If you’re looking for side hustle apps, you may have heard about Steady.
In today’s Steady App review, we’ll be covering how it works, how much you can earn, and whether or not it’s legit.
What will I learn?
What is Steady?
Steady is a web and mobile app that allows users to find full-time, part-time, work-from-home, and seasonal gigs. It also makes it easy to find quick work today, get paid today kind of jobs.
Steady also works with advertisers that give you money for completing offers, called, “Income Boosters,” such as signing up for a bank account.
The company was founded in 2017 by Adam Roseman, Michael Loeb and Eric Aroesty and its app was released in 2018 and is available online and on iOS and Android devices.
How Does Steady App Work?
Steady helps to connect people with work opportunities, such as full-time, part-time, work-from-home, and seasonal gigs near you. The app allows you to filter job opportunities based on things like your location, skills, interests, and schedule.
KashKick: Get paid directly into your PayPal for watching videos, surfing, shopping and more. Join KashKick Now!
Panel Payday: Earn up to $75 per survey. They also pay up to $50/hr for mystery shopping. Join Now!
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Get $5 instantly!
Branded Surveys: Get $1 instantly just for joining for free. Plus get paid within 48 hours by PayPal! Join Branded Surveys
First Opinion: Wanna get paid for every single survey (+ high paying online focus groups) with cash or direct deposit? This is for you! Join Now!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join now & get $5 instantly!
As I said earlier, the app also features Income Boosters, which allow you to earn cash rewards when you complete certain offers.
How it works is simple:
The first step is to sign up for an account.
Here are the links:
Once you download the app, you can create a free account. You’ll need to provide basic information, like your name, phone number, and email address.
You can also link your bank account, which allows you to track your earnings in the app. Although linking your bank account isn’t a requirement, doing so is the only way to manage your income streams through the app.
You will also need to answer some questions. It’s important to answer these questions carefully so that Steady can match you with relevant gigs.
Steady will ask questions about things like:
- What type of work you’re looking for.
- What languages you speak.
- Where you want to work
- Your highest level of education.
- Your job experience.
Once you have answered the questions, you will then be able to browse through earning opportunities.
How to Make Money with Steady App
Steady offers users a few ways to earn money. This includes:
Local job opportunities
Steady offers local employment opportunities. So, it’s useful if you’re looking to make extra money. Many of the opportunities listed in the app are gig type work, such as food delivery, dog-walking, and grocery shopping.
If you’re interested in traditional part-time or full-time opportunities though, you can still find plenty of options on the Steady app. You can actually sort jobs by opportunity type, so you can filter out jobs that don’t appeal to you. Steady is more focused on side hustles though, rather than full-time employment.
Once you find a job you’re interested in, you can click on “Apply,” in the app, and then you’ll be taken to a third-party site to complete the application.
Then, if you get hired for a gig, you’ll complete the work, and then get paid directly by the company you work for.
Steady also offers grants to users who are experiencing financial hardship. It offers emergency cash grants to thousands of Steady members who are experiencing large income drops.
Steady partners with The Workers Lab to distribute grants to members. It has provided $4 million in Emergency Cash Grants to members. Completing an application doesn’t guarantee that you will get a grant, but it can help your chance of receiving funds if you link a bank account.
Grants can be between $100 to $1,000.
The company says, “With Income Boosters, we connect Steady members with trusted, effective products and opportunities that set them up for the long run, alongside excellent cash incentives in the short term.”
Income Boosters is a feature of the Steady app that allows users to earn cash rewards. The app provides recommendations for a variety of financial products that offer sign-up bonuses.
Recommendations are mostly for things like bank accounts, loan products, and financial services, like Acorns for example. Members are not obligated to sign up for these items.
The company says that it has paid $15 million in cash incentives to Steady Members so far.
Is the Steady App Legit?
Steady is a legit app that allows you to find job opportunities. Of course, the company’s Income Boosters can seem a little like sales pitches, but you are not obligated to purchase anything. Overall, Steady is a legit app that is well-reviewed by users.
Below, to give you a better idea of what people’s experiences are like with Steady, I’ve included some user ratings and reviews of the company.
Steady App Reviews
Here’s how the Steady App is rated across a few different sites:
- iOS store: 4.6 stars
- Google Play store: 4.2 stars
- Better Business Bureau (BBB): B+
- Trustpilot: 4.3 stars
As you can see from those numbers, Steady is very well-rated online. The fact that it has more than 4 stars on most sites and a B+ rating from the BBB indicates that users are very happy with the platform.
