How would you like to get free stuff as a product tester?
Would you like to expand your wardrobe and try out some new footwear and apparel for a few weeks?
If so, then check out the Wear Test program from New Balance, a program just like the Reebok’s shoe testing program.
New Balance is an American footwear and clothing manufacturer. The brand specializes in athletic footwear, but they also sell clothing, from dresses to shorts.
Currently, the brand is looking for adults and children to try out their clothes through the Wear Test program.
Join InboxDollars for free. InboxDollars pays you to watch videos, search, shop, take surveys, and more. They have paid out $57 Million so far!
The Wear Test Program
If you’d like to test out a pair of running shoes on your next jog or need a pair of walking boots for an upcoming hike, then this the Wear Test Program is a great opportunity.
All you need to do is apply to the program, and if you are accepted, then New Balance will send you prototype products to test out.
You’ll have to do this for a specified period of time – usually four to six weeks – and then give your feedback.
While, in most cases, you don’t get to keep the stuff you try when the test period is over, it’s a great way to try out some new gear, without having to part with any cash.
How Does New Balance Product Testing Work?
The Wear Test Program is relatively simple. The process is very similar to that of Nike product testing program.
It consists of a few steps…
The first step in becoming a New Balance product tester is to fill out an application. You will need to enter details about yourself, like your age, shoe size, and location.
You can choose between the adult and the junior application, depending on your shoe size.
Here are the links to the application forms:
2. Your Application Gets Reviewed
New balance will review your application.
Generally, the brand reviews and accepts applications on an ‘as-needed’ rolling basis.
So, if New Balance is looking for women with size 6 feet, then profiles that match those requirements will be accepted.
3. Get Accepted
If the brand needs a tester with your profile, your account will be activated and you’ll receive an email informing you that you’ve been accepted into the program.
You will also receive a user ID and a password that you can use to login.
4. Receive the Product
Once you have been selected to participate in a product test, you’ll be sent an item to try out, along with specific instructions.
You will need to wear the item for the assigned duration, which can vary between four to six weeks.
During the test period, you need to provide feedback and document your experiences using the product.
5. Send the Product Back
When the test period comes to an end, the product must be returned to New Balance.
And yes, the company will send you a prepaid shipping envelope when they’re sending you the product you’ll be testing.
6. Your Feedback Creates Better Products
New Balance will then review it and use the information you provided to make an evaluation of the product based on factors like durability, manufacturability, appearance, functionality and performance.
And it’s not just the test products that are evaluated…
As a tester, you’ll also be graded to determine how effective you are at testing products. New Balance will rank you based on how well and how frequently you used the test product, as well as how well you met your deadlines, and the quality of your written feedback. If you’re a better tester, then you’re more likely to receive more test products in the future.
Requirements for Becoming a New Balance Product Tester
If you want to become a New Balance Product tester, then you need to make sure that you meet the criteria.
New Balance has separate requirements for adult and junior testers.
Requirements for Adult Testers
- Adults are applicants that wear men’s size 8-14 or women’s 6-12 size shoes, so if you are under 18 years old, but wear adult size shoes, you would apply in this category too.
- To become an adult tester you’ll need to be a resident of the United States, with a valid email address. You’ll also need to be able to read and write in the English language and be able to meet deadlines, offer detailed feedback and follow specific instructions.
- You should also be over 18, and if you’re not, then your legal guardian must complete part of the application with you, and sign the test program agreement on your behalf. Your guardian must also agree to you testing the products, and assist you when necessary.
Requirements for Junior Testers
- Applicants that wear footwear between infant size 3 and grade school size 6 are eligible to become Junior Testers. This category is generally for child testers, but it’s also open to adults who wear those sizes too.
- Minor applications must work alongside a legal guardian during the testing process. The legal guardian of the applicant must have a valid email address and internet access, and be a resident of the United States.
- The guardian must also be able to proficiently read and write in the English language, be able to follow specific instructions and be willing to provide assistance during the test process.
Will I Get Free NB Shoes?
There are ways to get free shoes.
But when it comes to product testing program like New Balance’s, you only get to keep the shoes for the duration of the test.
Let me explain…
You see, companies like Under Armour, Adidas, New Balance, Nike, or any other company for that matter, create product testing programs so they can evaluate how their products perform in the real world environment.
The test normally takes a few weeks. And once the test period is over, their lab people will look at the tested product – a shoe, T-shirt, Jeans, or in the case of Apple product testing, an electronic item) so they can analyze it.
That means they’ll need to examine the actual product that was tested. The only way to do that is to have you (the tester) send the product back after the test period.
So, you get a free shoe, but only for the duration of the test.
However, all hope is not lost. Some companies will actually send you another product as a token of their appreciation for free. Normally it’s the same product but a brand new one. But in the case of New Balance, there is no compensation or free shoes beyond the use of the test product for the duration of the test period.
At the end of the day, I personally think the New Balance Product Testing program is a really fun program, which allows you to test out some great products – for free!