But did you know that there are also pet care loyalty programs that will reward you for buying food and toys for your pet?
Loyalty cards are offered by stores and the brands behind some of your pet’s favorite products.
These programs essentially reward you for taking care of your best friend(s).
And best of all, they are free!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get $5 Instantly!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
Smart App: Earn $15 a month just for installing their free app, plus loyalty bonus every three months! Join Smart App Now
Daily Goodie Box: Want free stuff? DGB will send you a box of free goodies (Free Shipping - No Credit Card). Get your box now!
National Consumer Panel: Use the app or free handheld scanner they mail you to scan barcodes during shopping to earn cash & gift cards. Get Access to NCP
Using these programs is a great way to save some money on pet supplies.
My dog, Geeta, is my world.
I don’t even think twice when it comes to her health and well-being.
I will spend every last dime I have on her if necessary.
That said, for a lot of people living on a tight budget, the cost of taking care of their pet can be a little troublesome.
So, by using rewards programs, you can save a few dollars here and there.
They are free to use anyway, you might as well use them.
Here are some of the best pet loyalty programs from online and brick & mortar pet stores and brands:
- Name: PetPerks
- Official site: https://www.petperks.com/
PetSmart has their own loyalty program referred to as PetPerks.
For signing up, you get special member pricing (which means discounts in the store), access to private unadvertised sales, and a birthday gift for your pet.
You should register your PetPerks account online. While it is not required, you get additional money-saving offers that won’t come in the mail. You can also gain access to coupons generated especially for your pet.
Also, for signing up, you’ll get access to:
- Articles regarding pet care, videos and how-to guides as well as expert pet care advice.
- Ability to access prior purchases – up to 12 months – so you can keep track of what you buy and how often.
- Special birthday gifts and coupons.
- Change of address – in case you move, so you can still receive coupons and special offers.
- Member-only coupons.
- Exclusive offers from PetPerks partners – including TGI Fridays, Lady Foot Locker and even 1-800 Flowers.
- Name: Pals Rewards
- Official site: http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_palsrewardshome.aspx
PETCO is another big pet chain that offers their own in-store loyalty program known as Pals Rewards.
They offer something different than other store loyalty programs, by giving you 5 Pals Reward Dollars every time you spend $100 at PETCO.
These are cash savings that you can apply right at the register using special coupons that PETCO emails or mails to you.
The coupons can be redeemed in-store as well as online.
Pals Rewards members also get exclusive coupons, access to special member-only pricing and other perks that make the program ideal for pet owners.
3. Pet Supplies Plus
- Name: PSP Preferred Pet Club
- Official site: http://www.petsuppliesplus.com/custserv/ppc.jsp
Unlike PETCO and PetSmart, Pet Supplies Plus is not a national retailer; therefore, check your area first to see if you have one.
If there is a local Pet Supplies Plus by you, then you can sign up for their PSP Preferred Pet Club.
Unfortunately, Pet Supplies Plus does not allow online sign-ups, so you’ll need to visit a physical location.
But, for signing up you get exclusive perks including:
- Birthday gifts for your pets
- Specials and member-only coupons
- Events exclusive to members only
- A free bag of pet food after you purchase 10 bags
- Access to a members-only website
4. Pet Supermarket
- Name: VIP Program
- Official site: http://www.petsupermarket.com/static/vip_login.aspx
Pet Supermarket is one of the biggest chains besides the few national chains like PetSmart and PetCo.
They have food, toys and medication for all kinds of animals, from cats and dogs to fish, birds, snakes and more.
Through their VIP program you get a voucher for a free bag of food for every 10 or so bags of food you purchase.
You can also sign up for their free email newsletter for exclusive coupons and deals.
- Name: My Pet Companion
- Official site: http://www.hillspet.com/en/us/my-pet-companion
If you buy food for your cat or dog online, this is a great alternative to Amazon.
Their prices are a little high, but if you use their pet care loyalty program, you can save a good amount of money.
Not only you get exclusive discounts and deals through their rewards program, but you also get access to tons of truly useful health & training tips as well as important pet care reminders and much more.
- Name: Kong Connect
- Official site: https://www.kongcompany.com/connect/sign-up-for-kong-connect/
If your dog or cat has toys, chances are this company was behind them.
The Kong company is one of the biggest and most trusted pet toy makes in the world.
According to the company, by joining their Kong Connect program, you get access to:
- Coupons and offers exclusively for members
- Sneak peeks of our new products
- Contests and promotions
- Your KONG newsletter
- Fun and helpful ideas to help you strengthen the bond with your pet
- Name: IAMS
- Official site: https://www.iams.com/sign-up
Yes, this is the company that makes the IAMS brands of pet food.
If you buy a lot of their products, it’d make sense to sign up for their free pet rewards program.
Here is what you get:
- Special offers and coupons
- Customized advice from pet care experts
- News about events and promotions
8. Purina (for cat owners)
- Name: My Perks Cat Chow
- Official site: https://myperks.catchow.com
Whether you have a pet or not, you know Purina.
And if you are a pet owner, you’ve probably bought their products once or twice.
Their products, although good, can be costyly sometimes. Thankfully, their reward program can offset the costs a little.
Joining the Purina Cat Chow helps you earn great rewards like coupons, treats and more.
You earn double points on your purchase of Purina Cat Chow Complete or Indoor.
9. Purina (for dog owners)
- Name: Purina Pro Club
- Official site: https://purinaproclub.com/
This is an exclusive program for those have (or care for) at least 5 dogs.
You earn points for dog food purchases which can be redeemed for savings on future food purchases, checks for veterinarian bills, apparel, merchandise and more.
10. Fresh Steps
- Name: Paw Points
- Official site: https://www.freshstep.com/paw-points/
If you have a cat, you know this brand.
Through their program you, you earn rewards for purchases of their products at any store. All you do is upload your receipts to their app and earn points for each.
You can then redeem your points for prizes and coupons.
11. The Pet Beastro
- Name: The Pet Beastro
- Official site: http://www.thepetbeastro.com/premierepetmembership/
This is a new(ish) online pet store that carries a lot of pet products from various brands.
For every purchase you make, you earn points. Every purchase equates to points. So, $1 = 1 point.
You can then redeem your points for rewards:
- 200 points = $5 towards non-food items including treats, toys, and supplements on a $5 purchase or more before tax.
- 400 points = $10 towards non-food items including treats, toys, and supplements on a $10 purchase or more before tax.
- 800 points = $20 towards non-food items including treats, toys, and supplements on a $20 purchase or more before tax.
- 1,000 points = Free nutrition consult for one pet. $69 value. Appointment needed and supplements excluded.
12. Fetch! Pet Care
- Name: Fetch! Pet Card
- Official site: https://www.fetchpetcare.com/loyalty-club/
Fetch! is not your usual pet food and supplies company, it’s actually a company that specializes in grooming, pet sitting, and other related services.
Through their loyalty program you can get some awesome discounts and special deals that will help you save money.
You spend a lot taking care of your pet, so it makes perfect sense to take advantage of any program that allows you to save some of your money.
They’re simple to use, and best of all, free.
If you have a pet, you can’t afford to not use a pet loyalty card.