How much attention do you pay to the traffic around you?
I’m sure you’ve seen a few cars with Monster or Redbull stickers on ’em.
People put bumper stickers on their cars so they can express something about themselves to the people around them.
But these stickers are not there to express the driver’s opinion…
They are there to make the driver money!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get$5 Instantly!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
Opinion OutPost: On of the oldest survey sites with tons of fun & high paying surveys. A must join for earning extra cash.Join Opinion Outpost
Pinecone Research: Get paid to test & review emerging concepts for products and services (high paying surveys)Join Pinecone Research Now!
Lifepoints: Former MySurvey has paid its members over $20 Million in the last year alone! Join LifePoints Now!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
Yes, we are talking about car wrapping and making money by putting ads on your vehicle.
Interested in doing it yourself?
The good news is that there are many companies out there that will pay you to advertise on your car.
One of those companies is Brandyourcar.
BYC is a South African company that will find sources that want to pay you to advertise on your car.
But there is one problem (more on that later!)
First, let’s see how it all works…
How it works
Brandyourcar finds companies (e-business, banking, insurance, telecommunications, entertainment, or consumer products) that want to advertise in this creative way.
- If the company agrees to participate, they express their wishes for the types of vehicles/drivers involved.
- Things such as lifestyle and travel routes of the drivers, make of the driver’s vehicle, and specifics of the vehicle itself.
At this point, Brandyourcar begins reviewing their databank.
If you decide you want to be part of this opportunity you need to join the databank:
- To begin you will need to fill out an application which you can do so by going to http://www.brandyourcar.com.
- You must be 18 and have a valid driver’s license
- The app will be very detailed so it may take a few minutes.
- By asking a lot of questions and getting a lot of information about their drivers, Brandyourcar can unite advertisers and drivers quicker and easier.
Once you are in the databank, you can begin waiting to be matched with an advertiser.
This can be a fast process, or it might take a little longer.
Companies may be looking for specific makes, models, years, or even colors.
Companies may also be looking for someone with a specific lifestyle (sporting activities, working out, even the type of car you drive).
Companies also request certain areas or KM driven by their drivers.
Patience is a virtue: eventually, you will be matched up with a company.
Brandyourcar will contact you with information about your campaign once you have matched with one.
You can choose to either wait for another match (deny) or continue with the process of being an advertiser for the match (confirm).
If you choose to go with the company you will then get specific details:
- how long you may have this particular ad on your vehicle (anywhere from a month to a maximum of one year).
- what exactly the ad will be for.
- any other special requests from the company such as events to attend or social media obligations.
Once you have all of the required information and agree to it you will sign a contract.
Once your contract is signed you start getting paid.
Depending on your specific campaign you can make R1,000 (a little over $80) to R4,000 (a little over $300) per month.
- One user reported R1,600 every month for 3 months.
- Another reported being paid R1,099 for a 1-month contract.
Do I have to do anything extra?
Obviously, you will have to continue to follow the rules of the road (hopefully you are already doing so).
There is no extra mileage expected:
- Your application will ask how many km you drive per month.
- That information will be used when matching you with a company.
Also, once a month you will need to verify your account
- You will need to send a photo of your car to ensure you are still advertising.
- You will be given a verification code that will also need to input at this time.
- A picture of your odometer will be sent in to assure you are still traveling your normal amount.
- Social media tasks already agreed to will need to be completed.
- You will also need to complete a quick questionnaire about how everything is going.
Once you complete this list each month, your next payment will be available to you.
Occasionally, you will also be checked in on by Brandyourcar to ensure that everything is as you say it is.
It is also suggested that you learn about the product you are advertising.
You are a brand representative and companies expect you to tell the public about their product.
Since you are a representative of a company, let your business personality shine!
Users have reported that their campaigns have impacted them in a positive way and many have even changed their lifestyle once they know about it.
What exactly is going on my car?
Brandyourcar uses a vinyl wrapping on its selected vehicles.
Essentially, you get paid to put a sticker on your car!
It is installed by one of their professionals and causes no damage to your car’s paint.
The process of wrapping your car can take anywhere from 1 to 8 hours.
You can set up an appointment to make sure that you have the time for it to be installed.
It is also taken off by one of their professionals.
Even though the vinyl is low-risk, Brandyourcar does insure itself.
This means if there is any damage caused by one of their professionals, Brandyourcar will correct it for free.
The wrapping may cover windows but never your front windshield.
The vinyl is see-through so looking out of your driver’s or passenger’s side window(s) is not an issue (similar to tint on windows).
The ads themselves will be vibrant and catchy. This ensures that other drivers will be reading the side of your car.
If you are in an accident or are vandalized and the vinyl (ads) are damaged, contact Brandyourcar within 24 hours.
They will be able to repair or replace the vinyl so you continue to get paid.
This wrapping also gives you protection or nixes and scratches, UV damage, and dirt. Just an added bonus!
Wrapping your vehicle should not affect your vehicle’s warranty. Just to be sure, you can always call and check your warranty’s status.
The problem (and the solution!)
Ok, so what’s the problem?
Well, they are only available in South Africa right now.
But the good news is that they are expanding.
I contacted them on Facebook and asked about this. They told me they are planning to expand to other regions. The first place they said they will be in soon is Australia.
But what if they never come to the U.S.?
We have the solution!
Thankfully, there are a few other companies that do work in the U.S. and other countries.
Check out our post on how to get paid for driving your car for a list of 8 companies that pay you to wrap your car in ads.
Whether it be on social media or on the website itself, everybody seems to love working with this company.
Here is what I have gathered from reading driver reviews of this company:
- Terrific customer service and track record with 8 years in business.
- Excellent companies involved that drivers get to work with.
- Great products to promote. They may even be something you own or use.
- Over 25 companies advertising with them and more campaigns becoming available every day.
It really is an easy way to make some extra cash.
For something as simple and straightforward as allowing your vehicle to be rented out as advertisement space, there is decent of money to be made for doing basically no work.