Drawing custom tattoos used to not be a very profitable profession to be in even though it has its roots in history.
But thanks to the TV shows like Tattoo Nightmares and Ink Master, tattoos and artists who design and ink people with them are becoming even more popular.
With the unemployment numbers still high, I am sure there are lots of artists out there who are struggling to make ends meet.
If you are one of those artists who can draw tattoo designs and are trying to find a way to make some extra money to pay some bills, you may be in luck
Here is how you can make money as a tattoo artist…
A Tattoo Drawing Online Market Place?
CreateMyTattoo.com is a unique marketplace for tattoo artists to create and sell high quality, custom tattoos for tattoo enthusiasts.
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get $5 Instantly!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
Daily Goodie Box: Want free stuff? DGB will send you a box of free goodies (Free Shipping - No Credit Card). Get your box now!
QuickRewards: Get Paid instantly. No minimum pay out! Play games, shop, take surveys.... Join QuickRewards
KashKick: Get paid directly to your PayPal! KashKick pays you doing fun things online! Join KashKick Now!
Pinecone Research: Be the first to test emerging concepts for a variety of products. Earn $3 per survey! Join Pinecone Research Now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
It’s basically a crowdsourcing site where anyone who wants a new tattoo puts up an idea and crowdsourced it out to the community, and then pick the one they like the best.
And if you think there is not much money to be made here, consider this, there are sketches that go for as high as $400 – $500!
Tattoo is one of those arts that is incredibly personalized. People don’t want the same old stuff. They are always looking for new and cool designs, so the market never dies. I myself have a tattoo on my right arm.
So, the more creative you are, the more potential there is to make money with your art.
How Does It Work?
The site operates by running contests. Basically a customer comes in (or in this case logs in) with a particular artistic tattoo idea. The site starts a contest with the customer’s idea explained in detail.
As a tattoo artist, you can enter the contest by drawing what you think best represents the customer’s idea and submit your design.
If your design is selected as the winner you get paid.
13% Of the total amount goes to the site as their commission, but you get the other 87%.
All contests start with a minimum of $20. Some go as high as $400 or even more, depending on the customer and the design they have in mind.
Normally each contest runs for about 2 weeks.
The CreateMyTattoo Marketplace
Not only you can make money with tattoo contests, you can also sell your designs on their marketplace.
All you need to do is create an artist account, submit your design(s) and specify your price which has to start with a minimum of $5.95. Then whenever anyone interested in getting inked likes and buys your design, CreateMyTattoo pays you 75% net of the sale price through PayPal.
It’s as simple as that!
The beauty of it is that you can sell your ink art stencils as many times as you like. So, even if you only have a few good quality designs, there is potential for making decent money as an artist.
Imagine the possibilities if you can draw hundreds of unique and interesting tattoo designs.
If you are really talented and not camera shy, you may even be able to hit it big time.
Right now the famous Tattoo Nightmares TV show is looking for more artists to be a part of this popular reality TV show.
If you are interested, you can apply here.
And if you can draw well, you don’t have to stop there. A great number of artists are making money by drawing cartoons and pictures on micro freelancing sites like Fiverr. Not to mention you can even sell your tattoo drawings on such platforms as well.