Today we’re going to talk about donating sperm for cash.
Yes, people will pay you for your sperm!
As odd and crazy as it sounds, there are actually sperm donation centers around the country (and world) that specialize in sperm donation (and for the ladies out there, yes, you can also get paid for donating eggs!)
There are a lot of women out there who’s partners can’t produce enough healthy sperm or just don’t want to pass on an inherited disease. The donated sperm is used to fertilize an egg inside a woman.
Needless to say, not every man’s sperm is in high demand!
The reality is that only around 5% of all applicants are accepted.
That’s because there are requirements you need to meet before you can sell your sperm for cash.
Requirements for Sperm Donation
Just like blood donation centers that pay you to donate your blood plasma, every sperm bank is going to have a different set of rules and standards.
And it is up to each individual sperm bank as to how selective they are with their sperm donors.
With this being said, some general requirements that most sperm banks have in common are:
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 39
- Have a height requirement, which is generally at least 5’7”, though many sperm banks require the person to be taller
- Have a college education or be attending college to get a degree
- Do not smoke
- Have to have a clean family history, and this is a vital requirement, meaning that most adopted men are out of the running with this point
- Have no genetic diseases
- No mental illness and no history of mental illness in your family
How much do you get paid to donate Sperm?
When it comes to sperm donation compensation, just like I explained in our “How much can you make donating plasma” article, the amount varies based on a few factors – location, donation center, age, health, etc.
For example, Cryobank (one of the major sperm banks) lets you donate up to 3 times a week (assuming you qualify to be a donor) which will earn you a total of $1500 a month.
One aspect that is surprising to most men is that these centers usually require that you make a time commitment with them for donating sperm.
Here is a common example of how this works:
- You must commit to making 2 visits per week for a time period of six months to a year
- For each sample that is a quality sample, you will earn $100
- After the time period is fulfilled, you are paid $500 to complete the exit blood screening process
Though you are not going to get rich by any means doing this, you can earn a decent amount of money.
Finding Sperm Banks near you
There are sperm banks in almost any major city these days. However, finding them isn’t as easy as, say, blood donation center. That’s because sperm donation is kind of discrete.
Thankfully, there is a website that makes it very easy to find a paid sperm donation center near you.
It is SpermBankDirectory.com.
Simply visit SpermBankDirectory.com, select your location to see a list of sperm banks near you.
You can also use Yellow Pages by searching for “sperm banks” or Google by searching for “sperm banks in your city”.
Donating sperm for cash isn’t as easy as some movies and TV shows depict. It is a hard process and not many people qualify for.
But if you do qualify, it’s a great way to not only help someone but to earn a little extra cash as well.