In this post I’ll show you easy ways to get totally free samples of lipstick.
When it comes to makeup and beauty products, lipstick is a staple of lip care routine for most women.
But the cost of it can really add up! I know I’ve often been shocked when I’ve gone to order stuff online or when I get to the checkout at just how much a little basket of makeup can actually cost!
That’s why I like to try to get as many makeup products as I can for free!
And, that includes lipstick. I’m a huge lipstick fan – I have too many red shades to list!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get $5 Instantly!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
Daily Goodie Box: Want free stuff? DGB will send you a box of free goodies (Free Shipping - No Credit Card). Get your box now!
Pinecone Research: Get paid to test new products & earn $3 per survey! Join Pinecone Research Now!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours! Join Branded Surveys
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
Like I said though, I don’t like to spend a lot on makeup. Getting free beauty samples is a great way to save money on beauty products. The best part is that I have so many tips you can use to get samples for free and even full-sized products at no cost to you.
How to Get Free Lipsticks by Mail
Here’s how to get lipsticks for absolutely free.
1. Get three free lipsticks from NYX
At the time of writing, NYX was offering a free lip kit. It includes three full-sized lipsticks! You do have to spend $50 on the site though to qualify for this promotion
- Get your free lip kit from NYX here.
2. Visit Smashbox for free lipstick samples
Smashbox offers tons of freebies.
You can get free samples on any order!
There are lots of them available too, including lipsticks and lip glosses.
3. Get more than 30 free lipsticks from Maybelline
Maybelline New York often runs giveaways where you can win products from the brand.
The products on offer vary – but at the time of writing, Maybelline had partnered with La Colombe to honor National Coffee Day. In the giveaway, called the Coffee & Kisses sweepstakes, you could win coffee products from La Colombe and Maybelline.
The grand-prize winner gets more than 30 lipsticks, as well as a plethora of coffee and tea products.
The giveaway will also select ten 2nd place winners who get seven lipsticks, as well as free lattes!
There will also be 50 third place winners chosen who will each receive six lipsticks.
- View current Maybelline giveaways here.
4. Check for free beauty samples at Sephora
Sephora has a page on its website where it gives out free samples of beauty products. There are lots of different products available including lipsticks.
All you need to do is make a purchase and you can pick two free beauty samples for free.
At the time of writing, you could get a matte Giorgio Armani lipstick sample for free!
- Get your free lipstick samples from Sephora here.
5. Get samples from Estee Lauder
You can get complimentary samples from Estee Lauder. There’s so much on offer from foundations to mascara. And of course there are plenty of lip products to be had.
Samples on offer vary, but there are sometimes free lipsticks available on there. The best part is that many of these products are full-sized.
- Browse samples from Estee Lauder here.
6. Receive a $25 gift with purchase from E.l.f. Cosmetics
You can get a free gift with purchase from E.l.f. when you spend $25. E.l.f. doesn’t state what this gift is. But since the brand sells so many different lip products, getting a complimentary lipstick is totally a possibility.
- Get your complimentary gift from E.l.f. here.
7. Get lipstick samples from MAC Cosmetics
MAC has an offers page where you can find the latest promos for the brand.
At the time of writing, it was offering exclusive samples with every order. You could add one sample to every order.
- Browse MAC offers here.
That’s not all though.
MAC also has a page of samples where the brand uploads its latest free product offerings.
The makeup products available do vary. At the time of writing, the brand was offering foundation samples. That doesn’t mean that lipstick samples won’t be available in the future though.
If you’re looking for lipstick samples from MAC, I’d highly recommend you check out the samples page to see if any become available from the brand.
- Browse makeup samples from MAC Cosmetics here.
8. Sign up for PINCHme
If you don’t already know, PINCHme is a website that sends out free samples by mail.
What’s great about the platform is that it often sends out health and beauty products in its sample boxes. This means free makeup for you!
You even get to choose the samples you want – yup, it’s a pretty great website!
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for the website. You’ll need to take the site’s shopper survey to let PINCHme know about you so it can the best samples for you.
- Choose your samples: On Sample Day, you can choose the samples to add to your PINCHme box.
- The samples will be mailed right to you.
- You will need to test out the item and then give your feedback.
What’s great about PINCHme is that it’s totally free to join and the site never asks you for credit card details!
