The average American spends $1,700 on clothes each year!
You can cut your spending and save money on clothes by shopping at the right stores.
I love shopping for clothes online. You can see everything right in front of you. You can take your time shopping, and the best part is that if you shop in the right places, you can save yourself a lot of money too! (Plus, there are even ways to get free clothes online!)
That said, updating your wardrobe inexpensively depends on where you shop.
Not all online stores and retailers are created equal when it comes to clothing quality and price. Thankfully, there are online stores that offer lower prices and great deals, meaning you can stock up your closet for a fraction of the price.
InboxDollars: Paid over $57 Million to members to watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get $5 Instantly!
Panda Research: Earn up to $50 per survey or offer completed. Join Panda Research Today!
Swagbucks: Get paid to watch videos, shop online, take surveys and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Instantly!
Smart App: Earn $15 a month just for installing their free app, plus loyalty bonus every three months! Join Smart App Now
Daily Goodie Box: Want free stuff? DGB will send you a box of free goodies (Free Shipping - No Credit Card). Get your box now!
National Consumer Panel: Use the app or free handheld scanner they mail you to scan barcodes during shopping to earn cash & gift cards. Get Access to NCP
Plus, with so many great apps for buying and selling clothes, it’s easier than ever to find affordable clothing for women, men and kids from even name brand fashion designers.
Note: Before we get started, I just want to mention that I also did a post on how to save money when shopping for clothes. I’d highly recommend you check that out because it gives you lots of ways to save money regardless of where you’re shopping for clothes. Take a look at that post here.
Cheap Online Shopping Sites for Clothes
Here are the best sites to buy cheap clothes online.
One of my favorite places to buy clothes is on Amazon. Not only can you get stuff you won’t see in-stores, but you’ll also get clothes at bargain prices.
I once got a sweater on Amazon for about half the price I saw the same one for in a competitor store offline.
Why shop at Amazon?
- Low prices.
- Free shipping on many items if you’re a Prime member.
- Coupons are available.
- Lots of brands available.
- Read reviews before purchasing.
- Free returns.
2. TJ Maxx
You can find some great bargains at TJ Maxx stores. But, did you know that you can also find some great deals on clothes on TJ Maxx online?
Yes, the company’s website offers just as many great clothes, shoes, and accessories
Why shop at TJ Maxx online?
- Wide selection of items
- Get brand name items at low prices.
- Easy returns
The only thing to keep in mind with TJ Maxx is that it’s shipping costs can be a little on the higher side. So just factor that in when you’re shopping on the site.
Poshmark is a super popular online consignment store where people can buy and sell used clothing – you can also get new pieces on there too.
It’s especially a good place to get cheap trendy women’s clothing and designer items at low prices.
There’s also an app available too:
Why shop on Poshmark?
- Get items at up to 70% off.
- Shop thousands of brand name items.
- Easy to use platform.
The only downside to Poshmark is that you can only get a refund if the item doesn’t match the listing or doesn’t ship to you at all. You do have three days after delivery to let Poshmark know if the item has been misrepresented. You’ll need to report the problem on the app or website with supporting photos.
4. Old Navy
Just like at J.Crew or Nordstrom, Old Navy has some great pieces, but at much lower prices than the ones offered by those aforementioned stores.
Why shop at Old Navy?
- The store often runs sales. You can find stuff there at 30% to 60% off! You can find lots of pieces that will cost you less than $10!
- Easy returns. If you don’t like at item, you can return it to your local store, and you’ll get a refund or you can exchange the item with no hassle. All you need is your shipping receipt.
- Offers a range of items to suit all shapes and sizes, whether you’re tall, petite or plus-sized.
The only issue with Old Navy is that sometimes the store will ship your order in multiple packages. It seems to ship items as they pick them, meaning your order is split into pieces.
ClothingUnder10 is an aptly named site that offers clothes for less than $10! So, it’s a great website for affordable clothes.
Why shop at ClothingUnder10?
- Get super cheap clothes. Not all of the site’s clothes are under $10, but many of them are, like the site’s jeans for example. Plus, the site has a clearance section with clothes for as little as $3!
- You can get $5 off your first purchase.
- There’s a wide range of clothes available from dresses to tank tops.
There’s no free shipping available, but since the clothes are so cheap anyway, it’s no big deal!
Another one of the best cheap online shopping sites for clothes is Target.
You can find so many items at Target for super cheap prices. The best part is though that you can find a great mix of trendy and timeless pieces. So, whether you’re looking for something that’s in-style right now, or more classic, timeless pieces, Target is a good place to shop.
Why shop at Target?
- You’ll find lots of items on-sale. They really do have some awesome deals available.
- Clothes are available in a wide range of sizes, so if you’re plus-size, you’ll be able to find items that suit you.
- Shipping is free on orders worth $35 or more. That’s great because it’s a pretty low free shipping threshold.
- Return or exchange items by going to your closest store.
Next on our list of cheap online stores for clothes is Rosegal. If you’re looking for cheap online clothing stores with free shipping, then you should definitely check it out.
It’s a website and app where you can find clothing at really affordable prices.
Here’s where you can get the app:
Why shop with Rosegal?
