When it comes to apps that pay you to play games, AppStation is one of the often talked about apps.
Although there are so many ways you can make extra money online, like testing apps, freelance writing, taking online surveys, etc., playing games for money can be the most fun option for many people.
And AppStation is an app, much like AppNana, that claims to pay you for playing games. But is AppStation worth your time?
In today’s AppStation review, I’ll cover how it works, how much it pays you, and whether or not it’s legit.
What will I learn?
What is AppStation?
AppStation is a reward app for Android that pays you for trying out mobile games. It’s a really popular app with more than 10 million downloads on the Google Play store!
You’ll get rewarded for downloading different games on your phone and playing them for a certain amount of time, or until you reach a certain level or achievement.
KashKick: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
Panel Payday: Earn up to $75 per survey. They also pay up to $50/hr for mystery shopping. Join Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours by PayPal! Join Branded Surveys
iPsos iSay:: If you have to only sign up for one paid survey site, go with Ipsos (high paying survyes)! Join iPsos Now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $5 instantly!
How Does AppStation Work?
AppStation rewards you for playing mobile games. You can download the app from the Google Play store, for free.
Then, you can start making money playing games.
Here’s how it works:
- Browse games. You can discover and play games from the app’s list of free games. The app offers various game types such as casual, strategy, action, puzzle, adventure, arcade and many more.
- When you play a game, you’ll earn coins. You earn coins for every second that you play.
- You can then exchange your coins for rewards.
It’s really simple, right? You can also earn for referring friends.
Now that you know how it works, you’ll want to know how much you can get paid and what types of rewards are on offer.
How Much Does AppStation Pay?
For playing games, you’ll earn coins.
AppStation pays 200 to 500 coins per minute. It varies though. Most of the time, your earnings per minute dwindle after you’ve been playing a certain game for a while.
50,000 coins are worth about $5. So, not a ton of money.
If you refer a friend, you will earn 250 coins plus 25% of your friend’s earnings. Your friend will also earn the same from your earnings. This commission is covered by AppStation, and it is not deducted from your or your friend’s earnings. Instead, that percentage is extra money on top of what you each already earn.
So, referring friends can be a good way to give your earnings a bit of a boost.
How Does AppStation Pay You?
Once you’ve played games and have earned enough points, you will be able to cash out your earnings. What’s great about AppStation is that it actually offers a lot of different payment options.
- PayPal payments
- Amazon gift cards
- Google Play gift cards
- Steam gift cards
- Walmart gift cards
- Xbox gift cards
The minimum payout amount is $5.
Is AppStation Legit?
AppStation is part of justDice. On its website, that company says:
- “When it comes to rewarded games, justDice is the European market leader. Our apps and games are enjoyed by more than 100 million players worldwide, and we have given away awesome rewards worth more than $40 million.”
justDice has several popular paid gaming apps, such as AppStation, Coin Pop, Lucky Miner, and Money RAWR. justDice is actually part of the Applike Group, which is a German company that operates four different companies, one of which is justDice. Applike Group is a legit company with headquarters in Hamburg, Germany.
So, AppStation is indeed legit. Just because AppStation is operated by a legit company with headquarters though, it doesn’t automatically make the app worth your time.
One of the best ways to know if a company is worth your time is to read about other people’s experiences with it.
Let’s take a look at some AppStation reviews from users.
AppStation User Reviews
AppStation is pretty well-rated. On the Google Play Store, AppStation has 4.3 stars. Many people praise it, saying how it provides them with an easy way to make some extra money.
One user says:
- “I’ve tried several of these types of apps and so far this one is my favorite. There is not a big game selection but I honestly do not mind, easier to pick that way. Ads depend on the game you play and even then it’s not bad. Point tracking was on, didn’t have any missed points, and the payout was quick. AppStation tells you 3-7 business days (if I remember right) but I received mine within 24-48 hours. (In PayPal)”
Now, one issue that AppStation has is that the more you play a game, the more your earnings per minute dwindle.
One user complains of this, saying:
- “The app, initially, was GREAT! If you alternate between the various games (whether you like them or not) you can make some good coin and get a $10 gift card in short order. However, they got a tricky side to their methods. The longer you play a game, the longer the intervals become before you get more coins. Also, on the second day of using this app, the coins per interval dropped to about 10% of what they were before. Once that happens the app is basically not worth using/playing.”
So, it seems like you’ll have to try out multiple games if you want to keep your earnings up.
Aside from the issue of coin earnings dropping as you play, another issue that I saw users complain about frequently was that their coins didn’t always credit.
One user complains of this, saying:
- “Honestly, this was okay at the start. I knew I wasn’t going to break the bank but extra pocket change is handy. The problem is the app stops tracking your time/levels after a while. I downloaded a brand new game that supposedly paid out 209 coins per level. I played through a total of 30 levels and nothing. They have effectively shorted me close to $50 because their app is so buggy, it can’t track your activity. Scam scam scam to mine your data and they stop tracking your progress.”
One user complained of both the coin earnings dropping, and not getting coins credited, saying:
- “Firstly, the money is legit, but the app is not reliable. I managed to make enough to cash out to $10 and I received it on Amazon and actually bought something! But then after the tracking pretty much stopped working and is kinda sucky in general. Also, the points will go up but the number of seconds needed to play will go up drastically with it, so pay attention to see when you need to play a new game.”
While some users did have issues with the app, many praised it.
AppStation Pros and Cons
So far in this AppStation review, I’ve covered how the app works, how it pays, and whether it’s legit.
To help you to decide whether the app is for you, let’s take a look at some pros and cons.
AppStation has lots of cons, such as:
- PayPal payments are a withdrawal option.
- Available worldwide.
- Easy to use.
- Fun way to make money.
- Free to use.
- Owned by AppLike Group, which is a legit company with offices in Hamburg, Germany.
Here are the cons:
- Low earning potential.
- Takes a long time to earn enough coins to redeem a reward.
- The coins you earn per minute dwindle after playing for a while.
- There are not that many games available
- Some people didn’t get the coins credited to their account.
AppStation is a legit app that does pay out, but it can take a while to earn enough coins to actually cash out your earnings.
Since you need 50,000 coins to get just $5, the earning potential on AppStation is pretty low compared to some other reward apps. It means that 1 coin on AppStation is worth only around $0.0001.
On Swagbucks, each point is worth $0.10. This means that points on Swagbucks are worth 99,900% more than they are on AppStation. Also, Swagbucks gives you multiple ways to earn. Aside from paying you to play games, Swagbucks pays you to do other fun tasks, such as watching videos and shopping online.
Overall, AppStation provides a fun way to earn a little extra money. However, users should be aware of the low earning potential.
Using AppStation alone won’t make you rich. Actually, it won’t even provide a part-time income. That’s not really what these types of apps are for though. Reward apps like AppStation are better for making beer money.
Give AppStation a try if you enjoy playing games but consider using it along with other similar apps like Mistplay and Swagbucks.
Hopefully this AppStation review helped you to decide whether or not to use the app. Have you ever used AppStation? Feel free to share your experience with the app in the comments section below.