Do you love fashion?
If so, you’ve probably considered some sort of career in the industry at one time or another.
But, did you know that you can actually work in the fashion industry, without ever having to leave the house?
As an online stylist (also known as a “Remote Stylist”), you get all the benefits and fun of working in the field of fashion, without the hassle of having to leave the house or having to work the crazy hours that come along with retail jobs!
Plus, picking out outfits for people is pretty fun.
What Is an Online Stylist?
As an online stylist, you work one on one with customers from the comfort of your own home, and it’s your job to put together outfits for them.
Generally, you get to choose your own hours, so it’s a pretty flexible job.
Usually, online stylists work for jewelry and apparel styling companies – most of which send out tailored subscription boxes or styled collections to customers.
Essentially, it’s your job to make your clients look and feel their best!
And, there are companies out there that actually pay you to do it from home.
Places to Find Online Stylist Jobs
You might be wondering where to find a job as an online stylist. But, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Below, we’ve listed a few great places to find positions as a stylist online.
1. Employment Search Engine Platforms
Employment or job search engine websites can be an excellent source of online stylist jobs. Here are a few that you should check out:
Here are a few that you should check out:
They are updated frequently, so make sure you check back often for opportunities.
Rocksbox is a shopping service for fashion jewelry. Each month, it sends customers curated boxes of jewelry, from well-known designers, like House of Harlow.
And, it hires home-based stylists to curate these boxes.
As a stylist at Rocksbox, it’s your responsibility to:
- Curate jewelry for customers using the company’s online platform.
- Make styling decisions that are tailored to the customers’ past order history and style preferences.
- Write genuine and professional, yet friendly stylist notes for customers.
The hours are flexible, and you can work anywhere between 10 and 40 hours per week. You must also be willing and available to work weekdays.
You don’t have to have any specific experience to become a stylist at Rocksbox, but, you do need to:
- Have a passion for fashion and be able to recognize and identify new trends.
- Be able to use customer feedback effectively.
- Possess good spelling and grammar skills.
- Be self-motivated.
- Have access to a reliable PC and Internet.
- Possess strong computer skills.
- Have experience using online platforms.
How to Apply
If you want to be an online stylist at Rocksbox, then complete the site’s application form, which you can find here.
3. Stitch Fix
Stich Fix is a company that offers an online personal styling service for men and women. Through the platform, customers can get hand-picked clothing and accessories delivered to them, with free shipping!
Customers sign up to the site and provide Stitch Fix with information about their personal style. Then, each month, the customer receives a subscription box filled with clothes that one of the company’s stylists has selected based on their personal preferences. Customers can keep and pay for the clothes they want, and send back the rest.
The site hires work at home stylists to curate these monthly subscription boxes.
As a stylist at Stitch Fix, you are responsible for picking out the clothes for the company’s subscribers. And, as an added bonus, you get a discount if you buy clothes from Stitch Fix.
You work remotely, from home, in a part-time position. You can work anywhere from 15 to 29 hours per week. After you’ve worked as a Stitch Fix stylist for 90 days, you can become eligible for full-time positions.
After you’ve worked as a Stitch Fix stylist for 90 days, you can become eligible for full-time positions.
According to Stitch Fix, to become a stylist you must be:
- Creative and have the ability to help women find their personal style.
- Passionate about fashion.
- Able to build strong, genuine relationships with your clients.
- Self-motivated and be able to manage your own time and schedule.
- Able to make decisions confidently and quickly.
Before you start to work as a stylist, you need to undergo training.
How to Apply
Unfortunately, as you are required to attend a 5-6 hour training session prior to working from home, you must live in one of the following areas to work for Stitch Fix:
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- San Francisco Bay Area
You can apply for a position here.
Bombfell is an online personal styling service for men. Much like the two companies above, it offers a monthly subscription box full of clothes chosen by one of the company’s stylists.
And, you could be the stylist that picks out these clothes.
As an online stylist at Bombfell, it is your responsibility to:
- Style clients, and send them a personalized selection each month, using Bombfell’s online styling platform.
- Consider the client’s past order history, and review their style preferences, and social media accounts to ensure you select the best items for each client.
- Provide styling advice.
- Respond to client feedback and questions within 24 hours, Monday through Friday.
- Write genuine, and professional yet friendly messages to clients that help to build rapport.
There are both full-time and part-time work from home positions at Bombfell. You can read more about the responsibilities for each role by clicking on the open positions found on this page
You can read more about the responsibilities for each role by clicking on the open positions found on this page here.
Compared to the companies above, Bombfell requires you to have a lot more qualifications to be eligible as an online stylist. You must have
You must have:
- A four- year degree.
- One to two years of experience in the fashion industry.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A good attitude.
- Knowledge and experience with social media.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Good computer skills and the ability to use online platforms.
Also, even though most of the stylist positions at the company are online, you have to attend training sessions at Bombfell’s HQ in midtown Manhattan, and you might have to attend meetings or even do some work at the company’s offices. So, this means that you must reside in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut to be eligible for a position.
How to Apply
If you want to become a stylist at Bombfell, then apply for one of the positions listed on this page.
How Much Can You Earn as a Virtual Stylist?
How much you earn as an online stylist really depends on the company and the clients that you’re working with, as well as how many hours you work.
But, generally speaking, the average salary for online stylists at companies like Stich Fix is around $15 per hour.
Working as a stylist online is a fun and creative job, and the best part is that you don’t even need to leave your house to do it! You can do this job from wherever you are.
You can do this job from wherever you are and in whatever clothes you are wearing – that means you can do this even in your PJs!
So, whether you’re looking to make a bit of extra cash, are between jobs right now, or a looking to get into a new career, consider working as an online stylist.