good fit for them.
Nike is an apparel company, plain and simple. Because of that, they’re going to want to know your precise measurements. This is not only so they can consider your demographic, but also so they can match you with clothing that actually fits you!
1) They’re going to want your exact foot-to-head height. This means standing on a tape measurer and pulling it up to your head. In the interest of complete accuracy, it is recommended to get a second pair of eyes when you do this.
2) Measure your chest all the way around, on the widest area possible. This usually means placing the measurer across your chest muscles and measuring from there.
Join Smart Panel and share your experince on how you use the internet. They pay you $5 for installing their free app & $5 a month just for keeping it, plus loyalty bonus every three months! .
3) FEMALE ONLY. This one is for your general bust size. To measure this, place the tape measure directly under your breasts and measure from there.
4) Then the most narrow area of your waist (which should be around the navel.)
5) And finally, the most narrow part of your hips, which should be just past the most outward bones of your pelvis.
It’ll take a few weeks to process the application, but you should be hearing back from Nike by at most 3 to 4 weeks after applying.
Direct Links to Nike Product Testing Applications
A few of our readers commented that they couldn’t find the application links on Nike’s website. Yes it is kind of hard to spot on that page, so I am including direct links to the application below:
- Application for Adults interested in Nike Footwear product testing – 18 and older. (Only for US residents)
- Application for Kids under 13 interested in Nike Footwear product testing – Parents have to fill this application. (Only for US residents)
- Application for Adults interested in Nike Apparel product testing. They are not currently accepting applicants for anyone under 18 for apparel testing
- Anyone outside of the U.S. can email [email protected] (include country name in the subject line) to receive a link to an online application.
A Quick Tip
Nike will review your profile at the end of each year to evaluate how you’ve performed as a tester, and will decide to cancel or renew their partnership with you for the following year.
There is an incentive to participate in good faith, because it’s always good to have your partnership renewed!
So, be sure to play by the rules so you can keep getting free shoes.
As a Nike product tester you will get free Nike shoes to test.
As far as I know, there is no monetary compensation for becoming a Nike wear tester, but you do of course get free shoes and athletic clothes that Nike makes.
So, lets say they need to test a new sneakers to see how they perform in one year. They send you a pair, and you basically wear it for one year, then you send it back to their lab so they can analyze it. So, you got a pair of shoes for free for a whole year.
Now, there are some cases where you don’t even have to send the products back for analysis. So you keep the stuff for as long as they can be used. Sweet!
Either way, I think it’s a great opportunity to get free stuff while helping companies like Nike develop cutting-edge products.
You can help the company out and get some free stuff, so it’s definitely something that is worth recommending to any of the sports fans and athletes in your life.