It’s shipped more than 25 million samples. And you get samples from makeup brands that you’ve actually heard of, like L’Oréal.
Sure, there won’t always be free lipstick samples available as the freebies on offer vary. But it’s always worth checking to see what’s available.
- Sign up for PINCHme here.
8. Sign up for Daily Goodie Box
Daily Goodie Box is a lot like PINCHme. It’s a free sample box subscription company that sends you free stuff monthly. The box includes everything from snacks and protein bars to free shampoo samples as well as health and beauty products some of which could be lipsticks from various brands.
- Sign up for Daily Goodie Box here.
9. Huda Beauty
Did you know there is a “National Lipstick Day”?
Yes, there actually is such a holiday and it is celebrated on July 29th every year.
Huda Beauty actually started this holiday. On that day, the company launches a new lipstick shade each year and to bring in more shoppers, they have a promotion where for seven days, when you buy any lip product on ShopHudaBeauty.com, they’ll give you a free lipstick of your choice.
To get your free lipstick, mark your calendar and visit the site on that day (or during the 7-day event). You can see a detailed explanation of the holiday and the promotion on their blog on this 2019 blog poST.
Tips for Getting More Free Lipstick & Samples
Here are even more tips for getting free lipsticks!
10. Look out for those free gift with purchase deals
I get so many freebies just for purchasing items. Lots of stores do this.
Basically, they give you a free gift – sometimes this is full-sized beauty products.
I once got a box of beauty products that included a full-sized lipstick when I spent over $20 on a particular brand.
Stores run these sorts of promotions all the time. Usually, they’re for a limited time only but new promotions pop up regularly. Check places like CVS, Target, Walmart, and Sephora for deals. Many brands will announce their promotions on their websites and social media accounts. Talking of which…
11. Check social media for lipstick sample giveaways
Some brands and stores will give away free lipstick samples. Sometimes they even give away free full-sized products!
Most brands announce giveaways on their social media accounts.
I’d highly recommend you check out the social media accounts of your favorite makeup brands, as well as those of stores that stock makeup, like Target.
12. Trade your grocery receipts for free lipsticks
If you’ve got receipts, Ibotta has free cash for you.
With Ibotta, you can get paid for purchasing certain items at the grocery store.
Buying laundry detergent? Or maybe even health and beauty products at the store? Then use Ibotta and you could get money back.
Here’s how it works.
- Sign up for Ibotta. It’s totally free and it even has a handy app.
- Browse offers before you head out to the store. Offers include things like $2 back on wine or a $1 back on frozen pizza.
- Select the offers you want.
- Go shopping and purchase the item featured in the offer.
- Upload photo of your receipt.
Ibotta will then pay you with PayPal cash and gift cards for places like Amazon available as redemption options.
You can use your free cash to get lipsticks for free!
13. Sign up for email lists
Lots of beauty brands and retailers who sell makeup provide discounts and freebies to customers who sign up for their email list.
Here are some examples:
- Fenty Beauty – Get 10% off your first order and exclusive offers
- L’Oréal Paris – Get product samples and coupons
- Maybelline – Get deals sent to you
It’s a great way to get exclusive discounts, free samples, and other great deals sent right to you.
14. Contact companies directly
What are your favorite makeup brands? Make a list and then contact each one.
A lot of people don’t realize that one of the best ways to get freebies from brands is to simply reach out to them and make a polite request.
Emphasis on the word polite here!
You can basically tell a brand how much you like their lipsticks and ask if they have any sample products that they could give you.
Potentially, you could have free lipstick samples sent to you by mail!
If you don’t get free products, you usually get at least a coupon code that gives you a discount or free shipping.
Where to contact companies
Where exactly do you contact companies then?
Well, it’s pretty easy. Most makeup brands have a contact page on their website. You can click on that to get the brand’s contact details.
Most brands have a few different ways to get in touch, including:
- Email: One of the easiest ways to get in touch with brands for freebies is through email. Lots of beauty brands list an email address on their site. Just paste your message into an email, hit send, and you could have free lipstick samples on your doorstep in no time.
- Contact form: Contact forms also give you a simple way to get in touch with a brand. Just paste your message into the chat box and you could have some freebies sent your way.
