Getting cashback is great because it allows us to save some money on everything from groceries to furniture. There are lots of cashback apps and cashback websites around, and one that you may have come across is Fluz.
This app will give you money back on your purchases at tons of different retailers.
Is it legit though?
Or should you give it a miss?
In today’s Fluz Review, I’ll cover the key features of the app, how it works, and whether it’s legit.
What will I learn?
What is Fluz?
Fluz is an app that gives you cashback on your purchases. With the app, you can get cashback on groceries, clothing, travel, and much, much more.
Panel Payday: Earn up to $75 per survey. They also pay up to $50/hr for mystery shopping. Join Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
KashKick: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
Panda Research: Join Panda Research and make more money for doing surveys and offers. Earn up to $50 per survey!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours by PayPal! Join Branded Surveys
Toluna: Earn PayPal, Amazon & Tango e-vouchers for taking surveys (& product testing!). Join & get 500 bonus!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $5 instantly!
You can even earn money when your friends, and their friends, purchase stuff.
Fluz is available for Android and iOS devices.
Here’s where you can get the app:
How Does Fluz Work?
If you’ve ever used any cashback websites or apps before, you’ll know that most of them tend to work in one of two ways:
- You visit the site, click on the merchant you want to shop with, are taken to that store’s website where you make a purchase, and then you’re credited with the cashback. Sites that follow this type of cashback model include Rakuten, Rebates, and TopCashback.
- You upload a photo of your receipt as proof of purchase and get cashback. Sites that follow this type of cashback model include, Ibotta, Checkout51, and ReceiptPal.
Some sites do offer a mix of the two models.
Fluz doesn’t follow either of these cashback models. Instead, you purchase a gift card from Fluz, which you use to pay for your purchase, and then you instantly receive cashback.
Here’s an example:
You’ve put the items you want in your cart on Amazon. Then, rather than using your regular payment method like your credit card, you go to Fluz and purchase a gift card for the exact amount of your purchase. Then, you use the gift code you got from Fluz to pay for your purchase on Amazon. Fluz then credits you with your cashback.
Step-by-Step Guide for Using Fluz
Here’s a quick guide on how to use the Fluz app:
Step One: Sign up and add a payment method
You can sign up for the app for free. Then, you will need to add a payment method.
Fluz accepts the following payment methods:
- Bank cards (credit or debit cards).
- ACH transfer/bank payment.
- Fluz rewards balance.
- PayPal and Apple Pay.
Step Two: Choose a retailer
Have a browse through the site’s stores to make sure you can get cashback at the store you want to shop at. You can view a list of stores here.
Step Three: Shop
You can shop directly at the store just like you normally would. So, simply shop online or in-store as you usually do.
Step Four: Get a gift card from Fluz
Next, you need to purchase a gift card from the Fluz app. You’ll need to enter the exact amount of your purchase (including tax) into the Fluz app. The app will charge the payment method that you added, and then it will give you a gift card code, a PIN, or a QR code.
Step Five: Use the gift card
Once you have gotten your gift card, you’ll need to use it at the retailer to pay for your purchase. You’ll need to enter your gift card code online or show the cashier the QR code on your phone if you’re shopping in-store.
Step Six: Earn cash back
The cashback you earn for each shop is instantly credited to your Fluz account. But, there is a $15 minimum for your first withdrawal.
Step Seven: Get paid
You can transfer your cashback to your bank, PayPal account, Venmo account, or virtual debit card.
The 1-Time Card feature
Fluz is also starting to offer a 1-time card option. So, if the merchant you’re shopping at doesn’t appear in the app, then you can generate a 1-time card and pay anywhere that MasterCard is accepted and earn 1.5% cashback instantly.
1-time cards are not yet available to all users. It’s important to note that 1-time cards must be used within 24 hours of purchase. If you do not use the card to make a purchase within 24 hours, it will expire, and a new one will not be automatically generated.
You can also refer friends and you’ll get a $5 bonus for each referral. You can also get royalties on their cashback for life. You can build a network and earn money from other people’s purchases.
When someone in your network makes a purchase, everyone in your network shares the cashback.
When someone in your network pays at a standard gift card retailer, everyone in the network shares a total of 1.5% cashback (0.03% per person), from that purchase.
