Ever wish you could get paid to shop or fill out surveys right on your smart phone?
Well, you can!
With EasyShift, it’s all in the name.
Check out our EasyShift review, and decide if this legit side hustle might help you earn extra pocket change.
What is EasyShift?
Join InboxDollars for free. InboxDollars pays you to watch videos, search, shop, take surveys, and more. They have paid out $57 Million so far!
How does EasyShift work?
There’s no application, and no experience needed.
All you have to do is sign up and begin reserving shifts.
It really is that easy.
You see, their clients want information on how stores are selling their brands and their competition’s brands.
That’s where you come in…
Your job usually involves taking photos of products, checking prices and promotions, and uploading photos and submitting surveys to the app.
Shifts take about 45 minutes, on average, to complete.
The app is available in most U.S. cities.
Typically, there are more shifts available in more densely populated, urban areas than in the suburbs or rural areas.
Sign me up!
So you’re ready to get started?
- First, make sure your device is supported. The app requires iPhone 4S or newer and is available on a wide variety of Android devices. Do not try to use the app with tablets, iPads or iPods.
- Download the app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Verify your phone number (and that you can receive text messages). The app will text you a code and ask you to enter it in order to verify your account identity.
Once you’re signed up and signed into the app, you’re ready to take your first shift.
Here’s the process:
Step 1: Browse available shifts
Click on “Shifts” in the footer of the app to see a map of your geographical area. Available shifts will appear as green pinpoints on the map. Those that are already reserved will appear in gray. Any shift you have already reserved will appear blue.
Step 2: Understand the requirements
Join Opinion Outpost. It is a fun panel with a lot of interesting surveys. And it rewards you well!
To see more detail, click on one of the pins. To see full details, click the pin again. Each shift has a name, average completion time estimate, pay range, point total, store location, address and distance from your location, and details for the shift. You can see the due date and time for the job under the “Reserve Shift” button at the bottom.
Step 3: Reserve a shift
If you find a shift you like, click to “Reserve Shift.”
Most reservations last 24 hours before they expire, but some have hard expiration dates.
These dates are typically set by the business client (which EasyShift cannot control).
Reservation times cannot be extended, so make sure you have some time set aside to complete a shift once you reserve it.
It is recommended that you begin a shift at least three hours before it is due, just in case of technical difficulties.
On the shift, follow the directions closely!
Take your time.
Submissions cannot be redone or edited.
Once submitted, shifts are reviewed, and either accepted or rejected.
Shifts can be rejected for a number of reasons:
- You did not follow directions completely.
- Your data is incorrect.
- Your photos are incorrect or unclear.
A first rejection can be removed by customer support (call it a sign of good faith), but subsequent ones cannot. Multiple rejections ultimately harm your shifter rep – and you need a good one to get jobs.
Easy Shift levels
Build your EasyShift reputation by completing jobs correctly. When you do, you’ll also unlock the ability to take on more shifts.
You start as a Rookie and the ability to reserve only one job per day.
As you continue to rack up points, you can work your way up through nine levels, all the way to General Manager.
Here are the levels, point requirements and job opportunities:
- Rookie (0-12 points) – 1 shift
- Clerk (25 points) – 1 shifts
- Agent (75 points) – 2 shifts
- Senior Agent (150 points) – 3 shifts
- Manager (300 points) – 4 shifts
- Supervisor (500 points) – 5 shifts
- Director (700 points) – 6 shifts
- Vice President (1000 points) – 7 shifts
- General Manager (1500 points) – 10 shifts
What happens if I can’t complete a shift after all?
You can release your shift if you need to back out or are otherwise unable to complete it.
A two-hour hold will be placed on the job after you release it before you can reserve it again.
How much money can you make with Easy Shift?
OK, so you don’t get paid a lot.
Shifts can pay anywhere from $2-20, but most are on the lower end of the spectrum, depending on where you live.
What you ultimately make total depends on how many shifts you take in a month.
Some users (on Reddit and other online forums) report averaging an extra $50 to $100 a month.
Keep in mind, you don’t get reimbursed for travel, so don’t reserve shifts too far off your beaten path.
If you are required to make a purchase on the job, however, EasyShift will reimburse you for that.
Getting paid is quick and easy.
Unlike the Field Agent app, which is overall better rated, ES works through PayPal.
There’s no minimum to withdraw your money, and money is usually available 48 hours after a shift is approved.
Keep in mind…
The pay listed with each shift is an estimate.
Your final pay could go up or down based on your answers and the accuracy of your submission.
Not following directions is a good way to lose easy money.
Tips for earning more
Here are a few tips that I picked up while researching for this post (a lot of good tips on Reddit!):
- Shifts are added daily, according to the app. If you don’t see them, refresh your map often.
- Start your shifts with plenty of time to finish them. One recommendation is to begin a shift no later than three hours before it is due.
- Save any receipts you got from the store during your shift – they can help if your case needs to be reviewed.
- In order to take pictures and not be suspicious on a shift, try pretending that you’re playing Pokemon Go! (or another virtual reality app).
There are also handy tips and job training information in the app’s FAQ.
I highly recommend reading through there before completing your first shift.
It contains valuable glossary information about terms you’ll come across on your shifts – like the difference between everyday price and promotional price, and how to distinguish between 10 types of merchandise displays.
What shifters are saying…
Like every other money making app, user reviews can run the gamut.
EasyShift’s iOS rating in the Apple App Store is 3 out of 5 (59 ratings) and its Android rating in the Google Play Store is 2.9 out of 5 (794 ratings).
Here’s what current and recent users are saying about it:
- Shifts pay out quickly and easily via PayPal.
- Shifts are typically accepted if you follow instructions carefully and submit clear images.
- Playing “secret agent” can be fun!
- Shifts are flexible. Reserve them whenever you like!
- You can earn money while shopping.
- Shifts can require a lot of work for not a lot of pay.
- Their customer service may take weeks to respond via email.
- Sometimes the app fails to work when trying to submit shifts.
- Shift reviewers can be nitpicky.
- There aren’t a lot of shifts available for everyone.
New in 2018
In January 2018, Quri was acquired by Trax, a computer vision and analytics company. The intention behind the acquisition was to further streamline crowdsourcing and offer real-time in-store data insights to business clients.
The app is expected to continue under the same name, with the same functionality and same easy payment experience. Any points and levels users earned in the current app will also remain the same.
For users, the goal is a better user experience. Users may expect more shift availability and a deeper focus on photo quality moving forward.
No, you’re not going to make enough to quit your day job or even call this a part-time job.
Think about it…
If a Snacks Survey at your local Walmart pays $3.50-11.50 and takes 48 minutes to complete, you’re making a little more than the federal minimum wage.
Depending on where you live, and whether you get full credit for the shift, you might even be making less.
But if you’re already at Walmart, and you want to make some extra pocket change, it’s very doable.
So why not try it?
Worst case scenario – you don’t like it. You can always uninstall.
I think Easy Shift is a legit app that makes it easy way to make a few bucks.
Tell us your story.
Are you a shifter?
Tell us about your own personal experience in the comments along with any tips and tricks you use to earn more, as well as how you rate and review the Easy Shift app.