- Mail: Some companies have a mailing address you can use to contact them. However, mail is pretty slow and there’s the cost of actually sending out letters. That being said, a physical letter can often make more of an impact than a digital message. Simply because companies don’t get as many letters as they used to! And you’ve taken the extra effort to send a letter through the mail. This means they could appreciate your message more and be more inclined to mail some free stuff to you in return.
- Online chat box: You know those chat boxes that often appear in the corner of websites? Well, those can be a good way to get in touch with your favorite makeup brands. Visit the website of your favorite lipstick brand. Then use the chat box to speak with a customer service agent. Ask for freebies! It’s that simple. You’ll usually at least get a promo code for free shipping if not samples sent right to you.
- Social media: You can also reach out to makeup brands on their social media accounts. It’s a good way to request lipstick samples.
- Phone: Last but not least, we have the phone. Phoning isn’t my favorite option to be honest. It’s time-consuming. You can’t use a template to get in touch as you have to phone each company and actually speak with someone. You can only call one brand at a time. It’s an option to consider though. But definitely not the most efficient method for getting free lipstick from brands.
What to say to get free stuff from makeup brands
What should you say to the company though?
Here’s a quick template you can use when contacting makeup brands for free stuff:
My name is [your name]
I just wanted to say that I’m a huge fan of your brand. I really love your makeup products, particularly your [insert name of your favorite product]. I even recommend them to my friends and family!
As a loyal customer of [brand name] for years, I just wanted to say you’re doing great work!
I was also wondering if you have any samples or coupons you could send to me. I’d love to try more of your products and would appreciate anything you could send me.
Thank you so much and have a great day!
The reason that using a template is such a good idea is that it saves you a lot of time. You can just tailor this message to each company that you contact.
It can also be a good idea to write an extra line or two about your experience with the brand’s beauty products.
Once you have your message all typed out, you can start contacting your favorite beauty brands.
Just paste your message into the email, chat box, contact form or whatever platform you’re using to get in touch. Then just wait for companies to respond.
It’s a good idea if you are planning to email brands to set up a separate email account just for getting freebies.
That way, you won’t clutter up your regular inbox.
And you also won’t miss emails from brands because they won’t get lost among your personal emails.
15. Join the loyalty/rewards club
A lot of makeup brands have a rewards club that you can join to earn points. Brands like MAC have them as do retailers that sell makeup like CVS and Sephora.
The thing is if you’re buying makeup anyway, you may as well be rewarded for it.
That’s why these programs are so awesome.
They give you things like:
- Points you can redeem for free makeup.
- Freebie offers
- Promo codes
- And other deals and exclusive offers.
Here are some examples of loyalty programs and rewards clubs you can join:
- Sephora Beauty Insider
- Ulta Rewards
- Elf Beauty Squad
- MAC Lover Loyalty Rewards Program
- CVS ExtraCare
- Bobbi Brown Club Loyalty Program
It’s worth signing up for these programs because each time you make a purchase, you’ll earn points towards a free product or at least a discount.
You can get everything from matte lipsticks to lip glosses for free!
16. Join product testing panels
Joining product testing sites is an easy way to get all sorts of free stuff. Product testing is basically a system where companies send you their products for free. All you have to do is use the product and give your feedback. Companies use this feedback to improve their products or develop new and better ones. It’s a win-win for everybody!
And if you just want to get health & beauty freebies, you’ll be happy to know that there are product testing companies that specifically target beauty products. We have a list of legit beauty products testing panels that you can join for free.
17. Search Reddit
I’m a big fan of Reddit for a variety of things. And I think one of the most underrated aspects of the site is Reddit freebies. There are practically subreddits for any topic you can think of including free stuff where users share the latest free stuff they find.
But you don’t have to search on the main free stuff subreddit. Who has time to browse through hundreds of thousands of threads to find who’s giving away free lipsticks, right?
Well, you don’t have to!
There is a subreddit dedicated to free makeup. Join (it’s free) or bookmark the r/makeupfreebies and keep an eye on posts about free lipsticks and the latest brand promotions.
Whether it’s a matte red lipstick or a glossy nude lipstick, there are so many places where you can get lipsticks for free. Not just samples either!
As you can see from the tips above, there are plenty of ways you can get full-sized makeup products for free.
And, there are so many places mailing out free lipstick samples! Give the websites above a try and don’t forget to use our tips and you’ll have a pile of lipstick samples in no time!