When someone in your network pays at an exempt gift card retailer or uses a 1-time card, everyone in the network shares a total of 0.25% cashback (0.05% per person) from that purchase.
If you can add a lot of people to your network, this can be a good passive income stream.
Stores that Fluz Offers Cashback for
Fluz offers cashback for a huge range of retailers and brands, including:
- AMC Theatres
- Best Buy
- Fred Meyer
- Giant Eagle
- Home Depot
- Jiffy Lube
- LongHorn Steakhouse
- MLB Shop
- NBA Store
- NFL Shop
- Nintendo eShop
- Office Depot & OfficeMaxx
- Omaha Steaks
- Pay Less Supermarkets
- Southwest Airlines
- Taco Bell
- TJ Maxx
- Whole Foods Market
- Yankee Candle
- Zenni Optical
How Much Cashback Does Fluz Offer?
Fluz says, “You can earn a minimum of 1.5% cashback on everything, up to 10% at the retail biggies, and 25% to 50% at special moments.”
The cashback rate you’ll get varies depending on the merchant. The cashback percentage you earn will be shown next to the offer.
You can check the current cashback rates for a specific merchant by viewing the live offers in the app.
It’s important to note that the cashback amount you get depends on the payment method you use.
The highest cashback rate is available when using ACH for payment, followed by your debit card, credit card, and digital wallets (PayPal and Apple Pay).
For example, if you were to get 4% cashback from a particular merchant and you purchase a $200 gift card, you could get the following cashback rates:
- The full 4% with ACH bank payment. That’s $8.
- 3% with a debit card payment (-1%). That’s $6.
- 1% with a credit card payment (-3%). That’s $2.
- 1% with PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay (-3%). That’s $2.
You can get 1.5% cashback with a 1-time card.
Is Fluz Legit?
Fluz is a legit app you can use to earn cashback at well-known retailers like Amazon, Walmart, and Nike. Many users report successfully getting cashback through the platform.
Here’s how Fluz is rated on a few different platforms:
- Trustpilot: 4.5 stars, which is a rating of “Excellent.”
- Better Business Bureau (BBB): F rating. 1.13 stars from customers.
- The Google Play store: 2 stars.
- The App Store: 3.7 stars.
Reviews of the app vary quite a lot. As you can see, it’s rated pretty highly on some platforms, like Trustpilot, for example, and not so well on other platforms like the BBB and the Google Play store.
Many users praise the app.
One user on Trustpilot says:
- “I Love Fluz. Fluz is such an innovative app for earning cashback on shopping. There are so many retailer gift cards in the app that it is easy for me to plan my shopping to always use a gift card to pay. I love that I can purchase the exact amount for the gift card for my purchases along with stacking Fluz with other reward programs to earn more. Since using the app, I’ve earned over $450 in cash back and referral money.”
One user on the Google Play store, says:
- “I love this app. I have cashed out $113 earned, just by buying what I’m already buying just doing thru Fluz.”
There were also negative reviews of the app.
One user on the Google Play store says:
- “App is very slow and glitchy. App is full of bugs. The app double charged me for an eBay card and duplicated the purchase. The refund process is very slow. I have not received my refund yet several days later for an issue that was their apps fault.”
One user on the App Store says:
- “Nothing But Problems… I have had this app for a week and literally every day there is another problem. First, the app was freezing so I had to uninstall and reinstall. Then it was struggling to connect to my bank (a very well known American bank) and I needed support for that. Then it was having problems, again, connecting to my account even after verification. Now, the online store is not accepting the gift card the app created for me to use. Literally every single day I am emailing tech support just to still not be able to use the app successfully a week later. And tech support sends generic emails that make it clear they didn’t actually read what your issue is.”
Overall, Fluz is a legit app that people can use to get cashback at a variety of different retailers, brands, and restaurants. Also, users are able to stack cashback from Fluz with other cashback sites and savings, like coupons and promo codes.
The fact that you have to purchase a gift card first before you can get cashback does add a bit of extra work, but this is no more than you expect to do with other cashback platforms, like those that require you to upload your receipts, such as Ibotta or Checkout51, before giving you cashback.
Some users also encounter issues with the app glitching, but many people have success with getting cashback from Fluz.
Have you ever used Fluz?
If so, feel free to leave your own Fluz review in the comments section below.
Share your thoughts