Here are a few reviews from users of the Steady app:
- “Decent app. I would give more stars if there was more of a variety of freelance jobs, not just delivery driver positions. The boosters are a nice idea, however, it would be nice to have more booster opportunities. All in all, it serves its purpose and is a nice tool for those needing help finding work and/or financial help.” (Review from the Google Play store).
- “I don’t do app reviews but I’m making an exception for Steady. I absolutely love the versatility that this one-stop-shop offers. The jobs are legitimate, the boosters actually pay out & they pay out well, & the income tracker can be super useful in a multitude of ways. I finally found a financing app that does what it claims to do & makes my life a bit easier. I would recommend Steady to anyone because it has so many features… There’s bound to be something for everyone!” (Review from the Google Play store).
- “This app makes it so rewarding to use because they help you achieve extra income.” (Review from Trustpilot).
Here are some answers to common questions you may have about using the Steady App.
How much can you make with Steady?
As I mentioned above, there are a few different ways to earn with Steady.
Here’s what each money-making method can earn you:
Steady says that, on average, members earn $5,500 in yearly income with Steady. Most of the hourly jobs on the platform are in the $15 to $25 per hour pay range.
Grants pay between $100 and $1,000. The company has awarded $4 million in grants to members.
The company says that it has paid $15 million in cash incentives to Steady members so far. The amount you get for Income Boosters varies, but it can be anywhere from $5 to $150 in bonuses.
What kind of jobs are on Steady?
You can find lots of different jobs on Steady, including:
- Gig work and seasonal work, like rideshare driving for companies like Uber and Lyft, and delivering for food delivery companies like UberEats, and DoorDash.
- Work from home jobs, like tutoring, proofreading, and transcribing.
- Part-time jobs like fast food and grocery store positions.
- Full-time jobs in industries like customer support and insurance.
Is it safe to link a bank account to the Steady app?
You don’t have to link a bank account to the Steady app but doing so is beneficial. Firstly, when you connect your bank account, you’ll be able to track your income on Steady. And secondly, to receive those Income Boosters, you’ll need to link a bank account to Steady and set up direct deposit to get your cash reward.
If you are considering linking a bank account to the Steady app, you’re probably wondering whether or not it’s safe to do so. It is safe to link a bank account to the Steady App. Steady uses Plaid to connect to your bank.
Plaid is the same technology that is used by well-known companies like Venmo, TransferWise, MoneyLion, Robinhood, Acorns, and Coinbase.
This technology ensures that your information is encrypted end-to-end. Your actual bank credentials are never available to Steady.
Does Steady app charge a fee?
Steady is free to download and use, which is great! So, you may wonder how Steady makes money. Well, firstly, Steady makes money when it refers job seekers to employers who’re in need of qualified workers. Secondly, Steady works with different brands and advertises them in the “Income Boosters” section of the Steady App.
Steady Pros & Cons
In this section, I’m going to cover some pros and cons of Steady, so you can decide whether or not the app is for you.
Here are the pros of Steady:
- It offers you multiple ways to earn money. There are three different earnings opportunities available – local job opportunities, grants, and Income Boosters.
- The app is free.
- The sign-up process is simple.
- Steady is a legit app that’s well-reviewed across multiple platforms.
- It makes it easy to find gigs near you. Steady gathers opportunities from across the web into one place, which you can filter based on your experience and interests.
- You can find jobs that pay $25 an hour there, so it can be a good income.
- It’s easy to manage your income with Steady. The app’s income tracker tool allows you to manage your monthly earnings in one place, and see which jobs paid you the most.
- Linking your bank account to Steady is simple to do and allows you to track your income, get paid funds from emergency grants, and earn cash rewards from Income Boosters.
There are some cons of Steady:
- If you want to apply to a particular job, you’re taken to the hiring company’s website to complete an application. So, you have to complete an application for every job that you want to apply to, which can be a little time-consuming.
- Unless you find a regular full-time or part-time job, you will need to constantly apply for side hustles, which does take up your time. Still though, it is a great app to find gig economy jobs.
For anyone looking to make extra money, the Steady App is definitely worth trying. The app is incredibly well-reviewed online with many people successfully making money from it. If you want to earn more money, then give Steady a try!
Have you ever used Steady? If so, feel free to share your Steady App review in the comments section below.
Share your thoughts