If you enjoy playing the lottery, then you may have come across Jackpocket. It’s a lottery app that you can use to play official state lottery games right from your phone.
Like all free and paid game apps, this one also has pros and cons. In today’s Jackpocket review, I’ll cover everything there is to know about the app, like how it works, and also answer the all-important question, is Jackpocket legit?
What will I learn?
What is Jackpocket?
Jackpocket (official site: jackpocket.com) is an app that you can use to play state lottery games on your phone. With the app, you can play lottery games anytime, anywhere.
There’s lots of games available. You can play Powerball and Mega Millions jackpots or fun daily games with more chances to win the lottery.
You can view your actual lottery ticket on your phone and get an email confirmation with your ticket serial number.
How Does Jackpocket Work?
To use Jackpocket, you must be at least 18 years old.
Panel Payday: Earn up to $75 per survey. They also pay up to $50/hr for mystery shopping. Join Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
KashKick: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours by PayPal! Join Branded Surveys
First Opinion: Wanna get paid for every single survey (+ high paying online focus groups) with cash or direct deposit? This is for you! Join Now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $5 instantly!
You can use the app in the following states to play the lottery:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Washington DC
- West Virginia
You can get the app from the Jackpocket website. So, head on over to the website and click on “Get the App.” A pop-up box will appear and you can enter your phone number and Jackpocket will text you a link to download the app.
You can also download the app from the App Store for iOS devices and the Google Play store for Android devices.
Here’s where you can get the app:
Once you’re signed up, you can play the lottery from your phone.
Here’s how it works:
- Choose your lucky numbers, or if you can’t think of any, you can instead choose Quick Pick.
- Then, Jackpocket purchases your ticket for you from an official lottery retailer.
- Jackpocket will send a scan of your ticket to the app and order confirmation to your email. Your paper ticket is safely stored in a fireproof safe.
- If you win the lottery, you can collect 100% of your winnings. Winnings under $600 will go straight to your Jackpocket account. But, with larger winnings, Jackpocket will arrange to securely deliver your ticket to you.
It’s free to sign up for Jackpocket, and you keep 100% of your winnings. However, as it is a courier service, Jackpocket charges a service fee when you fund your account to cover its costs. You will be able to see the fee amount before you make a transaction.
How Much Can You Earn with Jackpocket?
Obviously, while the app makes it easy for you to play the state lottery, there is no guarantee that you’ll win anything. And just how much you can win depends on the lottery game you play.
There have been big winners who played their stat lottery through Jackpocket and have won a total of more than $100 million. So people do win!
You can win a few bucks, a few thousand dollars or hit the jackpot and win the big million dollars or more prizes. You do have to be extremely lucky to win the lottery though as the odds of winning are pretty low.
Please don’t look at it as a reliable source of income. there are far better ways to make money using one of the so many hundreds of profitable side hustles that are available these days.
And if you have gambling problem, please contact the National Problem Gambling Helpline (1-800-522-4700).
Is Jackpocket Legit?
Jackpocket is a legit app that’s been featured by a plethora of well-known media outlets like USA Today, ABC, Fox News, CBS, NBC, Good Morning America, and Forbes.
The app has a 4.4-star rating on the Google Play store and a 4.7-star rating on the App Store.
So, Jackpocket is well-reviewed by users. Jackpocket is also accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) where it has an A+ rating.
Jackpocket App Reviews
Here’s what customers have to say about Jackpocket:
- “Easy to use app. Very convenient if you don’t want to have to go to the store to play lotto. Even easier to pick your own numbers than the scan sheets in store, and you can save your numbers for future use. Deposit is quick and easy once you link your bank account, and the service fee (a little over 10%) charged on deposits isn’t bad for the service provided.” (Review from the Google Play store).
- “Love Love Love this app and everything about it. I don’t have to go outside and rush to the store just to play the lottery. This app is very convenient for me and I get to choose my numbers or let quick pick choose it for me. So far I won $12 just for playing a quick pick Powerball and then I used it to play my regular numbers which is the 3 number lotto instead of me cashing out the money. Hopefully I’ll win again but I’m grateful just for winning $12 for the first time using this app. I’m urging you to use JackPocket because it doesn’t disappoint. Another thing is that I get to play any games that I want whether it be Lotto, Powerball, Take Five, Win 4, etc. It gives you the chance to play and the quick pick feature to me is the best.” (Review from the App Store).
- “This app makes playing lotteries extremely easy! This app does exactly what it says, no more, no less. You can order tickets, you’ll be notified when you win, then when you do win, you still have control over your money! Play responsible and have fun! I’ve personally won multiple times (granted it was small amounts, but I did win and get paid immediately). This app is legal, it’s secure, it’s safe to use, and takes some of the hassles away of trying to enter your favorite lotteries!!!” (Review from the Google Play store).
- “Love it!!! The CONVENIENCE is unbeatable! This app is phenomenal. Just add money to your account and buy lottery tickets at your own free will. Never forget to to get your tickets, you can set reminders or auto play if you wanted. It is a nice, easy to use, easy to cash out app, they don’t hold you hostage for your money.” (Review from the Google Play store).
- “Have been using Jackpocket for over 2 years now. Its an amazing app! I love how convenient it is; no lines to wait on and it tells me the cut off so I know how much time I have to get my tickets if I do decide to play. I cant lose my tickets as its always shown on the app even 2 years later. Funding is super easy and I love how I could potentially share a free ticket to friends and family while also getting a bonus for that referral myself. Overall love this app and will always recommend !” (Review from the BBB).
Most of the reviews and ratings of Jackpocket are good. On the BBB, although it has an A+ rating from the BBB, it only has a 2-star rating from customers. I did notice though that Jackpocket was taking the time to respond to customer reviews and provide assistance, so that’s a good sign that the company is legit and willing to help customers.
Jackpocket Pros & Cons
Below, I’ll cover some pros and cons of Jackpocket.
Here are the pros of Jackpocket:
- It’s well rated on the App Store and the Google Play store.
- If you win, you get paid right to your bank account if your winnings are $600 or less. Or you’ll get the ticket sent right to you if it’s a larger win.
- You don’t need to go to the store to buy a lottery ticket. So, Jackpocket makes it way more convenient to play the lottery.
- You keep 100% of your winnings
Here are some cons of Jackpocket
- You have to pay a fee to fund your account.
- You can lose money on the lottery. However, this is an issue with the lottery overall and, as Jackpocket mentioned in a comment on the Google Play store, it does put limits on users. It says:
- “We share your concern and want fun without the danger. Being responsible and making the lottery better is part of our mission. We partner with the National Council on Problem Gambling to restrict abusive play. We enforce daily spending limits and users can lower their daily limit anytime or exclude themselves from play.”
Overall, Jackpocket is a legit app that makes it easier and more convenient to play the lottery. There are various lotto games available, and you can buy a ticket without having to leave the house.
You do have to pay a service fee, but you’re paying for the convenience of a third party purchasing your lotto ticket for you.
Of course, playing the lotto is risky and you could lose your money. So do proceed with caution. If you play the lotto anyway though and are looking for a more convenient way to purchase tickets, then give Jackpocket a try.
Share your thoughts