- Get men’s and women’s clothing on there, as well as shoes, sunglasses, watches, and jewelry.
- With the app, you can find items for less than $20!
- Shipping is free.
- You get access to coupons and deals too, like 15% off for new users.
I really like ASOS, because it’s great for basics. As I mentioned in my post on saving money on clothes (link above), having lots of basics in your closet is great if you’re on a budget. Basics, like t-shirts, tank tops, and leggings can be combined to make lots of different outfits.
And, as I said above, ASOS is great for these types of items. I got some high-neck tank tops from there that were great quality, and not too expensive either.
Why shop with ASOS?
- There’s a huge range of items available.
- Get free delivery on orders of $40 or more.
- Get free returns through your local UPS ground location in over 47,000 locations.
Depop is a marketplace for used fashion.
My sister loves ordering stuff from Depop – she’s gotten stuff like shirts, jackets, and skirts for under $10! Some items were even less than that. In fact, she’s gotten items for $3!
These items are all in great condition too.
So, if you’re wondering, “where can I buy cheap quality clothes?” then give Depop a try.
There’s a Depop app available:
Why shop with Depop?
- Get clothes at very low prices.
- Find trendy pieces.
- Get clothes in a wide range of sizes.
- Includes a really easy-to-use platform that combines elements of Instagram and eBay.
If you’re looking to buy trendy clothes, then try Boohoo.
Why shop with BooHoo?
- Get a wide range of clothing, including workwear, athletic wear, and even kids clothing.
- Clothing sizes available for all shapes. They even have 4x and sometimes 5x clothing, which is ideal if you’re plus-sized.
- Lots of sales available – with deals ranging from free shipping to 30% off!
The only thing with BooHoo is that you can’t exchange items. It only offers refunds.
Thrift stores are great for cheap clothes. And, there are also many online thrift stores that offer awesome deals and prices on clothing.
One of the biggest and most popular online thrift stores is thredUP.
There’s also an app available:
Why shop with thredUP?
- Get clothes at up to 90% off.
- Wide range of items available.
- Clothes are high-quality even though they are secondhand.
You can find a wide range of clothes on eBay, and at great prices!
Why shop with eBay?
- You can bid on items and get them at a lower price.
- You can also use the Buy It Now option if you don’t want to make bids and wait to find out if you won the auction.
- There’s a wide range of products to choose from.
- You can see seller ratings.
If you’re wondering where to buy cheap clothes online, you really should check out Wanelo (Wanelo is a portmanteau of the words Want, Need, Love).
There’s also an app available:
Why shop with Wanelo?
- Get up to 90% off clothes, shoes and more!
- There are more than 550,000 stores available on there.
UNIQLO is the place to shop if you’re looking for timeless pieces you can wear time and time again. It’s not quite as cheap as some of the other places on the list, but it does offer some great pieces at reasonable prices.
Why shop at UNIQLI?
- It offers a wide range of simple, versatile pieces that you can dress up or down, and just generally get lots of wear from.
- There’s a great selection of jackets and other outwear that’s ideal if you live in a cold climate.
- You can get free shipping on orders of $99 or more, which isn’t a super low shipping threshold. If you plan to order multiple items from the site though, it’s not too bad.
- There’s clothing for everyone, including men, women, children, and even infants. So, there’s a great range to choose from.
ROMWE is an app that has so many deals available. So, if you’re looking for clothes at bargain prices, you should give this app a try.
Here’s where to get the app:
Why shop with ROMWE?
- It has items available in a wide range of categories, like women’s clothing, shoes, bags, and jewelry.
- You can get items at super low prices, and there are often sales and deals available as well. Deals and sales range from free shipping on orders over $49 and 95% off sales!
SHEIN is another one to check out if you’re looking for clothes at low prices.
There’s also an app available:
Why shop with SHEIN?
- You get free returns
- Shipping is free on orders worth $49 or more.
- There are 500 new arrivals uploaded daily.
- There are lots of deals available as well. For example, in the past there have been flash deals available that can get you up to 80% off!
- Just for signing up to the site, you can get 10% off! This includes sales items.
- There are also sales alerts and promotional emails on offer.
LetGo is another good place to check out. It’s a website where people can buy and sell a wide range of items. It also has a clothing section where you can buy used clothing at great prices.
There’s also a LetGo app:
Why shop at LetGo?
- Browse lots of items from brand names.
- View items at great prices near you.
OfferUp is a site like LetGo, where people can buy and sell a wide range of items, including clothing, shoes, and accessories. Like LetGo, OfferUp is focused on used items. So, you can get some great prices.
There’s also an app available:
Why shop at OfferUp?
- You can find items on there from brands like Nike, Puma, and Adidas.
- It offers an easy to navigate platform.
Vinted is another one to check out if you’re looking to buy cheap clothes online.
There’s an app available as well:
Why shop with Vinted?
- Browse items from well-known brands.
- Easy to use platform.
Time for an Inexpensive Wardrobe Update
You don’t have to spend lots of money to get an awesome closet full of attire you can wear for lots of different occasions!
Visit the websites above and get yourself some affordable clothing!
What are your favorite places to buy cheap clothes online? Let us know in the comments section below.